THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Raider - Venom crew

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mirtos
Slave
Mirtos

Raider - Venom crew Empty
PostSubject: Raider - Venom crew   Raider - Venom crew I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 14:09

Question to all you conversion guys.

I've read that the extra guys (hunging kabalites of raider and wuches of venom) can be used as normal field troops).

So....I was wondering if you could post any pictures of these guys (and gals Razz ) and get some general ideas and probably extra bits I may need to use them as aditional troops aswell.

Thanks in advance for any comment or picture posted!

(sorry but because Im not nattive english if my question is not well putted and understood just tell me to reprhase it!! Embarassed )

IMHO this could be merged with this topic, but since You actually want pictures I leave it as separate thing.
L_O

Plato - Greek Philosopher (428 - 347 BC)
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Raider - Venom crew   Raider - Venom crew I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 14:31

I think that those additional Warriors can be used as... Scourges. Maybe Gunner and Driver could be used as Kabalites/Trueborn/Characters as well, but rest would require serious repositing to not look weird.

Wyches that stand on those wings looks like they may be actually just glued on "curved" (like with angled rock, bended steel plate, tree root or... Hellion skyboard for example) , while "gunner" (because I think it's stupid concept, IMHO double underside guns looks better) is 100% salvageable for leader. This standing pose is good for them.
Back to top Go down
Mirtos
Slave
Mirtos

PostSubject: Re: Raider - Venom crew   Raider - Venom crew I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 09:25

Thanks LO for the advice...As it seems from the other topic aswell repositioning is really hard so I will probably use hunging kabalites as test models for my paint scheme and leave gunner - driver for the end deciding if I will use them as crew or as extra soldielrs.

Cheers!! Wink

Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Raider - Venom crew   Raider - Venom crew I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 09:50

Here's some Wytches made from the Venom crew. I also have some Warriors made from the Raider crew, but down't have any pictures of them at hand. For the Warriors only had to put a small piece of sprue under their foor or bend and greenstuff one foot so that it wasn't pointing down. The Wytches required some more creative posing.
Raider - Venom crew Hpim0814

Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Raider - Venom crew   Raider - Venom crew I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 20:32

Another option at least related to the Venom Wyche crew is to just buy the legs as bitz via ebay and whala Wyche unit. They usually go anywhere from $1-4 for 10 pairs and a reliable seller sells them all day for $3.49 ATM. Its a cheap way to squeeze another Wyche unit out.

The Raider crew unfortunately doesn't present this option as the torso and legs are one piece. A few of them can be used as regular foot troopers well enough but the "hangers on" seem more akin to making casualty models.

"If 50 million people believe a foolish idea, it's still a foolish idea"
- unknown
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Raider - Venom crew   Raider - Venom crew I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2011, 17:01

"Voila".

Sorry, it kills me when people write "wa-lah" or something like that.

Here's a pic of my Trueborn made from Raider/Venom crew:
Raider - Venom crew Trueborn2011-06-12_23-12-57_415_Toronto

I'll post some finished version soon in my gallery thread.
Back to top Go down
Mirtos
Slave
Mirtos

PostSubject: Re: Raider - Venom crew   Raider - Venom crew I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2011, 19:36

Nice!! I'll keep an eye on your gallery for more all around pics of your trueborn!!

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Raider - Venom crew   Raider - Venom crew I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2011, 20:16

YEAH, FIGHT THE MACHINE!

...erm. Really nice Foo. It's funny that with little converting You can make LEGAL WYSIWYG Warrior unit. Hell, if You use DC bits, then You can give them even Blaster! And arm Subarite (how about Ago from barbed chains?). Raider kit is definetely good one.

Similar thing apply to Bloodbrides, tho You may have Shardnet IF you add multiple chains on Wych.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raider - Venom crew   Raider - Venom crew I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raider - Venom crew
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-