THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000pt as future allied detachment

Go down 
2 posters

Is this a decent first list?
Yeah, pretty decent
1000pt as future allied detachment Voteba1333%1000pt as future allied detachment Voteba15
 33% [ 1 ]
Could be better
1000pt as future allied detachment Voteba1367%1000pt as future allied detachment Voteba15
 67% [ 2 ]
Pfft, go back to your wraithbone gardens pansy boy
1000pt as future allied detachment Voteba130%1000pt as future allied detachment Voteba15
 0% [ 0 ]
It's great, welcome to the dark side!
1000pt as future allied detachment Voteba130%1000pt as future allied detachment Voteba15
 0% [ 0 ]
Needz MOAR SPAM kthxbai
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
1nfinitezer0
Slave
1nfinitezer0

1000pt as future allied detachment Empty
PostSubject: 1000pt as future allied detachment   1000pt as future allied detachment I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23 2013, 18:24

Greetings all.
Long time Craftworld Eldar player (since the big release in 2nd), but haven't ever played the Dark Kin before. My collection of miniatures are on the other side of the country, and with the new CE codex I'm itching like mad to play. So rather than start a wraith army, I figure it'd be more fun to get some sexy DE figs and play them as an allied detachment in the future.

So, this list might not be tourney-winning material, but I'd like it to be semi-competitive on it's own as well as TAC. c&c very much welcomed.

HQ
Haemonculus w/ liquifier and scissorhands, run with wracks
Haemonculus w/ hexrifle, run with trueborn
ELITES
6myn Trueborn, 2xDL, raider, nightshield
TROOPS
10myn Warriors, DL, blaster, raider
9myn Wracks, liquifier, raider, shock prow
FAST ATTACK
6myn reavers, 2x blasters
HEAVY SUPPORT
Razorwing w/ Flickerfield
999pts

Once I've finalized my list, it'll be the basis for what I buy. Expansion thoughts beyond the initial list are: IC badass, haywire MSU wyches on venoms, ravagers

My major concerns with it at this point are:
-target saturation, i haz none. is the lack of units gonna be a problem for these glass hammers? Since I'm planning it as an allied detachment, it needs to roughly follow the 1-1-2-1-1 FOC, but if things can be split up to MSU when playing as a primary that's great
-flyer. is it worth it at this points level, or should i drop it for more reavers and a ravager?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt as future allied detachment   1000pt as future allied detachment I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 15:46

you dont need 2 HQs, drop the one that sits with the trueborn.

If you run lanceborn, those extra bodies are worthless. Drop them down to 3 and just sit them in cover. If they opponent really wants to kill them, go to ground for a 2~3+ coversave and just laugh as he is wasting shots on them.

With those points you can get a 3 man wrack squad in venom w/ dual cannons. Cheap and adds target saturation.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
1nfinitezer0
Slave
1nfinitezer0

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt as future allied detachment   1000pt as future allied detachment I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 17:50

Cool thanks. Definitely feel like I need the lanceborn for extra killy, but 3 wracks as an anti-inf gunboat option makes them a pretty expensive vyper equivalent no? Anyone who run min venom wracks actually get use of them on objectives ever?

The alternative is to put the lanceborn on the ground, which was not addressed by your wording specifically... I'm really hesitant to run them on foot. Is there general experience in this regard? With the rest of the army mech, they don't get left isolated and destroyed before they make their points back? I'm envisioning them getting one, maybe two turns of shots off.

I'm almost thinking the trueborn or alts are worth dropping to try and squeeze in another kaballite raider.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt as future allied detachment   1000pt as future allied detachment I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27 2013, 14:47

its a vyper carrying scoring troops that pushes out 12 poison 4 shots though... so well worth it in my opinion

When I run lanceborn, I always put them in area terrain unless Im facing say... A helldrake. Putting them on the ground gives you an extra transport to fly around and do whatever, while forcing your opponent to either get rid of them or leave them be. If he leaves them be, you then have 2 extra darklight shots a turn. If he focuses on them, go to ground for the extra coversave (3+ in terrain, 2+ in ruins) and make the opponent commit to getting rid of them. If he does, that is less shots pouring into your army.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt as future allied detachment   1000pt as future allied detachment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000pt as future allied detachment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: