THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dmateja
Slave

2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game Empty
PostSubject: 2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game   2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 19:43

My friend and I are having a 2500 pt. game soon. He will most likely be playing CSM (no Helldrake). The theme of the army revolves around the Dark Eldar main force and a corrupted Farseer/Spiritseer that helps them fight. We play for fun so my aim with this post is for suggestions regarding list balance rather than a hard core build. So I am asking for comments regarding things like anti-tank vs. anti-infantry balance, synergy in units, etc... The list has 2 Primary and 2 Allied Detachments.

Archon w/ Agonizer, and Shadowfield = 110pts.

Haemonculus w/ Liq. gun and Ven. blade running with 4 Wracks w/ Acothyst, Ven. blade, in a Venom w/ Sp. Can=185 pts.

2x5 Wracks w/ Liq. gun in a Venom w/ Sp. Can.= 250 pts.

5 Wyches w/ haywire gren. in a Venom w/ Sp. Can.= 125 pts.

6 Reavers w/ 2 Clus. Cal. = 172 pts.

3 Ravagers = 315 pts.

Razorwing w/ Sp. Can. and Flickerfield = 165 pts.

Farseer

3 Jetbikes w/ Shur. Can. = 61 pts.

Spiritseer w/ 5 Wraithblades (axe & shield) in a Wave Serpent w/ Shur. Can., Scat. Las., and Holofield = 375 pts.

10 Wraithguard

5 Wraithblades w/ axe & shield

Wraithlord w/ flamers, scatter laser, and starcannon = 160 pts.

The Archon and Farseer will go with the Wraithguard and/or Wraithblades depending on the situation. So, any comments on balance and synergy and such are welcome. Does it look like fun to play against? Is it too tough for a friendly game, too weak? We only play about once a month so I don't have very much experience with the game. I have most units except for Talos, Beast pack, and the new Eldar flyer and Wraithknight so most any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Edit: Changed list a bit
Back to top Go down
dmateja
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game   2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 16:42

I changed the list around some. I took out the Incubi and have the Archon leading a group of Wraithblades now. It goes along with the theme of the Dark Eldar being in command of the Eldar underlings. I also focused more on Wraith units for the Eldar faction. This was my original idea but I was distracted by all the shiny new toys in the codex. Now the only dedicated anti-tank I have are the Ravagers and the Wych squad. Do you think this is enough? The Wraith units can also be conscripted to this role if necessary. Thanks for any input.
Back to top Go down
perhow
Hellion
perhow

PostSubject: Re: 2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game   2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 21:08

I always worry the wraithguard are too expensive and slow but if it's a fun game just see how it goes.
Isn't this too many wraithguard for an allied detachment though?
I'd recommend some more troops. Depends on scenario though.
Back to top Go down
Blutvogt
Hellion
Blutvogt

PostSubject: Re: 2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game   2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12 2013, 06:21

For the allied attachment he have to many HQ choices, he also have to many troup choices.
For the Dark Eldar part, he have to many heavy choices.The Archon is also not allowed to ride in the Wave Serpent if this was the plan.
Back to top Go down
dmateja
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game   2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12 2013, 15:16

The list is made up of 2 Primary and 2 Allied Detachments.  So there are 2 Heavy Support choices for each Primary detachment.  There are 1 HQ and 2 Troop choices for each Allied detachment.  There are a total of 8 Troop choices in the list.  The Wraithguard are definitely slow and expensive but I like the dead Eldar theme and I already have them painted(unfortunately need to rebase them now). 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game   2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2500 pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar friendly game
Page 1 of 1