THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts   Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 17:35

HQ 1: Archon
Huskblade
Soul-trap
Shadow Field
Phantasm Grenade Launcher

HQ 2: Haemonculus Ancient
Scissorhand
Liquifier Gun

Elites 1: 3 Kabalite Trueborn
2x Darklances
Dedicated Transport-Venom
2nd Splintercannon

Elites 2: 3 Kabalite Trueborn
3x Blasters
Haywire Grenades
Dedicated Transport-Venom
2nd Splintercannon

Troops 1: 9 Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Dedicated Transport-Raider
Night Shields
Splinter racks

Troops 2: 10 Kabalite Warriors
Sybarite
Phantasm Grenade Launcher
Agoniser
Splintercannon
Night Shields
Splinter racks

Troops 3: 9 Wracks
Liquifier Gun
Flickerfield

Fast Attack 1: 5 Scourges
2x Haywire Blasters

Heavy Support 1: Razorwing Jetfighter
Splinter cannon
Flickerfield

Heavy Support 2: Talos Pain Engine
Twin-linked Liquifier

Heavy Support 3: Cronos Parasite Engine
Spirit Probe

Total points 1649

Last edited by Timatron on Wed Jun 19 2013, 22:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
quark!
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts   Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 20:33

Is that a Razorwing or a Voidraven for HS1? I feel like the poison missiles take away from the reason the razorwing is a unique entry in the DE codex, which is some solid str 6 weaponry in the form of the monoscythe missiles.

Someone is going to come in here and politely remind you about taking too many upgrades on your units...
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts   Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 20:49

It's a Razorwing,there is no model for a Voidraven yet and I don't do proxies. Maybe I will drop 2 of the Necrotoxin Missiles and take a Sybarite for the unit of 10, that frees me up another model with a Splinterrifle  so I can drop the Shredder too. I'm very limited by the models I have I'm afraid. If I was a faster painter I would maybe get another Raider and unit of Wracks in there but I hate rushing my painting. What other upgrades would you say I could drop? Have edited in an alternative version. Dropped the Spirit Vortex off the Cronos, the Necrotoxin missiles, and just given the Haemie a Liquifier. This has allowed the inclusion of a Sybarite with PGL and Agoniser and an extra Wrack.
Back to top Go down
quark!
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts   Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 23:33

First off, don't rush the painting. Winning a couple extra games over the life time of an army doesn't make sense if you're unhappy with how the toys look.

Upgrades people could pick on: most sybarite upgrades, the shredder, the haemonculus ancient over a regular haemon, the scissorhand over a venom blade, the crucible over a liquifier gun, grenades on your trueborn, and the splinter cannon on the razorwing.

Mostly, the sentiment on upgrades is that the Dark Eldar units need to be built lean (read: minimum upgrades, designed for a specific task) to squeeze in as many units as possible and force the opponent to make choices about which fragile unit to attack first. Upgrades like splinter racks might make your raider 10 points more valuable/multi-purposed, but by the time you do that with every unit in your army, you have to consider whether those 125 points of upgrades are worth sacrificing having another unit on the table.

One thing I'd personally fret over with your list is (assumption that the wracks, the archon and the haemonculus are all in the same unit) that unit has a lot of points in one very fragile place. A 4 strong wrack unit for each HQ would at least make your opponent have to shoot down two transports instead of one to disable the assault component of your army. It also makes your component more flexible. With two units, they can go after multiple targets if there isn't a big death star type unit for them to counter. If there is a big unit, they can gang up on it and make your opponent focus overwatch on one of your two assault squads.

So your big nasty assault unit would break down into:

archon (huskblade,soul trap, shadowfield), 4-5 wracks, liquifier gun, naked raider/dual cannon venom
haemonculus (venom blade, liquifier gun), 4-5 wracks, naked raider/dual cannon venom

Regardless, I think your list will be fun to play and getting games in with it in this current "sub-optimal" form is no biggie.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts   Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 23:53

Yeah, I agree with the 'eggs in one basket thing', that's why I've stuck another Wrack in there, the Archon will ride with them, the Haemie with the 9 Warriors. I've decided to put a kitted out Sybarite in the other unit of warriors, they pack a better punch that way and with the PGL can hurdle Defence lines to duff-up Tau/guard etc. I've never got good use out of the Vortex on the Cronos so that's gone too. Also the Haemie has been trimmed down and the Missiles switched back to stock. Hopefully this will be a bit more flexible.
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts   Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 12:10

Timatron wrote:
I've decided to put a kitted out Sybarite in the other unit of warriors, they pack a better punch that way and with the PGL can hurdle Defence lines to duff-up Tau/guard etc.

I think the Agoniser is too expensive; you shouldn't need it if you're only fighting Tau/Guard and it won't really help against decent CC opponents.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts   Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 14:53

It's 2 extra dead MEQ. Or the sergeant in a challenge. It's better than just a power weapon, by, oh I'd say 5 points. The thing is, say I dropped the upgrades on the Sybarite and the Cronos completely. That gets me 130pts. The only thing I could squeeze in there (that I have the models for) is another unit of Scourges. I don't even have two more Haywire Blasters, so it would be 10 with 3 HWB+ Solarite. Would that be better? I don't know. Plus my 5 Scourges are really nicely painted and the event is too close to get another 5 done to the same standard, I'm slow at painting and to get them to match will take even longer; I used a lot of washes! The other option is, I do have another unpainted Razorwing, which strangely I could probably paint faster. Then it comes down to, where can I turn those 130pts into 155? I don't see it. Apart from the Sybarite in question, I don't think I have another single upgrade I could do without.
Back to top Go down
quark!
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts   Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 19:49

No Doubt!
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts   Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 22:43

Once you clear away all the Spiderwebs you're left with a good list; you don't need to say Excuse Me Mr or apologize for it in any way, even if you're Just A Girl. It seems quite good and I'm Happy Now with my choices, if someone disagrees then we're just Different People and I won't say Hey You, you're wrong. Because writing a list can sometimes feel like The Climb of a lifetime, you may have to write it out Sixteen or even more times, sitting up all weekend until Sunday Morning, during which time you Don't Speak to anyone. The thing to remember is: You Can Do It, just don't think 40k makes the World Go Round. Anyway, I'll End It On This: thanks for the help writing my list for the Kabal of the Tragic Kingdom!
jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts   Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of The Tragic Kingdom-1650pts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: