THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 - With new Eldar buddies

Go down 
+2
Brom
Smurfy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Smurfy
Kabalite Warrior
Smurfy

1850 - With new Eldar buddies Empty
PostSubject: 1850 - With new Eldar buddies   1850 - With new Eldar buddies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 03:32

HQ] Haemonculus -50 (Warlord)

TR] 3 Wracks -30
Transport] Venom: 2 Splinter Cannons -65
TR] 3 Wracks -30
TR] 3 Wracks -30
TR] 3 Wracks -30

FST] 3 Beastmasters, 4 Razorwing Flocks, 5 Khymerae -156
FST] 3 Beastmasters, 4 Razorwing Flocks, 5 Khymerae -156

HVY] Ravager -105
HVY] Ravager -105

Allied Eldar Detachment:

HQ] Farseer -100

EL] 5 Fire Dragons -110
Transport] Wave Serpent: TL Scatter Laser -120

TR] 5 Dire Avengers -65
TR] 3 Windrider Jetbikes -51

FST] 6 Swooping Hawks -96

HVY] 3 Dark Reapers w/ Starshot Missiles -114

-1850/1850-

This is roughly Mk 6, playtesting still and variations being made, most if not all the Eldar choices are made around providing a possible decent Anti-Air option. (And the Jetbikes just doing what they always do.

Will share more as this list evolves, the Warlord sucks, I concur, thinking about Lady Malys if I can cram her in.

Farseer generally joins a Beast unit as you can easily stretch it around with her in it. You want to stretch these unit's coherency anyway, right? Wink

Anyways posting it for some back n' forth see if you guys have any novel ideas.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - With new Eldar buddies   1850 - With new Eldar buddies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 06:10

I dig the DE shell especially FA and HS, although I would value the 3rd ravager above the 3rd serpent. Eldar section also looks good with some fun but still effective inclusions such as the hawks. I say fun because they are anti infantry which we have in spades although no cover is excellent against many fire base units.

For novel ideas try putting the reapers on an icarus LC with fastshot. Away from my dex but iirc you will get 2 cover ignoring Las shots with skyfire..
Back to top Go down
Smurfy
Kabalite Warrior
Smurfy

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - With new Eldar buddies   1850 - With new Eldar buddies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 08:45

Why Ravager over a Serpent? Serpent does what the DE need most - S7 firepower and anti-air capabilities.

Hawks are both anti-infantry and anti-tank with Grenade Packs, Lasblasters, and Haywire Grenades.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - With new Eldar buddies   1850 - With new Eldar buddies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 12:05

Hawks want to dance at 24" range using battle focus though, T3 4+ is going to make it risky to close with those haywire grenades. I guess your opponent has more important things to worry about like beasts. Also one casualty and those hawk grenadepacks lose their large blast.

Personally 20 scoring models seems a bit low for 1850 points.

Your warlord seems like easy VPs seeing as he doesn't really have anywhere to hide outside the wrack squads, as he would slow the beasts down. Not to mention no one seems to benefit from the pain token he brings.

Other then that it looks like a fun list to play. I'm curious to see how it works out.

Hope that helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - With new Eldar buddies   1850 - With new Eldar buddies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 19:55

Quote :
Why Ravager over a Serpent? Serpent does what the DE need most - S7 firepower and anti-air capabilities.
The random d6+1 S7 vs. always 3 S8 ap2 lance for 15 pts cheaper makes me think id still prefer to max ravagers first. That said its all theory since I havent used the serpents.

Fair enough on the AA point although personally I usually dont throw shots at aircraft anyway. My wolves army has tons of twin linked asscans and potentially double TL long fangs + CML wgpl but even then the amount of firepower necessary is often too much committment to maybe only kill one to two models when the smoke clears so I try to avoid doing that.

Back to top Go down
Smurfy
Kabalite Warrior
Smurfy

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - With new Eldar buddies   1850 - With new Eldar buddies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 22:18

SW have to fear the same thing I do in Heldrakes, but I am amending the list a bit, just donno how quite yet.
Back to top Go down
Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - With new Eldar buddies   1850 - With new Eldar buddies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 22:59

Nice list. Lots of threats. plenty of options to take on infantry, tanks and flyers.

The haemi unlocks wracks as troops, obviously, but doesn't do much else. The farseer doesn't have a great deal of options for units to join. Joining the beasts seems quite awkward. If you beefed up one of your troop choices, like the bikes, or added some defenders/rangers/DE warriors, he could go with them instead. I assume he will guide the ravagers?

I might be tempted to switch the dark reapers for war walkers - another unit that can benefit greatly from guide, and can still threaten flyers plus a whole lot more besides.
Back to top Go down
Smurfy
Kabalite Warrior
Smurfy

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - With new Eldar buddies   1850 - With new Eldar buddies I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12 2013, 04:00

While I'm still working on the above, this new list is what I have currently and brings a surprise.

HQ] Haemonculus: Liquifier Gun -60

EL] 8 Mandrakes incl Nightfiend -130

TR] 3 Wracks -30
TR] 3 Wracks -30
TR] 9 Kabalite Warriors: 8 Splinter Rifles, 1 Blaster -96
Transport] Raider: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies -65

FST] 2 Beastmasters, 4 Razorwing Flocks -84
FST] 2 Beastmasters, 4 Razorwing Flocks -84
FST] 6 Reavers: 2 Heat Lances -156

HVY] Ravager -105
HVY] Ravager -105

Allied Eldar Detachment:

HQ] Spiritseer: Faolchu's Wing -100

EL] 5 Fire Dragons -110

TR] 5 Dire Avengers -65
TR] 3 Windrider Jetbikes -51

FST] 6 Swooping Hawks -96

HVY] Vaul's Wrath Support Battery: 2 D-Cannons -110

Plan on playing this this week at the local store.
Back to top Go down
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - With new Eldar buddies   1850 - With new Eldar buddies I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 14:53

Smurfy wrote:

Hey guys, I'm very curious about this list.  Can someone explain the anti-air the Eldar are providing?  There is no skyfire, so by anti-air do you mean weight of dice to hit 6s?  I feel I am missing something here.
Back to top Go down
Laetur
Slave
Laetur

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - With new Eldar buddies   1850 - With new Eldar buddies I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 15:50

First off the weapons of a Serpent are Twin-Linked. So instead of 16,66% chance to score a hit you have a 30,55% chance to score a hit against flyer. Second you have the S7 Serpent Shield which shoots D6+1 times. So 4,5 in average. 4,5 S7 shoots means 0,75 hits against flyers in average.
Doesn't seem like a good anti-air unit for me too Smile
Crimson Hunter (2,66 S8 hits/3,33 S8 hits) or Aegis (3,55 S7 hits/3,88 S7 hits) would do a far better job as Serpents. But maybe the mass of Serpents in a Full-Mech Eldar list will do it.
By the way: A Ravager will do 0,5 hits with his lances against flyers...

About the list: I wouldn't take Mandraks. You start with the Haemonculus in your Kabalite Warriors and then jump with him into the infiltrated Mandraks? So you have 2 units that would benefit from the Pain Token, but only one to spend...
Also the Beasts are quite vulnerable against S6 shooting. You may shield the Razorwing-Flocks with your Beastmaster, but if those die you don't have any chance to pass your LD test and if you don't shield them any S6+ shooting will instant death one flock. If you want to field them, why not a bigger unit with Baron in it? They lack grenades anyway.

Greetz, Laetur
Back to top Go down
Smurfy
Kabalite Warrior
Smurfy

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - With new Eldar buddies   1850 - With new Eldar buddies I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 19:36

Huh?

- Wave Serpents are actually pretty dandy anti flyer, remember the Shield will be linked too and against the shield the Flyer gets no Jink saves. It's not as good as a Hunter, but then again, in my experience so far, the Hunter is mono-role and hopes it's target comes on before it does. If you can suggest another anti-flyer that doesn't suck if it has to come on first AND has another role, let me know though.

- Where did I say the Haemonculus starts with the Warriors? He starts with the Spiritseer in the Mandrakes and intends to remain there for 2+ Cover Saves and FNP on the reasonably cheap. Add in with 2 Pain Tokens the unit has Furious Charge and therefore S5 possibly S6 with some psychic power luck and it's pretty win, I like to think. I don't think you understood that I -DO NOT- infiltrate the Mandrakes so that this is possible.

- Razorwing Flocks are shock units, I love if you aim big guns their way when there are tanks that should actually attract them. But if I NEED them, they are easily hid. I'm not invalidating what you're saying, I regularly do 2 larger beast packs (and one with Baron so that they have Grenades if they really do need them) but generally, you don't? (Because one unit you charge can probably down 1 Flock if you down the opposing unit to say...5 Marines or 5 Wychs or 5 what ever you want to use a reasonable example of (Terminators, for example, would not be reasonable)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - With new Eldar buddies   1850 - With new Eldar buddies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 - With new Eldar buddies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: