THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wraithguard count as

Go down 
+3
Ciirian
Massaen
Gherma
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

Wraithguard count as Empty
PostSubject: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10 2013, 20:24

Hi guys! With the exit of the new Codex: Eldar, like many others, I've started evaluating the idea of some allies that could bring different skills to my army. The idea, modelling wise, is not to simply add some eldars, but to create some "new dark eldar units" that can be good "count as" for the eldar units.
Do that is very simple for the most units, but it's not the same for the wraithguards. So, after a lot of thinking, I've had an idea: I can represent wraithguard with a squad of heavy armoured sslyth with some sort of new void weapon.
This idea give me even the possibility to use and customize the sslyth model, that i've always find so beautiful as unuserful.

What do you think? This can be a good and funny idea or it's only a stupid thing?

Comment and suggestions are welcome!
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 00:46

I have a sslyth here in parts... And will be picking up new WG in the next week or so... I can show you a size comparison and even look at kit bash options for you when I do. Neat idea!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 02:09

I personally think that that would be awesome. I love the concept of the Ssylth and wish they could be their own unit.
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 14:33

Proud you like my idea!

@Massaen: A comparison could be very userful. Looking from pictures I think that sslyths and wraiths have about the same wide, but the seconds are a little bit taller.

If I will do this conversion there will be another problem however: what to use to represent the spiritseer (haemounculus? medusae?) and the wave serpent (a heavy armoured rider? modify a real wave serpent that personally I found horrible?) that go with the "sslyth-wraiths"?
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 15:06

I'd say medusae for s'seer (I mean, just look at that brain!). Just fix a staff of some kind for it.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior
Trystis

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12 2013, 13:41

Another possibility is to use the Lhamaean as a stand in, but I think the Medusae would be a better fit. I think it it would be best to convert a real wave serpent so that it easy for people to understand what it is. I also think that it has a similar enough design to venoms and razorwings that once its painted in your colors it will fit in.

This is a great idea by the way. I kinda want to steal it.

Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12 2013, 14:45

Feel free to steal it! Wink

Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14 2013, 17:43

Please take pictures when you make it, would love to see how it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14 2013, 19:42

I'll do for sure, but you have to wait a bit... I have a lot of thing to paint before starting this project XD

perhow
Hellion
perhow

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14 2013, 19:54

Great idea, the only issue being there's only one Sslyth model..and it's finecast.. boo..

Slightly off topic but a Super Scourge as a Baharroth, with some Scourge Swooping Hawks.. Yes!
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14 2013, 22:26

Yes one model and in finecast... but with some warriors arm and a little bit of green stuff they can be very different one from another. The bggest problem is that they are probably not tall like a wraith... the new models seems to me so much bigger than the old ones.

inorexia
Hellion
inorexia

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15 2013, 17:19

I love these kind of ideas... What with battle brothers, I'm looking at the Eldar codex as a DE expansion!

Got my titan, a new fighter, some snipers... ooh la la

Oh, and I think I might try to use the wraithguard kit as dark-eldar-style heavy armour, a little down the line. Don't know how much work that will need, though - the legs will need some tweaking.

4a. Please refrain from double posting. You may "bump" a post every 48hrs if you feel you are not getting responses. Double posts in project logs are acceptable. /Your friendly mod SS

Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 04:20

inorexia wrote:
I love these kind of ideas... What with battle brothers, I'm looking at the Eldar codex as a DE expansion!

I am looking at it exactly the same way!
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 20:55

@Massaen: Have you buy the new wraithguards? I'm waiting your pictures to see if the height difference is too much XD

Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21 2013, 01:02

I have gotten the new Wraithguards, they are bigger then a Ssylth, but I dont see as a reason to discourge you
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21 2013, 09:42

Can you post a comparison photo? My trouble is that this conversion is not so cheap (13-15€ per sslyth) and if there is a big difference in the height of the sslyth and the wraithguard, the conversion could not be accepted in a tournament... and this is not a good thing XD

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard count as   Wraithguard count as I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wraithguard count as
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: