THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?

Go down 
+6
Urien_Rakarth
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Radium
Raneth
SinisterPlank
Kinnay
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? Empty
PostSubject: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 08:54

I was just looking at the stats of the Incubi and the Harlequins when it occured to me that they are quite similar, with only Initiative and Leadership being different. As I don't really like the idea of Clowns of Death and Damnation, I thought to myself, "Why not represent the Harlequins with lightly armoured Incubi"?
There was a topic about 'male Bloodbrides' in this forum and it could be a way to represent them.

What do you think? Too much heresy?

SinisterPlank
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 10:43

Well, I've always been a big spokesman for the creative aspect of this hobby. If you think up your very own unit based of the harlequins, complete with converted models and fluff, then I'll applaud your creativity. "Count As" is one of my favourite rules.

I've understood you correctly, when I interpret this as you wanting to field a unit of Harlequins, without using the fluff behind the models, yes?
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 10:46

Correct, that is what I intend to do. Smile
It'll be a heavily converted unit, using the rules of the Harlequins, but with my own fluff and design for them.

And nice, I'm a big defender of counts-as, too! Gotta love creativity, huh? Smile

SinisterPlank
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 11:11

Creativity is the foundation of wargaming. Smile

I say, go for it, just be sure to clarify that they are Harlequins for mechanics purpouse, and to point out what represents the various weapon upgrades and whatnot.

Harlequins are a major frustration for me, personally, because the fluff doesn't sit right with me, really, neither does the mechanics of the unit, but those models are fantastic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 18:33

I too would like Harlies to 'fit' better, at least aesthetically. But you're gonna be hard-pressed to explain their lack of PfP from a fluff-wise perspective.

Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 21:50

As long as you go out of your way to convert something similar to Incubi but more dynamic it sounds like a great idea!

*EDIT* : by that I mean I don't think using regular Incubi as Harlies is a good idea, the models should differ enough from Incubi to ensure people don't instantly assume they're Incubi. Also: telling your opponent what's what before the game should these issues.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 05:29

Go for it.

This is a hobby. The GW IP, as extensive as it is, is a guideline. If your opponent is informed of what you are putting on the table and is fine with it, than you're good.

That said, I am very interested in the fluff you came up with. Care to share?

P.S.
Raneth wrote:
I too would like Harlies to 'fit' better, at least aesthetically. But you're gonna be hard-pressed to explain their lack of PfP from a fluff-wise perspective.
This is the best Dark Eldar Harlequin aesthetic I've seen yet:
'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? Harlequin_by_beckjann-d3axam2

Hellion
Urien_Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 20:18

I like it, maybe trim down the armour and I saw this guy on Dakka who had used scythes as Incubi basic weapon. As said, creativity is the main part of the hobby, so go for it. As above, I'd love some fluff.

'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? 24506'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? 24695 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? 25156
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination.

My
Soul
Trap Victims
Back to top Go down
http://warpstorm.webs.com
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 01:27

"Light" incubi are called striking scorpions.

My two souls worth, right there.
Back to top Go down
Despiciens
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 02:50

Xelkireth wrote:
"Light" incubi are called striking scorpions.

My two souls worth, right there.

HAHA that was a good one.

I think making "light incubi" models and using the harlequin rules sounds awesome mate and I can't wait to see your work.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 08:00

The beauty of the entire new DE range is that, just like the Orks, we can now do whatever we want and pretty much call it whatever we want. And it will still look good!

Go for it.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 08:58

Whilst I absolutely love the Harlequins, your idea is interesting. The thing is, I don't understand why you'd want to play Harlequins if you didn't like the models, they aren't particularly good in-game ^^;

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 17:38

I'll say it here again as well: Thank you for the many replies and the motivation, guys!

As for the fluff, I'm currently still working on it, so stay tuned! Once I have assembled enough models to properly start a project log, I'll gladly show you what I have envisioned for the 'Harlequins'. I'll soon enough write an article for my Kabal as well, explaining the fluff behind these and many other of my troops.
Thanks for the interest.

Anggul wrote:
Whilst I absolutely love the Harlequins, your idea is interesting. The thing is, I don't understand why you'd want to play Harlequins if you didn't like the models, they aren't particularly good in-game ^^;

Because I want to build at least a squad of any unit in the codex. Wink

Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 17:39

Kinnay wrote:
I'll say it here again as well: Thank you for the many replies and the motivation, guys!

As for the fluff, I'm currently still working on it, so stay tuned! Once I have assembled enough models to properly start a project log, I'll gladly show you what I have envisioned for the 'Harlequins'. I'll soon enough write an article for my Kabal as well, explaining the fluff behind these and many other of my troops.
Thanks for the interest.

Anggul wrote:

Because I want to build at least a squad of any unit in the codex. Wink

Haha, that doesn't count and you know it good sir ;D

Either way, ninja-incubi sound extremely cool Very Happy

They could be a really nice contrast to the heavily armoured samurai look of the usual Incubi, perhaps with jitte, sai and various other ninja-looking weaponry with a hi-tech look for the rending harlequin's kisses. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?   'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Light' Incubi? How far can you bend the fluff?
Page 1 of 1