THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wraithknight loadouts

Go down 
+6
Massaen
The_Burning_Eye
Evil Space Elves
Cavash
Shadows Revenge
MongooseDog
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

Wraithknight loadouts Empty
PostSubject: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 14:42

I know he will probably not be competative but in fun game he will be a blast to field. When you are just playing you friends how would you load him out?

Personally I would take suncannon/scattershield and add a scatter laser for TL suncannon.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 19:51

that is a good loadout.

Im also into the base loadout. Sure he doesn't have an invul, but being an MC all he has to do is touch area terrain and get a coversave.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 21:02

I think, for a fun game, I would go for what you suggested, Mongoose... that or the tank-length blade. Just painting that would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 21:14

As much as I like the glaive, I just can't wrap my head around losing out on one of the great ranged options. I like the Suncannon/Shield loadout, I like the stock loadout. I haven't decided what the rest of the army's comp will be. This will greatly effect which loadout I choose....or my dumb decision to buy TWO of them Mad
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 21:24

also the glaive is wasted on it because it is already S10... and the +1 S is so useless...
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 21:27

Shadows Revenge wrote:
also the glaive is wasted on it because it is already S10... and the +1 S is so useless...

Exactly. Is it master-crafted?(I'm at work, no codex in front of me Embarassed )

It does look cool as hell though Twisted Evil (Still not a reason to take it!)
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 23:53

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Shadows Revenge wrote:

Exactly. Is it master-crafted?(I'm at work, no codex in front of me Embarassed )

It does look cool as hell though Twisted Evil (Still not a reason to take it!)

Yes it is.

Think I'd be taking the sun cannon, plus two star cannons just for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 00:08

What would be the advantage with taking the 2nd starcannon? Overwatch fire? I hope that I'm not daft and missing something, but it can only fire 2 heavy weapons as a monstrous creature, right?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 08:25

You have a point, my rule-fu is hazy at best round monstrous creatures and needs work sadly.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 09:14

also you can only overwatch with 1 weapon anyway... regardless of MC status...
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 14:43

Massaen wrote:
also you can only overwatch with 1 weapon anyway... regardless of MC status...
Ah snap, good call. What would be the point of two HW's in addition to the primary Sun Cannon or Wraith Cannons then? (Besides looking swell? Razz )
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 14:48

That is why I would only take 1 SL. Lets you overwatch the SL and TL the Suncannon.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 15:02

An MC can only fire 1 weapon when firing overwatch? Where does it say that?
On a side note since the knight is an MC it won't have to take dangerous terrain tests when using its jump pack to land in terrain which is nice. MC's have move through cover
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 15:10

colinsherlow wrote:
An MC can only fire 1 weapon when firing overwatch? Where does it say that?

The ability to fire 2 weapons only applies to the shooting phase and therefore doesn't work for overwatch fire.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 15:50

Thanks Count!

MC's are not something that regularly use. So me charging 3 double dakka fexes wouldn't be as brutal. Still brutal though.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 15:51

A lot of people don't know about the rule and I'm not even sure that it's intentional on the part of GW but it is correct RAW.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 15:56

I knew how tau multi trackers worked right away. But I thought the MC rules just said that they can fire 2 weapon. Not two weapons in the shooting phase. I don't have a rulebook infront of me so no idea.
Back to top Go down
inorexia
Hellion
inorexia

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 16:53

I'm going to keep the wraith... lances, is it? Because I'm going to model it like an evil little revenant titan. Don't have the book yet (nor shall I for some time, there are downsides to living on a tropical island) - the secondary weapons are not compulsory I take it?

I like the idea of it model wise, fluff wise, and I think it will be good tactically having some heavy anti-tank on the table on a tough platform - especially since I don't use ravagers.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 00:34

I must say I enjoy the idea of running 3, all with either lances or the sword/shield and a pair of star cannons...
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 07:24

I enjoy the idea of being able to afford three, let alone run them. Sadly it is just that, an idea! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 07:37

From what I've read of early battle reports a good use of the wraith knight is deep striking it on the enemy's flank to box them in for the rest of your guys to pick apart. sun canon and scatter laser seems to be the preferred load out so far. It is early though so more play testing will show us the true shape of it.
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 15:14

Heck yeah. I minght have gotten something right!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight loadouts   Wraithknight loadouts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wraithknight loadouts
Page 1 of 1