THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Death Korps of Krieg

Go down 
+3
Axel115
Shadows Revenge
tlronin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tlronin
Wych

Death Korps of Krieg Empty
PostSubject: Death Korps of Krieg   Death Korps of Krieg I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11 2013, 14:44

Never seen DKoK on the tabletop yet and I'm fighting them thursday for the 1st time.

It's 1500 pts. On a 4x6 table. I don't have any coven stuff (yet).

Any advice for me?

Thanks in advance for helping me.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Death Korps of Krieg   Death Korps of Krieg I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12 2013, 14:37

First off is he actually using the DKoK list, or just the IG army book for them??? If its just the IG army book, then they are like any other guard army.

If they are using the DKoK army list. Then your in for a treat. Their best thing is the loads of artillery they can bring. Its actually interesting how much they can field. They also get some buffs to it as well (like a warlord traiting giving one arty piece twin linked).

The other variant is normally a ton of foot troops slogging across. These are the ones that normally have their special rough rider units... which tbh you shouldnt worry about. They really arent that good to begin with. Treat it as you would any horde army.

My one thing I would say be careful of is the Hades Breaching Drill... Learn it, Study it, Fear it...
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Death Korps of Krieg   Death Korps of Krieg I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12 2013, 14:58

Yeah it's a DkoK army book from FW.

Don't know if he' ll go the artillery route or the troops slogging route though.

If it's the artillery route I'll have to get 'm quickly in CC I guess. If it's foot slogging I' ll pepper him with poison.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Death Korps of Krieg   Death Korps of Krieg I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12 2013, 15:52

dont think that these two are the only build options though. Their army list does have all the options of a basic Guard Codex. So he can do mech guard just like the rest of them. The difference is really a cheaper arty and his rules push towards those two types of builds.
Back to top Go down
Axel115
Hellion
Axel115

PostSubject: Re: Death Korps of Krieg   Death Korps of Krieg I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12 2013, 16:38

Shadows Revenge wrote:
My one thing I would say be careful of is the Hades Breaching Drill... Learn it, Study it, Fear it...

*Shudder*

followed by their engineer squad the next turn
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Death Korps of Krieg   Death Korps of Krieg I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 06:44

I am facing them in a league soon aswell. I am familiar with IG and how poor we match up against them, but I know this player isnt really, ehm how to put it... good.

I also know he will play this Hades Breaching Drill stuff. He also shoots a blast that covers half the table. I am actually considering Eldar Allied to get the Wraithknight. I just dont think my venomspam for once will do crap against it. And yes we can change lists in the league.

Just to ask, how does stuff like; Reaver Jetbikes hold up against them?
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Death Korps of Krieg   Death Korps of Krieg I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 07:14

And maybe a short description of that Hades Breaching Dril. What is so fearfull about it? And the engineer squad? What do they do?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Death Korps of Krieg   Death Korps of Krieg I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 07:36

Familiarise yourself with this.

The hades breaching drill is a troop option,  a small AV11 tank (tinny), it can tank shock, it can trash vehicles with it's S10 melta ram, has a 12" range S8 AP1 melta blast weapon, and it has to deepstrike. When it does deepstrike it drops a S10 AP1 melta large blast that destroys terrain (also anything it lands on when deepstriking moves 1" away (so it can't mishap unless it rolls off the board). The next turn any engineer squad attached to the drill (like IG vets) comes out of the hole it left behind and can move, shoot and assault. All for 50pts. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Death Korps of Krieg   Death Korps of Krieg I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 08:02

ShockedNeutralSad
Back to top Go down
Zanais
Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

PostSubject: Re: Death Korps of Krieg   Death Korps of Krieg I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 14:25

IA 12 gave Dkok a new army, changed a lot about units etc. if he sticks with regular DkoK than its like worse IG. No fliers, no vets, no chimeras. Don't be afraid so much of Hades, its still only 1-2 shots which you can just cover or flickerfield save. Just try to not stick together. Artillery dies to poison, for me, most problem was HWSes with multiple autocannonsbut I still think that beside hades, DkoK has nothing outstanding.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Death Korps of Krieg   Death Korps of Krieg I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 15:11

*just read the FW sheets* 120", S10, AP1, barrage/ordnance? Shocked

Well... After 2night I can tell you guys how I did. Oh my...

Update:

Well, I lost. Combination of not knowing the army and being too intimidated by the sheer number of blasts the guy was throwing on the table. Plus he stole initiative and I deployed very aggresively (Hammer and Anvil so everything 12" from the center on a straight line ready to take The Relic).  With some stuff he didn't even need LOS. Was able to place 3 (I think) large blasts in a row. Barrage. So no coversaves. As you maybe can tell, i'm not happy right now. Have to think about what happened exactly...
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Death Korps of Krieg   Death Korps of Krieg I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 08:08

a death korp artillery list is rather disgusting especially us with no saves,

i have a friend who runs one occasionally, he feels bad after using it and rightly so, important things: Quad guns are heavy 4 blast in squadrons of up to 3, earthshaker cannons its a basilisk with guard standing in front of it as cover, the breaching drill has been covered. the guardsmen themselves are ws4 and stubborn so they dont really run away even when you get them into combat they will just charge more bodies into your troops to slow them up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Korps of Krieg   Death Korps of Krieg I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Korps of Krieg
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-