THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Duke Sliscus Conversion

Go down 
+2
Archon_Demetrious
kiblams
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kiblams
Hellion
kiblams

Duke Sliscus Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10 2013, 19:39

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share and hear your thoughts on my Duke conversion, do you think I have done enough to represent him?

Thanks for watching/reading.

-Kiblams
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 09:20

I like him I made mines out of an archon and magnetized his arms with two venoms blades as well so I can change weaponry when I want him to b a normal archon ... I like your better tho lol... It's more dynamic an i love how you used the helmet blades piece on the shoulder pads
Back to top Go down
kiblams
Hellion
kiblams

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 10:36

Archon_Demetrious wrote:
I like him I made mines out of an archon and magnetized his arms with two venoms blades as well so I can change weaponry when I want him to b a normal archon ... I like your better tho lol... It's more dynamic an i love how you used the helmet blades piece on the shoulder pads

Magnets are always good! I am not a fan of the Finecast Archon model at all, far too static! Its a very simple conversion for my Duke, I think I will have to be clever with the painting to make him stand out on the table.

Many thanks for the compliments goo sir!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 11:16

Quite refreshing to see a video.

I like the conversion though I think it's calling out for a cape (take your pick out of any across the GW ranges). The legs work really well but I'd like to see a Kabalite tabard added. Maybe a back banner/trophy rack too?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
kiblams
Hellion
kiblams

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 21:08

Sky Serpent wrote:
Quite refreshing to see a video.

I like the conversion though I think it's calling out for a cape (take your pick out of any across the GW ranges). The legs work really well but I'd like to see a Kabalite tabard added. Maybe a back banner/trophy rack too?

Cheers Serpent! I have taken what you have said and have made a few ammendments to the Duke, here are a few quick photos:

Duke Sliscus Conversion Duke_front

Duke Sliscus Conversion Duke_back

It is basically the Blast pistol is moved down and a double trophie rack has been added to the back (these are spares from the Venom kit) Let me know what you think, I am happy with how the rack has made the model stand out amongst the troops.

Thanks for the comments guys!
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 21:29

Looks great even without that cloak ^^
Combination of wych and warrior pieces and then those blades and racks make him rather unique.
Would love to see him painted. *hint hint*

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
kiblams
Hellion
kiblams

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 22:25

Mngwa wrote:
Looks great even without that cloak ^^
Combination of wych and warrior  pieces and then those blades and racks make him rather unique.
Would love to see him painted. *hint hint*

I will get on with painting him this week, need to get him along with some new Wyches primed first.

Here is a quick video of him before I move on to the painting:

Thanks for your comments
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 23:51

It is a Clawed Fiend skull Razz

Cool seeing some updates, looking forward to seeing it painted.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Blackcat69
Slave
Blackcat69

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 13:14

Nice! Grate video Smile Love the model
Back to top Go down
kiblams
Hellion
kiblams

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 13:29

Sky Serpent wrote:
It is a Clawed Fiend skull Razz

Cool seeing some updates, looking forward to seeing it painted.

Oops! Embarassed Showing my inexperience with the DE there... I will post another video once he is up to tabletop standard and then hopefully one with the full detail.

Blackcat69 wrote:
Nice! Grate video :)Love the model

Many thanks! I try to keep the videos simple, though I cen ramble on sometimes... Laughing

Back to top Go down
kiblams
Hellion
kiblams

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 20:59

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update on the model:

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Blackcat69
Slave
Blackcat69

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 21:25

looking good Smile
Back to top Go down
kiblams
Hellion
kiblams

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 22:32

Blackcat69 wrote:
looking good Smile
Thanks! I hope to make this my first fully completed model, the rest generally get to this stage and I move on to get the whole army looking the same... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 05:17

Lol it's cool kiblams I still have to finish my raiders and thanks for the conversion tips even tho I magnetized the sides of the dl/DC sponons lol... And I love the colors it very amazing what these new washes can do
Back to top Go down
kiblams
Hellion
kiblams

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 08:25

Archon_Demetrious wrote:
Lol it's cool kiblams I still have to finish my raiders and thanks for the conversion tips even tho I magnetized the sides of the dl/DC sponons lol... And I love the colors it very amazing what these new washes can do

Cheers, glad to be of help!

Here is the last video for this guy as I think he is pretty much finished now:

Thanks again fro all the nice comments! it really helps to keep me going!
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 23:55

He's looking awesome dude!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Blackcat69
Slave
Blackcat69

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23 2013, 23:17

Nice one dude Smile
Back to top Go down
kiblams
Hellion
kiblams

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 12:01

Thanks guys, I am pretty happy with how I have him now.

Last edited by kiblams on Tue Jun 25 2013, 12:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 16:14

Tres bon! Further than my painting talents an go. Razz

Woohoo for fellow colourblindness! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 17:17

https://servimg.com/view/18348837/10

This is my duke sliscus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus Conversion   Duke Sliscus Conversion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke Sliscus Conversion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: