THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?

Go down 
+5
Brom
Darklight
shadowseercB
Mushkilla
Unit3571
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Unit3571
Slave

How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? Empty
PostSubject: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 20:34

Hello there citizens of the Dark City. I am trying to bump my DE up to 2k and I have a dilemma that is preventing me from buying the models I need. I have two questions.

1. Is a large amount of Ravagers and Raiders sufficient enough to solve all of your anti-tank problems in 2k or should I also consider units like Haywire Wyches in a Venom/Raider?
Reavers with Heat Lances?
Blasterborn in a Venom/Raider?
Scourges with Haywire Blasters?

2. If Ravagers and Raiders are enough, how many total Lances is enough?

I personally feel like Ravagers and Raiders are not enough. I WANT THEM TO BE because they are the most versatile choice and can lay down the firepower turn 1. But I feel like I should have something that can get in quick and is basically guaranteed to destroy a vehicle by itself (assuming it lives through the enemy shooting phase) whereas the Dark Lances are highly susceptible to luck. Will you great citizens please put my mind at rest by telling me that Ravagers are enough or tell me to take a few and invest the extra points in other forms of anti-tank?!
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 20:41

The link below might be helpful to you:

How many dark lances do I need, and what counts as a dark lance?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Unit3571
Slave

PostSubject: Re: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 23:29

Thanks mushkilla!
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 01:37

"So how many dark lances do you need?

More.

You need more."

Nice

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 06:23

shadowseercB wrote:
"So how many dark lances do you need?

More.

You need more."

Nice

This is... spot on :p

Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 15:12

Now that tau and eldar are resurging with their super resilient grav tanks id agree the answer is more than we used to need.
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 16:51

Wyches with Haywire Grenades are superb if you can get them close enough to charge.

It's a big "if" with their six-up bikini save though.

Slave
mikezealous

PostSubject: Re: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 06:55

Skyboard surfer wrote:
Wyches with Haywire Grenades are superb if you can get them close enough to charge.

Yea I second that, they do pretty ace as backup vehicle smashers when you absolutely gotta pop something big and boxy in one turn.

I routinely pop a buddies' Achilles landraider and parking lot with my yacht club Wyches while my lances help the splinter weapons attrit his marines by order of importance.

Honestly though, I think running a third Ravager might do the trick, or maybe ally in a Crimson Hunter Exarch with lances and pulse laser. Its fancy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 23:44

Haywire's are best used with scourge but even with that said I recommend blasters instead depending on your build.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
thejamppa
Hellion
thejamppa

PostSubject: Re: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 22:58

Skyboard surfer wrote:

Attack thru cover. Like Big Rule book says: Offensive grenades (plasma grenades in this case) grant stealth against shooting when attacking. This means if you attack thru 5+ cover with wyches they get much better 4+ cover saves than 6+ bikinis Very Happy

But Dark Lances are good. They have reach that blasters lack. Albeit heywire blaster, now that is intresting thing Very Happy

in here current Meta: 8 Dark Lances that I carry most of the time... it... manages but I should probably get few more. Now that we got new active tau in local meta.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 23:57

thejamppa wrote:
Offensive grenades (plasma grenades in this case) grant stealth against shooting when attacking.

Plasma grenades (offensive grenades) don't grant stealth. However defensive grenades do, and the phantasm grenade launcher (PGL) confers defensive grenades to the whole unit and therefore stealth (within 8"). The PGL is cheap on wyches too so is a good buy if you are already investing in a hekatrix. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow
Hellion
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow

PostSubject: Re: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 11:51

Deep strike Ravagers next to the big things, then send haywire wyches in venoms or raiders after the smaller things cruising up the board. The best way to avoid being shot down before reaching the smaller vehicles is rather simple, a very old, and still very useful tactic. Ambush. Hide them behind cover, then, when the vehicle is close enough, move 6", disembark 6" then assault. Usually they will then be shot down, so be prepared for that, try and hide them behind the wrecked vehicle, or, if you don't want to send the poor girls on a suicide mission, just take deep striking scourges with haywire blasters or heat lances (actually that's fairly suicidal as well XD ) or take reavers with heat lances.

Hope this helps Smile

Tournament Record:
5-1-3
1st place: 0
2nd place:2
3rd place:0
No place:1
Back to top Go down
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow
Hellion
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow

PostSubject: Re: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 11:51

Deep strike Ravagers next to the big things, then send haywire wyches in venoms or raiders after the smaller things cruising up the board. The best way to avoid being shot down before reaching the smaller vehicles is rather simple, a very old, and still very useful tactic. Ambush. Hide them behind cover, then, when the vehicle is close enough, move 6", disembark 6" then assault. Usually they will then be shot down, so be prepared for that, try and hide them behind the wrecked vehicle, or, if you don't want to send the poor girls on a suicide mission, just take deep striking scourges with haywire blasters or heat lances (actually that's fairly suicidal as well XD ) or take reavers with heat lances.

Hope this helps Smile

Tournament Record:
5-1-3
1st place: 0
2nd place:2
3rd place:0
No place:1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?   How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much anti-tank is necessary? Is it the right kind?
Page 1 of 1