THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help with my Hellion Gang :P

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Help with my Hellion Gang :P Empty
PostSubject: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 04:36

So I want to do a Gang, but I also want all hellions Razz so what I want to do is order a bunch of extra skyboards, use atleast 1 squad of hellions and baron in every game and blah blah blah.

Well, in order to stay with the theme I figured my warriors and trueborn and transports.. and ravagers.... could have skyboards set up to look like they are attatched to their backs or being held up by a hand, thoughts ???
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 08:16

Cool idea! Since they are gangers, maybe you want to skip kabalite models? All wych/hellion models, that way they don't really need to carry around skyboards to feel like hellion gangers.

Otherwise you could consider cutting the skyboards in half or something and use some GS or hide the cut. Put these half skyboards on their backs or in some kind of bag holstered etc. I assume that the skyboards can be folded/closed or whatever for the purpose of being portable when not in use? This should save your costs and the need for skyboards Razz

Maybe even use plasticardand cut your own custom skyboards that look less advanced tech (or more advanced and thus thinner or smaller)?

OR! Imagine your gangers use the skyboards as shields when they don't ride em. Skyboards that turns into shields, now that's something we should get to our new dex!

edited

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 10:05

Great idea. I think it a tad unlikely that they would carry the board - althought he folding board is a interesting idea, maybe like planes on an aircraft carrier witht the wings together? You could rack some boards on a raider so it looks like they are carried when a foot assault is called for or go completely bonkers and have some tethered and floating behind a raider or venom although transporting it might be a nightmare! Horse mounted dragoons used to have a horse holder when they dismounted to fight so you could model a few figures guarding a pile of boards or again they could tow them...

However you go, good luck with it and please post some pics.

Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 10:59

Skyboard surfer wrote:
Great idea. I think it a tad unlikely that they would carry the board

I just had a look at the skyboards and quickly realized they're bigger and clumsier than I thought, so carrying those things aren't an option...

But I don't think you should let that stop you Alino. You could make count-as skyboards that is alot thinner/smaller and compact, it's 40k and I believe DEs got the tech to make more slim and compact skyboards and foldable. The current models are simply because of modelling choice I believe and does not need to be modelled exactly like GWs. As long as the model don't differ too much in size and height etc it shouldn't be a problem. I'm at work now but if I get a chance at home I'll draw some of my skyboard ideas that I'ld use as count-as for hellions on board and hellions off board (carrying it as a backpack or holding/use as shield).

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 04:11

wow, thanks for the ideas, I like the foldable backpacks and shields ideas, same with the raider and skyboard side mounted ideas Smile will
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 09:05

Lord_Alino wrote:
wow, thanks for the ideas, I like the foldable  backpacks and shields ideas, same with the raider and skyboard side mounted ideas :)will

I'm sorry, I won't be drawing anything. I realized I'm a bad sketcher Sad

Good luck though and post pics!

Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 11:05

Another idea : Aegis barriers made of skyboards, stuck into the ground , with surrounding electromagnectic field ?

Last edited by LSK on Tue Jun 18 2013, 12:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar !)
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 12:19

LSK wrote:
Another idea : Aegis barriers made of skyboards, sticked into the ground , with surrounding electromagnectic field ?

Very true Very Happy! With this pace, we could turn the skyboards into anything! Want bladevanes/chained snares on your raiders? Stick skyboards on em!

Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 12:42

On the raider, you can also use the skyboards as side shields that can be seen on old school drakkars.
dark eldars are raiders, aren't they ?

Help with my Hellion Gang :P 8914588-l-39-image-d-39-une-gravure-sur-bois-en-drakkar-viking-sur-l-39-ocean
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 14:49

Incidentally I like the viking theme, my Ravager has a dragon's head mounted on the bow

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 17:43

Skyboard surfer wrote:
Incidentally I like the viking theme, my Ravager has a dragon's head mounted on the bow

Yes, all of my boats have dragon's heads too, inspired in part by Viking ships. I do like the idea of skyboards mounted along the side like shields, but it would not be too convenient to get them in a hurry.

This would take a bit of work, but you could have a vertical rack on your Raider with the boards stacked up horizontally in it, and a catapult frame sticking out from the front of the rack (and the whole apparatus could pivot).  So, one board would slide forward from the bottom of the pile, a ganger steps onto it, and .................... Very Happy:D

Help with my Hellion Gang :P Ae47

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 18:16

[quote="Gobsmakked"]
Skyboard surfer wrote:

This would take a bit of work, but you could have a vertical rack on your Raider with the boards stacked up horizontally in it, and a catapult frame sticking out from the front of the rack (and the whole apparatus could pivot).  So, one board would slide forward from the bottom of the pile, a ganger steps onto it, and .................... Very Happy:D

Help with my Hellion Gang :P Ae47

"Ready ammunition! In place! Fire!"

*Seconds later, SPLAT!*

Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 20:40

Nice CAM pic Very Happy

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21 2013, 07:10

lol.... soon.... we can claim us a fortress of redemption by parking skyboards all over it Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with my Hellion Gang :P   Help with my Hellion Gang :P I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with my Hellion Gang :P
Page 1 of 1