THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Scarlet shrike

Go down 
+3
The_Burning_Eye
spellcheck2001
Brood
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Brood
Slave
Brood

Kabal of the Scarlet shrike Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 06:11

Hey errybody, Just thought I would start this project log up it's gonna update whenever I update my blog : Dirge and purge, as with my blog I'm not an amazing scuptor, modeleer or painter, and I don't expect my stuff to light the world on fire, if you like it, awesome tell me so, maybe spread my work around. If you want a small guide on how I achieved something just ask, I'll be more than willing to tell you what I did.  

So what's been on the operating table these last two weeks?

blaster conversions first off, anyone else not like that blasters cost almost 9 bucks on bitz sites? ever notice how many of those blaster pistols you get?

Voilà, your solution:
Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th10

Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th11

Also been converting up a few raiders inspired by I believe it was mr.pink though I could be mistaken.

Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th12
Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th14

This one became one of my ravagers
Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th15

and finally the scourge I'm turning into an archon sorry about the black piece it's the soul trap that came off the finecast archon, it was too cool not to use.
Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th16

Back to top Go down
http://screamtobeheard.blogspot.com/
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 07:37

Welcome! Nice idea on the blasters. I agree bits sites are obscene for desirable items like those. I will be doing a similar thing with the blast pistols but using the shredder for the stock ( as who takes shredders nowadays Wink )

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 07:44

I love the idea of a scourge archon, personally I think dark eldar definitely need some jump infantry assault troops, and close combat scourges would be freakin awesome models!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 08:05

I like it, the raider is by far one of my favorite's that I've seen In a while, and a Scourge Archon..... did he go to a doctor for that?
Back to top Go down
Brood
Slave
Brood

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 08:43

Lord_Alino wrote:
I like it, the raider is by far one of my favorite's that I've seen In a while, and a Scourge Archon..... did he go to a doctor for that?

He'll eventually be getting the dreadlord helm from the black dragon kit, when it comes in.

first one, with the first set of horns.

Kabal of the Scarlet shrike Screen10
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 16:17

oh wow, somebody seems to have the dominate Antlers in the group Razz
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20 2013, 18:51

The Shredder + Blast Pistol = Blaster conversion (as spellcheck2001 says) is quite a common one. I don't think the pistol on the end of a Splinter Rifle works so well I'm afraid - maybe if you trimmed the barrel down first? Of course, so long as your opponents are cool with it, it doesn't matter.

The Scourge Archon is cool - I'll have to check out those heads myself.
Back to top Go down
Brood
Slave
Brood

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21 2013, 07:07

So I have 3 scourges left...not really a clue what to do with them.

Ideas? they are 1 female with batwings, and two males with feathered wings. they have no equipment.

my haemonculus and archon are obviously the other two scourges. I've been thinking about making the last three unit champs but considering I don't take champs it's kinda moot.

Brood
Slave
Brood

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27 2013, 06:24

Sup folks, more stuff.
First up is my Haemonculus
Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th17

Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th18
Then her wrack "nurses"
Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th19

Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th20
(This one is my favorite whom I have nicknamed "The mantis")
Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th21

Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th22

My beastmasters (Anyone got good ideas for flocks of birds that don't cost 15-20 per base?)
Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th23

Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th24

And finally the archon now with head! (I would also like ideas one what I should do for his base, idea bucket is kinda empty right now)
Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th25

I also wanted to ask what you guys think I might do with some of these pieces, I have considered making them into objective markers, but maybe one of your ideas will strike my fancy better.

Kabal of the Scarlet shrike For_th26
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27 2013, 06:58

Nice conversions! In my opinion, the Archon could use a cape - he looks a bit too slender otherwise. As for what seem to be bits from a Chaos Warshrine, they could always serve as scenic bases - just need to be cut into smaller pieces to represent your fellows jumping over ruined temples.

Brood
Slave
Brood

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27 2013, 07:17

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
In my opinion, the Archon could use a cape - he looks a bit too slender otherwise.
Noted, though I am hesitant as the wings don't allow for much room, and I'm afraid it would mae the model gain too much action.

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
As for what seem to be bits from a Chaos Warshrine, they could always serve as scenic bases - just need to be cut into smaller pieces to represent your fellows jumping over ruined temples.

Not such a big fan of this idea but your advice is valued. as I said before I was think about turning these pieces into objectives but I'm wondering if anyone could come up with a good use for them before they are resigned to that.

The first is a stasis tube it's not very big but could hold a body part or weapon in it.
the second is a chaos gate, which came off the warshrine, as did the actual warshrine bit.
and the final piece is a blood bowl from the vampire counts big f***-off chariot.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27 2013, 10:09

Very cool converting you have made there, Brood - those antlers fits extremely well, I must say. Can't wait to see him painted.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Brood
Slave
Brood

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 00:24

Saintspirit wrote:
Very cool converting you have made there, Brood - those antlers fits extremely well, I must say. Can't wait to see him painted.

Thanks, hopefully that will be soon, but not so sure now that I hear I'm gonna be spending a week or two up in Virginia.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 04:35

i love the archon, can I dissect it? i'm not aloud to love Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Scarlet shrike   Kabal of the Scarlet shrike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Scarlet shrike
Page 1 of 1