THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better?

Go down 
+3
wanderingblade
Brom
PainReaver
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PainReaver
Sybarite

3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better? Empty
PostSubject: 3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better?   3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 12:44

As the title says, i wonder which is more optimum, and more likely to slay a tank.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better?   3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 16:54

3x3 is more likely to destroy a single piece of armour because you have more blasters. As for which is better, idk. Some people swear by blasterborn. I tried em and didnt like their somewhat suicidal nature. Splinterborn otoh are amazing. Just depends what you need in the army. I would probably opt for the second setup although even then I would go with 3 blasters to cut cost.

Edit- also why 5 splinterborn when you can only take 2 SCs?
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better?   3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 17:39

3 shardcarbines
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better?   3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 18:33

Have to admit, I personally wouldn't run Splinter Cannons and shardcarbines in the same squad as a rule - one wants to sit still in the Venom and pretend to be a pillbox, the other wants to start moving up, then moving back a little, back a little... although Splinter Cannons are good with shardcarbines for kill zone extension shenanigans.

That is slightly behind the point; I've never used Blasterborn, so can't be that helpful... however, I often find myself thinking "I need more AT". More AI is rarely as pressing a concern...
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better?   3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 21:41

The main problem I've got with Trueborn is how very eggs in one basket they often end up. Except, your basket is a plastic grocery bag, and your eggs are live chicks, and you're going skydiving this afternoon.

3 Trueborn, 2 Splintercannons, no shard carbines. Their defensive tech is to bring fire magnets. It's the only trueborn loadout that isn't something another codex can do better. Just taking them as a worse Havoc or Vet squad kinda rustles my jimmies.

3x3 is less vulnerable to being picked off early game, 2x4 is less expensive and has more stopping power per unit. Is your plan to spread out or to clump together? Can you feasibly protect one blaster unit, or will they work in tandem?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better?   3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 21:48

i like running 2 x 4 blasters in a venom, if you move, disembark, move, then shoot you give them a 30" threat range which most people dont realise.
You can suicide them like that, once they are out of the venom i find people shoot my venoms first so they manage to survive to pester other things.
All depends on your play style really, if need be i do suicide my elite slot as they are not scoring. They tie things up while the troops get into position.
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better?   3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 12:15

sgb69 wrote:
The main problem I've got with Trueborn is how very eggs in one basket they often end up.
3 Trueborn, 2 Splintercannons, no shard carbines. Their defensive tech is to bring fire magnets. It's the only trueborn loadout that isn't something another codex can do better. Just taking them as a worse Havoc or Vet squad kinda rustles my jimmies.

Yep , they are fire magnets after all even S4 shots can take out a Venom . So you really need to stay at 36" + night field.. even more important the 2SC are heavy so if you dont move you get 50% more shots . 3 TB in a venom can pump out 24 shots at 36" , = 16 hits . 2 of these will take down a riptide in 2 turns... ( 64 hits , 5.5 wounds )

or id run lances ,drop of the TB and be a gun boat .. you just dont want to get close..leave that for the 3 Wrack Venoms..
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better?   3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 22:57

Just to be different I use a squad of three Trueborn with two Dark Lances. Everyone seems to ignore them and they happily sit at 36" range popping away at high value stuff.
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better?   3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 11:11

Skyboard surfer wrote:
Just to be different I use a squad of three Trueborn with two Dark Lances. Everyone seems to ignore them and they happily sit at 36" range popping away at high value stuff.

Its not different its a great option ..can never have enough lances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better?   3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3x3 blasterborn or 2x4 blasterborn + 1x5 splinterborn- which is better?
Page 1 of 1