THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts

Go down 
+9
Squierboy
LordSqueak
Zanais
Thieron
Bibitybopitybacon
Nappen
Brom
kiblams
Mushkilla
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brom
Wych

BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts   BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 01:09

The solitaire definitely has potential, it was a series of events that will likely never occur again.

On serpents fair enough im not second guessing your decisions just curious. Both approaches are valid although I tend to lean more towards the offensive output side and use protection more for when the tank has something worth delivering like dragons etc or simply for surviving their first turn if going second. That said the way your luck was going your lasers would probably have suffered overheat.

Now... how about a rematch? Same armies same players!
Back to top Go down
Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

PostSubject: Re: BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts   BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 18:41

Mushkilla wrote:
But would being in the open have been such a problem?
Maybe not, but 2 turns in combat after a charge is the perfect result. No risk at all of being shot up.

Mushkilla wrote:
It was fine because I went first, but I am not sure how healthy things would have looked had I gone second. That's my concern.
Yes, Shadows may have risked letting rip with the serpent shields to get an alpha strike. But you would have deployed much further back and a lot of stuff like shuri cannons could have ended up out of range, combined with night fight it wouldn't have been that bad.

Mushkilla wrote:
I think the problem with heatlances, is the loss of 9" of effective range means things can run away from you.
True in a 1v1 situation, but in 40k there's usually something else that can take advantage of such attempts to neutralise the reavers - or they can just pick a different target. I only run one reaver squad, and so they aren't quite as vital to my game plan as yours are. For example, if i use them to blow up a transport (which they have a very good chance of doing when in melta range), I'll have a ton of splinter fire ready to take care of the passengers so they can't counterattack my reavers. They are better vs flyers too - that jammy 6 to hit could be the only one you'll need to spoil that annoying flyboy's day. Anyway, you're probably right to look elsewhere for extra AT with your list's current incarnation, i just mentioned the HL for completeness.

Oh, and I'm sorry but I think you got the Autarch's weapon wrong again! He's carrying a laser lance, right?Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts   BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 22:46

Squierboy wrote:
True in a 1v1 situation, but in 40k there's usually something else that can take advantage of such attempts to neutralise the reavers - or they can just pick a different target. I only run one reaver squad, and so they aren't quite as vital to my game plan as yours are.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of a "Reavers vs The entire enemy army" situation. Healtances are more likely to leave you in a situation where more things can shoot you. And like you said the reavers are vital to my game plan so survivability is more important than offensive capability in this case (or at least that's my reasoning).

Squierboy wrote:
Oh, and I'm sorry but I think you got the Autarch's weapon wrong again! He's carrying a laser lance, right?Laughing

No it was a fusion gun, I just forgot to list is in his gear (silly me). Razz

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts   BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 23:02

Just laughed at the prisms' behavoir. That's the reason why i use NS's instead - too many situations where my beloved Ravagers failed to do any damage, and they've got THRICE amount of shots!

On the other side, saw a guy with single fire prism which never misses. And never failed to wreck LR/AnniBarge or even StormRaven in the first shot it landed on big boxie. That's orky luck men. But i'd stay with certainity, and Night Spinners' "no-cover-autohit S8" is almost universally better against light vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts   BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 08:51

Shadow, I have to know. That wild night you had with the dice God's daughter.... was it worth it? Lol
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts   BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 16:12

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
Shadow,  I have to know. That wild night you had with the dice God's daughter.... was it worth it? Lol

Meh... Im still 50/50 on whether it was or not Wink

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts   BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05 2013, 21:51

Im trying to copy your list for this game. Is that 9 reavers + 1 arena champion in each unit?

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts   BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05 2013, 22:48

No its 9 reavers with one upgraded to an arena champion (so 9 models in total). Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts   BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 15:44

Mushkilla wrote:
Thanks everyone.

Nappen wrote:
off topic question-how did you make the models for the units?

It's using a program called Vassal, with a 40k module, it's really good for writing reports (but a bit fiddly at times) a quick web search will find it.

So no more Battle Choniceler?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts   BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 16:14

Nappen wrote:
So no more Battle Choniceler?

My laptop runs linux, and vassal runs on linux whereas battle chronicler doesn't (that's the main reason I changed despite vassal taking a lot longer to make reports with). At the end of the day being able to write these things up on my laptop is so much more practical for me. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts   BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 17:59

Ah, so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts   BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BR26: The Black Buzzards VS Eldar Mech - 1500pts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2