THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Jain Zar and Wraithblades

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mangobango11
Slave

Jain Zar and Wraithblades Empty
PostSubject: Jain Zar and Wraithblades   Jain Zar and Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 06:41

So I love the idea of using Jain Zar in a 2,000 point Dark Eldar/Eldar force and was thinking of possible "retinue" units and wraithblades crossed my mind...

Though it would be expensive, it would be very cool. My question is would it be more or less effective then a Howling Banshees retinue, and if it is would it be better to upgrade them to ghost axe's for the invulnerable save and so they all hit at AP 2 like Jain Zar

What are your thoughts on the idea?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Jain Zar and Wraithblades   Jain Zar and Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 08:30

The Phoenix Lords in general are not worth their points cost and the idea of combining JZ with Wraithblades would mean that she lost her Battle Focus, Acrobatic and Fleet, slowing her down to the speed of a normal model. Also, how were you planning on getting them into combat?

Mangobango11
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Jain Zar and Wraithblades   Jain Zar and Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 14:14

I was thinking either via Wave Serpent or a "hijacked" Raider.

Yeah I agree that they would hamper her movement, but not that the Phoenix Lords aren't worth there points cost. If Wraithblades aren't the answer there must be a better unit she could use as a "retinue" that would make her worth her points, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Jain Zar and Wraithblades   Jain Zar and Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 14:38

allied units cant embark in vehicles that arent theirs. Even if say, Jain Zar joins incubi, they cant get into a raider (even their own DT raider). So the only way to get them across the table quicker than walking is a Wave Serpent, which means they cant assault the turn they disembark.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Mangobango11
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Jain Zar and Wraithblades   Jain Zar and Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 14:58

Oh, so then its better just to put her in a unit of Howling Banshees because they are fast enough to try and sprint across the board, a Wave Serpent which sadly doesn't let them assault out of it.

Alternately what about Harlequins then? Could she join them and gain the invulnerable save from the Solitare?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Jain Zar and Wraithblades   Jain Zar and Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 16:20

you mean the cover save from the shadowseer??? Depends on where your harlies came from. CWE version of harlies have the old veil of tears back, and its a psychic test now. So while Jain Zar would be effected by veil of tears, it doesnt provide a coversave anymore.

If she joins DE harlies, with the 6th ed veil of tears rule still in effect, then yes she would get the coversave. As it gives the squad shrouding + stealth.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Mangobango11
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Jain Zar and Wraithblades   Jain Zar and Wraithblades I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22 2013, 20:50

Yeah sorry thats what I meant.

So Harlequins work if they are dark eldar harlies huh... *insert evil laugh here*

Would they be effective as moving on foot though? She still wouldn't be able to join a raider then would she...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jain Zar and Wraithblades   Jain Zar and Wraithblades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jain Zar and Wraithblades
Page 1 of 1