THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts

Go down 
+2
Evil Space Elves
Skari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts Empty
PostSubject: New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts   New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 04:05

Welcome to another skaredcast battle report. Enjoy this fast paced and action packed report. :DA REMATCH

The Eldar Warhost:

* Jain-Zar
* 9 Banshies (exarch, powerglaive thing)
* WaveSerpent TL Bright Lance, Cannon, Holofield

* 10 Dire Avengers (exarch, power spear, shimmershield, disarming strike)
* WaveSerpent TL Brightlance, Cannon, Holofield
* 10 Dire Avengers (exarch, power spear, shimmershield, disarming strike)
* 4 Windrider Jetbikes, Cannon

* 3 Dark Reapers, Krack Rockets (exarch)

This is 1500pts.

The Dark Eldar Coven:

* Urien Rackarth
* 3 Grotesques, +1str, Aberration, Liquifier
* Raider, Darklance

* 10 Wyches, Hek, Venomblade, Haywires
* Raider, Darklance
* 10 Wracks, 2 Liquifiers, Acothyst
* Raider, Darklance
* 10 Kabalites, Darklance, Blaster
* 5 Kabalites, Blaster
* Venom, Dual Cannon
* 5 Wyches, Haywires
* Venom, Dual Cannon
* 5 Scourge, 2 Haywire Blasters
* Talos, TL Liquifier, TL Splintercannon
* Talos, TL Liquifier, TL Splintercannon

Thats 1500pts

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts   New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 04:39

"Most epic slapfest ever!"

Great game, great report. That disarming strike business is NASTY.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
eohall
Hellion
eohall

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts   New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 15:59

Hey Skari great batrep! I'm sure you answer this question a lot, but what is the provenance of your accent? At first I thought it was british but I'm less and less sure of that as you narrate.
Back to top Go down
Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts   New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 18:25

Yeah nice game and a very clear (and well lit) report. You're on a nice little roll now. I just have a few comments.

Talos: Great unit, but they got lead around a bit in this game. Got to the fleshy stuff in the end, but your opponent did well to keep away from them for most of the game.

Venom wyches: in reserve? You needed them for anti-tank early on, especially given the lack of dark lances. I can understand wanting to keep anti-infantry stuff out of the way until the serpents had been cracked, though.

The challenge: They do seem a bit silly when played over so many turns like this - everybody else just stands around and waits, i guess? Did you have any other spare units that could have charged in to support and given you a re-roll or two? I take it you didn't bother moving anything because the rest of the eldar army was gone.
Also looks like you forgot to take your Feel No Pain saves for Urien. And I think Jain Zar causes fear, so some fear tests would have been in order.
Disarming strike worked pretty well with her high WS, but the banshees seemed quite awkward to use coming out of the Serpent - like having to spend a turn just standing around. I wouldn't have sent in the poor wracks to get them, just stay in the raider and laugh at them! The warriors would die anyway, but at the least they had a chance with overwatch & then striking simultaneously with the banshees.

What do you think about mech-eldar overall? I wouldn't want a foot-force vs DE, but they seemed to struggle at times. Maybe the army was a little small - too many upgrades, not enough scatter lasers? You took your standard coven list with no tailoring and did very well. Imagine if you'd had 3 ravagers that could have downed half the serpents right from turn 1!

Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts   New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23 2013, 17:05

question for you:
Why didn't you FNP Urien in the challenge? Maybe I just missed it.

Otherwise, great job on the game! I'm collecting a DE army that is slightly coven themed forgoing the usual ravager route. It's nice to see that it is possible to win with such lists Smile

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
infamousme
Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts   New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23 2013, 19:05

I love the video batreps, it's so much better than reading blocks of text describing turn after turn. Battle seemed really fun too, can't wait until I can start playing again myself.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts   New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 04:06

Thanks for all the comments!

- Disarming Strike is very nasty. Makes any exarch awesome at challenges.
- My accent is indeed "engish"
- The venoms did stay in treserve because I was hoping to crack some tanks before they arrived.
- Fear would have been fine and dandy (but uriens grots start with 3 pain tokens Very Happy)
- Yes I did indeed forget about Uriend FNP.

The coven army has been a blast to learn how to play. Forcing myself to play without ravagers even more challenging! and very rewarding. Go see the last game I had against the alpha legion (when i took my ravagers) it was quite nice to have all that AT! hehe, funny how you can force yourself to be better at the game when having to rely on non "conventional" tactics.

Im glad you like the video batreps, they are a blast to make!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts   New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 14:10

I really like seeing the coven reports because I'm trying to make a hybrid coven army Smile

Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts   New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 20:29

Nice. I love the coven.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts   New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 22:06

Can coven be good without a hermie? I'm planning on running 2 talos, and a 4 man grot squad in a boat with either lelith or an archon.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts   New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Eldar (waveserpents) vs Dark Eldar (coven) 1500pts
Page 1 of 1