THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500 point league list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tropheus
Hellion

500 point league list Empty
PostSubject: 500 point league list   500 point league list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 22:11

Well I have a league coming up soon, thought I would work on a list. I really dont know what my opponents will be besides Tau and probably craftworld eldar. Rules are pretty restrictive but actually benefit dark eldar as there is not a single thing in our codex I cant bring except named characters. Basically no 2+ armor or invul saves, nothing with more than 2 wounds, no vehicles with more than a 11 AV in any one face, unless its a transport, then its max 12. No mandatory HQ and only one troop is needed.

So in this vein of 500 points of combat patrol here is what I am thinking
Trueborn- x4 with shredders and a venom with 2 Splinter cannons -133 This will be a good anti-infantry unit I think which is perfect since that will be mostly what I am facing.

Kab Warriors x5 blaster, Raider 120
Kab Warriors x5 Blaster, Raider 120
Ravager with dissies, Night Shield, Flickerfield 125

I shouldnt run into too much besides transports I would think at this level. I doubt the eldar will be fielding a ton as their stuff is super expensive. We can actually change out our lists through the league but I wanted to get a head start on what to prioritize on painting. How does this look as an all comers list, we do not know who we are facing until that day and our armies are in hand as we get assigned tables.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: 500 point league list   500 point league list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 05:33

Remember the cheap effective units are your friend especially at this points level.

3 wracks in a venom w/2 cannons 95 (meaning for 500pts you could have 4 and a Ravager)

5 wracks 1 w/liquifier in venom w/2 cannons 125
5 Kabalite 1 w/blaster in venom w/2 cannons 125 (meaning you could have 3 and a ravager or 2 and 2 ravagers).

In any of the above the venom can be swapped for a raider but as you'll mostly be facing infantry venoms are probably the way to go.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 500 point league list   500 point league list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 12:07

I have 9 raiders available and a single venom so I was trying to use what I have on hand. It was a real toss up between sacrificing some troops and using a Razorwing instead of the Ravager for the monoscyth missile alpha strike but decided they work better in mass.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: 500 point league list   500 point league list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 22:08

I haven't played Combat patrol with DE yet, but I am really looking forward to the day.

I like your original list. It's a good mix of weaponry, and plenty of shots. I'd maybe consider a small unit of Haywire- and carbine-equipped Scourges instead of one of the warrior squads, but it's not essential.

Are you playing on a 4'x4' table, and if so are Nightshields worth it?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 500 point league list   500 point league list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500 point league list
Page 1 of 1