THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequin Heads

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben_S
Sybarite

Harlequin Heads Empty
PostSubject: Harlequin Heads   Harlequin Heads I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 21:12

I built some conversions intended to be Harlequins. Quite simple: Wych legs, OOP Warriors torsos (shoulders removed), OOP WHFB Empire arms (I even kept a couple of halberds).

Harlequin Heads Dscn1214

Only trouble is I'm stuck for suitable masked heads. The best I can come up with is using Necron heads/faces, but they look quite distinctively like Necrons. Anyone got any better ideas (strong preference for using plastic GW parts)?
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

Harlequin Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Heads   Harlequin Heads I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 21:57

How about the heads of Dark Elf warriors?

I apologise if that's too dumb an idea. I am only an impertinent wretch, and I don't know any better.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

Harlequin Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Heads   Harlequin Heads I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 22:08

Dark Elf heads could work, but that also made me think of a few heads from these guys:

Harlequin Heads M490679_99120204002_WoodElfGladeGuardMain_873x627

Wood Elf glade guards have a few of half-masks or something, they would probably look cool if painted with brighter colors.

One problem is, that I think they are a little too small.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

Harlequin Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Heads   Harlequin Heads I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 22:18

Thanks for the suggestions. I had considered both Dark and Wood Elves, but neither really have the full mask that Harlequins are supposed to have.

I thought the Tomb King range might have something, but if it does I missed it. The other obvious models with masks are Sanguinary Guard, but they wouldn't really suit.

I'm assuming that the best option will involve what's intended to be a real face as a mask. I did consider a Gnoblar head - might look ok on one, but not sure I'd want them all like that, and then I need to find a range of unique heads...
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

Harlequin Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Heads   Harlequin Heads I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 07:53

I was previously looking for some head bits for harlequins too, and I found these ones which seem to suit well for "dark" harlies. I didnt buy them so I can't confirm if the size is ok with DE GW miniatures.

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=47_48&products_id=169

combined with crests:

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=47_51
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harlequin Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Heads   Harlequin Heads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequin Heads
Page 1 of 1