THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Allies List - Feedback?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

1500 Allies List - Feedback? Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Allies List - Feedback?   1500 Allies List - Feedback? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21 2013, 09:25

Hi all,

I've been running this list for the couple of weeks or so and thus far it has proved very effective (5-1-0).  Of the matches I've won, it tabled Necrons & Eldar and beat Ravenwing, and IG Russ spam (x2).

I'm looking to tweak little things, and would appreciate any suggestions.

I'm not concerned about it being super-competitive at the price of being joyless to play (hence the Incubi/Succubus); however, any thoughts would be appreciated.

---------------------------

Haemonculus: venom blade; Casket of Flensing; liquifier gun.

Succubus: venom blade; haywire grenades.
Total HQ 150

4 Incubi: Klaivex.
Venom: splinter cannon; grisly trophies.

4 Kabalite Trueborn: 4× blaster; haywire grenades.
Venom: splinter cannon.
Total Elites 354

Gunboat 1
10 Kabalite Warriors: blaster; splinter cannon.
Raider: splinter racks; night shields.

5 Wracks: liquifier gun.
Raider

Gunboat 2
10 Kabalite Warriors: blaster; splinter cannon.
Raider: splinter racks; night shields.

Suicide Wyches
5 Wyches: haywire grenades.
Venom: splinter cannon.

Total Troops 635

Ravager: night shields.

Allies

Farseer: singing spear; Eldar jetbike.

6 Windrider Guardians: 2× shuriken cannon.

Total Allies 242

1,496 points

--------------------

The Haemi rides with the wracks to clear units sitting in cover.  Succubus rides with the Incubi, lurking back to begin with then rushing forward to counter anyone making a dash at my gunboats (unless there's a tempting target for them on the board).

Farseer & JBs usually chill in cover for a while twinlinking my ravager / blasterborn/raider DL's/Venom's Spl cannons (depending on enemy).  Whenever required they zoom around the board bladestorming tough units/popping tanks/contesting objectives.

Gunboats lurk at 24" from enemy unless they can pick on targets with sub s4 weapons in which case they zoom into RF range.

HW wyches... aim usually for the enemy HQ's transport / the highest value vehicle on the board.

Many thanks,

Starkadder.
Back to top Go down
Khorndog
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Allies List - Feedback?   1500 Allies List - Feedback? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23 2013, 17:35

Have you found you're able to deal with flyers? They're a big part of my local meta, forcing me to use a voidraven or two to take care of them- but if twin linking blasters/ravagers seems to work, that might be the direction I go in as well.
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Allies List - Feedback?   1500 Allies List - Feedback? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 11:13

It doesn't look like a bad list but it has a few potential problems.

When taking a Haemonculi for my HQ, I don't like to get him anywhere near the action so I don't concede a VP for STWL (two in Purge the Alien missions).

I also feel you lack long range AT for T1 especially. You also don't have a viable option for dealing with flyers.

It might be you've played well to mitigate these potential weaknesses, or possibly you've been up against weaker lists/players.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Allies List - Feedback?   1500 Allies List - Feedback? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 09:51

Khorndog wrote:
Have you found you're able to deal with flyers? They're a big part of my local meta, forcing me to use a voidraven or two to take care of them- but if twin linking blasters/ravagers seems to work, that might be the direction I go in as well.

mug7703 wrote:
It doesn't look like a bad list but it has a few potential problems.

When taking a Haemonculi for my HQ, I don't like to get him anywhere near the action so I don't concede a VP for STWL (two in Purge the Alien missions).

I also feel you lack long range AT for T1 especially. You also don't have a viable option for dealing with flyers.

It might be you've played well to mitigate these potential weaknesses, or possibly you've been up against weaker lists/players.

In terms of anti-air I've done quite well using the farseer to twinlink Ravager / Blasterborn. It's not perfect but I've found fliers to be quite ineffective when I've come up against them. I do actually own a Razorwing/Void Raven so could stick that in there.

As a broader point on fliers I think people often get too worried about them. IG Flamer vets dropping out of Valkyries on the last turn is a ball-ache, but in general just hit them with enough stuff to make them 'evade' and then ignore them. I tend just to move into their line of flight too (using DE mobility) to stop them hitting anything I don't want them too. Force them into hover-mode and then lance them to kingdom come!

I've actually been using my Succubus as an HQ, although I'm heading in to a 1750pt tournament soon so may add a backfield Haemonculus Ancient for War Lord in a big warrior blob with some lances / stick him in a venom with some Lanceborn/ hide him with some pathfinders & give him a hexrifle.

I agree it is a little light on t1 lance-fire. This hasn't been a problem thus far as the tank armies I've faced have rushed up towards me. What would you drop to include another Ravager?

Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Allies List - Feedback?   1500 Allies List - Feedback? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 12:18

I'd drop the two Raider gun boats down to Venom gun boats. This'll save enough points to chuck another Ravager in the list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Allies List - Feedback?   1500 Allies List - Feedback? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 12:41

mug7703 wrote:
I'd drop the two Raider gun boats down to Venom gun boats. This'll save enough points to chuck another Ravager in the list.

Unlike many other races, Dark Eldar can't take a dedicated transport that the squad can't fit in so only the Wracks have the option to drop down to a Venom.

Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Allies List - Feedback?   1500 Allies List - Feedback? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 18:33

I've actually stuck in a squad of three Eldar War Walkers - they've come through two matches now ont the winning side: against Guard Russ-Spam and then a zombie horde Chaos Nurgle army. I'd strongly recommend them (thus far..).

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Allies List - Feedback?   1500 Allies List - Feedback? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Allies List - Feedback?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: