THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khorndog
Slave

1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies   1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23 2013, 17:56

Hey all,

With the new eldar book, I've been toying with an allied list for a tournament in 2 weeks. I'm going for competitive without causing complaints:

Duke Sliscus (to boost wyches with drugs)
4 trueborn, blasters, venom (2x splinter cannon), nightshields
10 wyches, hekatrix (venom blade), 2x hydra gauntlets, raider (nightshields)
Ravager, nightshields
Ravager, nightshields

Farseer, bike
6 windrider bikes, 2 shuriken cannons
Wraithknight, 2 hvy wraithcannons

Total is 1848.

Pretty straightforward- blasters as mobile anti-tank, ravagers as long range anti-tank, wraithknight as fire magnet/anti-tank, wyches take out infantry, bikes take out infantry, venoms take out infantry.

Bikes and wyches to take/contest objectives mid to late game, using first half of game to harrass the enemy and stay mobile.

My opponents are likely to be:
-Gray Knights (drago wing)
-Ultramarines (flyer heavy)
-Infantry heavy IG
-dark eldar (warrior heavy)
-Eldar (standard mixed force)
-chaos with daemon allies (2 princes, big mob of screamers, rubric marines)
-Nids (dual tyrants, tervigon spam)

What would you change?
Back to top Go down
lobo60
Hellion
lobo60

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies   1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 00:50

I see the blob IG giving you trouble. Flier Ultra (unless you can table them in turn one) I would find a way to put a dark reaper squad in maybe. Chaos and Nids shouldn't present much trouble. I honestly like the list but you may want to add some air defense. maybe a defense line with a quad gun? but the wytches are cool for combat. ravagers are very nice but I would change one too a Dissie for some of these stronger infantry since you have the blaster born and the wraith knight for AT (keep in mind even a land raider will fall too him in CC)
Back to top Go down
Khorndog
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies   1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 01:28

I normally run 2 voidravens as my anti-flyer, but wanted to try the ravagers since they're one the board from the start and have a wider utility thanks to the flyer's movement restrictions.

I tested the list tonight vs blood angels, and overall it fared decently. The mission was purge the alien, which I ultimately lost because he managed to blow up the venom containing the duke and a squad of blasterborn in the bottom of turn 5, giving him an additional 4 points.

Key issues I had:
- His storm raven was hard to deal with (as I imagine most flyers will be with this list), but with re-rolling hits on my ravagers from the farseer, I managed to maim it even though it wasn't destroyed outright
- My jetbikes were tackled in combat by a squad of jump-marines; with only the 12" range on their weapons, I found it difficult to get them in close enough to do damage without presenting a target for my opponent to charge, even with the buffs from the farseer
- His landraider lasted 3 turns thanks to cover, so maneuvering my units into position is going to be key in order to limit my opponents armor in the tournament

All in all, I felt that the voidravens could have performed as well if not better than the ravagers- it's likely they could have taken down my opponent's storm raven by turn 3, and their bombs would have gone a long way towards removing the landraider in cover or many of the 30 jump marines that were zooming across the board.

Have another game on wednesday, so will be trying out 2 voidravens and dissies on my raiders, to see what impact that has on my game. With the blasters and the wraithknight starting on the board, I should have a fair amount of anti-tank threat, and once the jets come in my anti-tank will significantly increase.

Back to top Go down
lobo60
Hellion
lobo60

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies   1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 14:55

yea see this is tricky because the Ravager is better than most at taking out vehicles but, it struggles against fliers as with most. yea I could see the jet bikes be trouble, they are not our lovely reavers who can turbo boast and kill people but yes I learned that starting my wraith knight on board is probably the best option because he is devastating and most opponents cannot hurt him. but post about how your next battle goes man! good luck.
Back to top Go down
Khorndog
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies   1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27 2013, 13:06

The game last night with this list was a rollercoaster- played against chaos marines with daemon allies, tzeentch flavored.

First turn, he infiltrated 3 rhinos within 12", moved, popped out sorcerors, and doombolted nearly half my army. That spell is insane! And he had it on 3 of 4 sorcerors to boot, talk about deadly.

From there it was uphill for me, but wyches were in combat turn 1, managed to wipe 2 of his 3 rubric units between the wyches, dissies, and the wraithknight. Also tweaked the army to include a gunboat of trueborn with 2 splinter cannons, which took out quite a few marines alongside the duke.

Overall, had to split my farseer off and turboboost across the board turn 5 to deny his lone objective, but won because of it. Very close game, but fun.

Going to take 2x3 bikes moving forward, so I can threaten more than one ovjective. Also trying the scatter laser/suncannon combo on the wraithknight, just to see what happens. Less anti tank, but still dangerous vs transports etc.
Back to top Go down
lobo60
Hellion
lobo60

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies   1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27 2013, 13:20

Very nicely done and yea the scatter/sun is an expensive combo but it is devestating for infantry. Considering most cannon even hurt him, his sun cannon will wipe out a squad in each turn if they are not careful.
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies   1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 02:28

Khorndog wrote:
Hey all,

With the new eldar book, I've been toying with an allied list for a tournament in 2 weeks. I'm going for competitive without causing complaints:

Duke Sliscus (to boost wyches with drugs)
Ravager, nightshields
Ravager, nightshields

Farseer, bike
6 windrider bikes, 2 shuriken cannons
Wraithknight, 2 hvy wraithcannons

Total is 1848.

Pretty straightforward- blasters as mobile anti-tank, ravagers as long range anti-tank, wraithknight as fire magnet/anti-tank, wyches take out infantry, bikes take out infantry, venoms take out infantry.

Bikes and wyches to take/contest objectives mid to late game, using first half of game to harrass the enemy and stay mobile.

My opponents are likely to be:
-Gray Knights (drago wing)
-Ultramarines (flyer heavy)
-Infantry heavy IG
-dark eldar (warrior heavy)
-Eldar (standard mixed force)
-chaos with daemon allies (2 princes, big mob of screamers, rubric marines)
-Nids (dual tyrants, tervigon spam)

What would you change?

Comments

The Wraith Knight is very expensive and the slowest part of your army , and it wont be a fire magnet from a good player there are many more juicy low AV targets like Ravengers and Raiders .

Keep the wind rinders back .. use them when a lot of the heavy stuff has gone down. If you want to use them add a lock ( I know the far seer is there) , with the lock they are better in close combat

I dont really like the 4 trueborn, blasters, venom (2x splinter cannon), nightshields. You really need to get too close with the blasters.. So prefer 1 -2 unit with 3 True born with 4 SC and another with 3 Blasters .

Put some Wyches is Venoms when a Raider goes pop ( which it will you loose a lot) ...

Since the Wraith Knight wont be attacked till you have lost is the attack it has worth the 300 or so points... That buys a Ravanger ,a Prism and 1/2 - 3/4 a unit of True Borns in a venom.. It can work in Eldar list becuase the whole list is tough but DE rely on lots of glass cannons which will get hit first and the points reduce the amount of cannons you have.
Back to top Go down
Khorndog
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies   1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 04:27

The 4 blasters in a venom is a tried and true hallmark of the dark eldar list, and have never failed me.

Wraithknight has been great every game, and fun as well- the model is gorgeous, which is why I'm including it.

I've been keeping the bikes back within 48" of an objective so they can fly in late game and take/deny one. That tactic has been solid.

Overall, the list that I think I'll be taking to the tourney after tweaking over 5 games is:

Duke Sliscus
2x4 blasters, venoms
2x10 wyches, gauntlets, vb hekatrix, raider
9 warriors, raider, splinter racks
2x Ravagers, dissies
Farseer, bike
2x3 windrider jetbikes
Wraithknight

Can play the objective game, can play fast, and can do a decent amount of damage in anhiliation match ups. Has been solid so far.
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies   1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 12:58

"The 4 blasters in a venom is a tried and true hallmark of the dark eldar list,"

They are ok for tank hunting but you need to get close.. I use them sometimes but they are expensive. I see you use dissies on your Ravengers that makes them more important.. I still run them but i normally fill out all the heavy slots with 3 True born first before going to 4.. and they are a bit anoying in the fact that blasters are anti tank and the SC are anti infantry. So if 1 flank has just tanks and you go there than the SC are useless.

Warriors in raider in splinter racks are not great either .. you need to get close, 12" to get the to hit re roll . Have you considered changing them to 5 in a Venom , then drop 1 true born from each true born , use the points to add 4 True born with 2 SC , so 4 SC ..add the Duke . sit at 36" with 24 3+ poison shots per turn for most of the game. Keeps your commander safer as well.

I also have an eldar ally ( well soon ) Im still collecting some eldar and need to paint them but im changing my DE to this.

DE +eldar (1850)
Haemo with VB+ 6 Incubi in raider (dis) , Aether Sails
3TB in venom , 4 SC Night Shield
3TB in venom , 4 SC Night Shield

10 Wracks in Raider (Dis) , 2 Liquifier
5 Warriors in Venom 2 SC
3 Wracks in Venom 2 SC
3 Wracks in Venom 2 SC
5 Wyches in Venom HW grenades 2 SC
2 * Ravengers Night Shield , Dark Lances
Ravengers w Dark Lances

Farseer on bike
3 Windrider Jetbiked w SC
Hornet with Scatter laser and pulse laser
Night spinner with Holo field for mass vehicles or horde control or 2 * walker with scatter laser and Star Cannon or 2 * BL
Back to top Go down
Khorndog
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies   1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2013, 22:53

4 trueborn in a venom are fast- the whole army is- and can out meneuvre almost anyone to get in a good position. I rarely play a game where my trueborn arent in range of something on turn 1.

I make sure all my builds cover multiple threat ranges- so with a trueborn unit in a venom, I have a 30" threat range which is very effective.

Warriors in the raider have a 36" threat range with rerolls to hit, poison 3+. Not many opponents that want to see that line up their monstrous creatures in its sites.

Ravagers and venoms have a 48" threat range, great for long range anti-infantry. Keep in mind the venoms dont have to target the same unit as the trueborn.

Wyches have a threat of 19" or so, depending on charge dice. This allows me to threaten at multiple stages, which helps me deploy more effectively and allows me to keep my army moving to engage optimal targets.
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies   1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02 2013, 02:09

I dont disagree the true born in a blaster can get there quick .. the problem is a good player will support it and after your 4 shots  you will loose the True Born..  A  3rd Ravenger can do the same thing with less  risk . Freeing your true born for what you want (  2 TB with 2 lances can be good  or 3-4  blasters for unsopported stuff  but the Ravenger should be priority)

Also instead of the Blasterborn  you can use Wyches  they will get there pretty quick  and you care less about them dying.  I preffer them in Venoms though if the vehicle blows up  the unit is pretty  stuffed anyway ..

"Warriors in the raider have a 36" threat range with rerolls to hit, poison 3+. Not many opponents that want to see that line up their monstrous creatures in its sites."  

I did the maths in another post on Splinter racks and they are not great .. the real  range where they are ok is at 12"  but still not as good as splinter born  or venom spam  , which puts you in range of many things .  Splinter born have 24 shots at 36" which is better than 9 warriors with rerolls so a better place to put the Duke (and if you have the Duke  it can be worth throwing guide on there once you have taken out the enemy armour) .    3 Wracks in a Venom with 2 SC have  12 shots at 36" ( 42" threat)  at 95 points.  5 guys in a venom have  12 shots at 42"  threat .  17 shots at 24" and  22 shots at 12" and they are much cheaper.  
To give you an idea on splinter born they do 2.6 wounds / turn on the WK  = 24 shots * 2/3 hit * 1/3 armour  * 1/2  poison to wound

Last edited by bklooste on Tue Jul 02 2013, 02:54; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spell)
Back to top Go down
Khorndog
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies   1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02 2013, 02:15

Trust me I understand the mathhammer, but I want warriors in my list to add another troop as well as to keep the list "soft" - this tournament comps strictly competitive builds, so by keeping blasterborn vs 3 tb with 2 dark lances as well as warriors in a raider vs venom spam, and by using the wraithknight I'm keeping the list enjoyable to play against.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies   1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Tournament List, DE/CWE allies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: