THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wraithblades

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Wraithblades Empty
PostSubject: Wraithblades   Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09 2013, 10:47

Just been looking at the entry for the above, far as I can tell the ghost axe entry doesn't count as two close combat weapons, so would leave them with just the one attack, and two on the charge.

What do you reckon, am I reading it right?

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Wraithblades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithblades   Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09 2013, 11:14

Yes you are reading right.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

Wraithblades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithblades   Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10 2013, 05:17

yep. you're right.

To be honest, the one attack really makes them suck. Not worth taking if you asked me.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Wraithblades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithblades   Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10 2013, 12:18

Wraithguard with D-Scythes however are my new go-to for allies.

Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

Wraithblades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithblades   Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10 2013, 14:15

I was looking at the Wraithguard with D-Scythes and dont really understand why that would be chosen instead of the Wraithcannon.

As for Wraithblades I have 1 more unit and cant decide what to take. The Wraithguard seem to be more efficent (because the Eldar lack an assault vehicle for Wraithblade to climb out of.) Also I truly cant figure out what weapons to give them. The Wraithblades look SO COOL!. I wish you could have an assortment of weapons not just all choice a or b. Maybe in the Iyaden supplment there will be more rule adjustments on arming them?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Wraithblades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithblades   Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10 2013, 14:21

Ciirian wrote:
I was looking at the Wraithguard with D-Scythes and dont really understand why that would be chosen instead of the Wraithcannon.

Firstly, they ignore cover, secondly they have the potential to inflict many more hits than the wraithcannon and thirdly because I have fire dragons for anti-tank!

Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

Wraithblades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithblades   Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10 2013, 15:41

Maybe I just dont understand their rules from flipping through the codex well enough. Didnt really see their use when it was S4 compared to the Wraithcannon.

I am planning on using them in a Dark Eldar army which consists mostly of Wyches, Wracks, Scourges and figured the option with Wraithcannons would probably be the best choice for me.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Wraithblades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithblades   Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10 2013, 15:55

Ciirian wrote:
Maybe I just dont understand their rules from flipping through the codex well enough. Didnt really see their use when it was S4 compared to the Wraithcannon.

I am planning on using them in a Dark Eldar army which consists mostly of Wyches, Wracks, Scourges and figured the option with Wraithcannons would probably be the best choice for me.

They're used for different things though. Wraithcannon are AT whereas D-Scythes are AI.

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Wraithblades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithblades   Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10 2013, 16:29

And particularly useful against TEQ, being an AP2 weapon. Ideal for discouraging those terminators from charging, as a unit of five would, on average, almost completely wipe out a five strong terminator squad.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Wraithblades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithblades   Wraithblades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wraithblades
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions