THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Menage a Trois Wyches, Bloodbrides, Incubi

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ichiyo1821
Slave

Menage a Trois Wyches, Bloodbrides, Incubi Empty
PostSubject: Menage a Trois Wyches, Bloodbrides, Incubi   Menage a Trois Wyches, Bloodbrides, Incubi I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 07:39

I am currently trying to come up with a CC Deldar with only Trueborns with Blasters, Tri-Ravagers, Haywire Grenades and Raider Lances for AT. Now I have trouble deciding which combination of units among the three, Wyches(well mandatory), Incubi and Bloodbrides work best in a TAC list. The only HQs I am considering are Vect, Lelith, the Duke and Haemonculus. I've tried the math-hammer approach and its obvious that Incubi obliterates MEQ while Bloodbrides do better against horde armies but how they behave on the table top is quite different from just calculating numbers and stats.

Things I've noticed.

Incubi have no Combat drugs so they lose a bit when taking Duke Sliscus

Incubi eat Marines for breakfast but if I kill them too fast, they'll be shot at by everything else on the table.

Wyches can deal a LOT of attacks but against MEQ they either win big or do no harm (tested with 7 Wyches with Hydra Gaunts+Heka/Agonizer and combat drugs against 10 Tactical Marines with sgt. and PF). Is there advantage from the drawn out combat other than not getting shot at after?

Bloodbrides are basically just Wyches but the number of attacks on top of the tri-Wych weapons seem
to ride on the statistical advantages of rolling lots of dice (in turn forcing your opponent to do as well), what can I expect of them in turns of kill power and versatility compared to Incubi against Specialized elite units from other armies (DC marines, GK Paladins, Purifiers etc etc)?

I'm beginning to think that Wyches are intended to be in prolonged combats just to give the shooting units enough time to deal with the threats while posing a threat to foot slogging units and the Haywire Grenade potentially taking out a transport. With that being said is this the reason people see them as a "tarpit unit" rather than a true CC monster? If so where do Bloodbrides fit in the general scheme of things (using either 3xHydras or SN&I exclusively) in a close combat list?

If I use Incubi and encounter the problems above, generally speaking does DE have the means to create enough threat with the rest of the army that my opponent will think twice with regards to target priority?
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Menage a Trois Wyches, Bloodbrides, Incubi   Menage a Trois Wyches, Bloodbrides, Incubi I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 15:39

I have been trying to include incubi in my lists, but it has not worked for me yet.

They are truly awesome no doublt, but I don't think I have been playing them right.

I have used wyches and different set ups quite a bit. I like an agonizer or a venom blade depnding on points. I was steering away from an agonizer for while until I ran up against t5 FNP plague marines and blood angels. Wyches were great at tarpitting. Almost too good as I spent 4 turns bogged down with them. Which may seem like a good thing until you realize the rest of my army was sitting around for 2 turns after having wiped out everything else waiting for the wyches to break so I could gun down the marines.

I like the blood brindes with a syren with an agonzier. She puts out 6 attacks on the charge and while she does not hit on 3s like a succubus, she does do 2-3 power weapon wounds per turn, which give them some punch.

The hekatrix really only gets 1 wound with an agonzier compared to 2 or 3 with a venom blade, but I include a succubis in with my wych unit and it takes on a whole new threat level.

A succubus is cheap at 90 points. Throw her in with 8 wyches and now you have a very durable ( in CC) unit that can beat down most anything over a turn or 2.

Wyches, in my opinion can be a tarpit or, with a little help, a CC threat. I don't ever see them as a monster, s3 really gimps them.

If you want a CC monster, get a big unit of beasts. They are brutal as can be.

Menage a Trois Wyches, Bloodbrides, Incubi Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Menage a Trois Wyches, Bloodbrides, Incubi   Menage a Trois Wyches, Bloodbrides, Incubi I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 19:16

How pure a wych list are you looking for?

I've found the Cronos so much more effective in wych heavy list. Give it all the upgrades and dish tokens to help make the wyches more devastating. The biggest problem is I almost always deploy it from a portal.

Another HQ to consider is Lady Malys. With alot of strong characters in the book, she is often overlooked. 4+ invuln, potntially 8 attacks on the charge, makes a unit she joins immune to the effects of psychic powers, and finally you get to redeploy D3 units. Which can be huge for your AT units, or moving fragile squads away from big threats. All for a relatively cheap cost.

As far as the effectiveness of wyches, they've always sort of been a tarpit unit, you need a secondary support to finish combats quickly.

GAR is dead on though, if it's a Wych Cult, the beasts are fluffy and deadly. Cheap too, 3 beastmasters, 5 khymerae, 4 razorwing flocks is like 150 points, and dishes something on the magnitude of 50 attacks on the charge, half of them rending.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Menage a Trois Wyches, Bloodbrides, Incubi   Menage a Trois Wyches, Bloodbrides, Incubi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Menage a Trois Wyches, Bloodbrides, Incubi
Page 1 of 1