THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Starting Dark Eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scourge Master Ramza
Slave
Scourge Master Ramza

Starting Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 12:56

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to this forum so i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. So i have just bought a DE army and i am very excited to get playing with it. I have been lurking these forums for a few weeks now and I have to say that I love the DE community!

I have been playing 40k very casually since 5th ed but I am gearing up to start playing a lot more serious and the army I have chosen to take this adventure with is Darlk Eldar. I am not a great general at the moment mainly due to my lack of experience playing games but I am taking a leap of faith and I am going to play in my first tournament this year Smile

So I first got hooked on DE when I was looking at the GW website trying to pick my first army, I loved how sinister and dark they felt and how different they seemed to all the other armies out there, alas I couldn't get past some of the outdated models and ended up going with the Tau Empire. All through 5th ed the Dark Eldar never strayed too far from my thoughts and when I saw the new models and the new codex I was pretty excited! I got my hands on the codex and consumed every word and then the Dark kin stole a piece of my soul and I knew I would command an army of them one day.

Now that day has come and I am super pumped to learn this army and start(read try Razz) kicking butt and taking names. Now from what I have read the DE are a finesse army and generally win big or lose big. Now this is going to be tough for me because I am comfortable with weilding a blunt object not a scalpel so i hope I can learn form all the veteran Archons out there and try to do my Dark kin proud Smile

Thanks for reading my large post Very Happy

-SMR
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 15:01

Welcome to the TDC!
If you are going for tournaments, it would be a good idea to read through the tactica we have here (at the wiki), and I also want to suggest Plastikente's unit guide.
If you like scourges (your name implies yes), be sure to field them in some big tournament, I bet no one has ever seen them in those Wink

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
eeknight
Slave
eeknight

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 15:31

Welcome to the army that can bring the pain like no other.

Use our maneuverability and firepower to hit a section of his army as much of yours as possible, while staying out of range of a counterstroke, and you won't do too badly. Make sure you're using terrain to slow your opponent down and shield your units.

Get in a good Alpha strike at the beginning of the game (usually you'll want to start out with his longest-range stuff and work down), and use speed to claim/contest objectives at the end. We're not an army built for holding ground turn after turn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eeknight.com
Scourge Master Ramza
Slave
Scourge Master Ramza

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 12:20

Thanks for the welcome guys Smile I have read Plastikente's unit guide, it is amazingly helpful and informative! I must have read through it three times already!

I have my first game this weekend so I get to put my knowledge of the dark kin to the test. I can't wait!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting Dark Eldar   Starting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Port Of Lost Souls
-