THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DIY: Coven of the Shattered

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sedarofe
Hellion
Sedarofe

DIY: Coven of the Shattered Empty
PostSubject: DIY: Coven of the Shattered   DIY: Coven of the Shattered I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 05:00

Index Xenos: Coven of the Shattered

The origins of the Coven of the Shattered are lost in the fears and rumors spread amongst the lips in Commorragh. Some have said that the leader of the coven witnessed, if not aided in Abstrubal Vect’s ascension over the dark city, while others say he is a monster rejected from the darkness of the heart of the city, a being birthed by the madness of The Fall. Some whisper that the being is in fact a clone of Vect, Whatever the truth may be, it seems to matter not to him, after all, fear and uncertainty is a useful tool in itself.

Physical Characteristics:
Unlike most other Covens, the ranks of “wracks” are filled with menials who are barely more then sentient slavering drones. However, they seem quite keen on appeasing their peers. Most of these menials have a crooked posture and snarling disposition. They are usually wrapped in robes and garbs that have been leftovers. It is presumed the menials are results in horrid experiments on those who have been unlucky enough to raise the ire of their new master, or are perhaps instead scraps of individuals gathered from the dregs looking for a better lot in the bowels of Commorragh, but were foolish enough to sign their lives away.

Homeworld:
The Shattered do not have one mass spire like the other Covens, instead preferring to have several smaller holdings spread throughout the city. While this seems like it would weaken the Coven as a whole, they are still able to support each shard of their organization in force.

Master homunculus: Sedarofe

Often called the “Flayed-Father” by his orderlies, Sedarofe is a rather peculiar individual, even amongst the Dark Eldar. Were it not for his tell tale onyx flowing cloak leering demeanor, and reddish yellow irises, many would easily mistake him for just another individual in Commorragh. Namely this is due to the fact that unlike other Homunculus that hovers about, he effortlessly walks in a gliding fashion, rather viewing down those who tend to “show off” in his view.

It should also be noted he tends to carry a specific cane with him on his person. While the shafts may differ from time to time, the headpiece is always the same: a shined skull with a pair of large fangs. What significance this item truly has seems to only be known to Sedarofe himself.

Disclaimer:Should be noted while the character's name is the same as my forum's, I am NOT going to mary sue him. I will expand upon the coven and Sedarofe when I get time to.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

DIY: Coven of the Shattered Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY: Coven of the Shattered   DIY: Coven of the Shattered I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 08:54

Sedarofe wrote:
Unlike most other Covens, the ranks of “wracks” are filled with menials who are barely more then sentient slavering drones.
This goes against the Wrack's fluff in the codex. If you're going to deviate, provide more information. Tell us what sets your Wracks apart.

Sedarofe wrote:
They are usually wrapped in robes and garbs that have been leftovers.
Leftovers of what? You kind of left me hanging. Specifics are your friend.

Sedarofe wrote:
It is presumed the menials are results in horrid experiments on those who have been unlucky enough to raise the ire of their new master, or are perhaps instead scraps of individuals gathered from the dregs looking for a better lot in the bowels of Commorragh, but were foolish enough to sign their lives away.
Personally, this should be right after, "Unlike most other Covens, the ranks of “wracks” are filled with menials who are barely more then sentient slavering drones." It clears up my first suggestion.

Sedarofe wrote:
Were it not for his telltale onyx flowing cloak, leering demeanor, and reddish-yellow irises, many would easily mistake him for just another individual in Commorragh. Namely this is due to the fact that unlike other Haemonculi that hover about, he effortlessly walks in a gliding fashion, rather viewing down those who tend to “show off” in his view.
Fixes in red. How does he glide around? Does he use the little worm things like Urien? Or maybe some pimptastic hover-implant type device?

Sedarofe wrote:
It should also be noted he tends to carry a specific cane with him on his person. While the shafts may differ from time to time, the headpiece is always the same: a shined skull with a pair of large fangs. What significance this item truly has seems to only be known to Sedarofe himself.
I like this. I think, however, the visual should be constant instead of changing. Important characters in 40k have distinguishable wargear. For example, most people who know what the Talon of Horus looks like would be able to identify it on the battlefield/on your model. Give your own leader the same pizazz.

Good work so far. I look forward to more.

*EDIT*
This has been added to the Coven list.
Back to top Go down

DIY: Coven of the Shattered
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Kabals Of The Dark City
-
Jump to: