THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Where does my Farseer go?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

Where does my Farseer go? Empty
PostSubject: Where does my Farseer go?   Where does my Farseer go? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 11:31

Meldar competitive list 1500 points:

The above spoiler contains my current 1.5k competitive list.

The Farseer is there for twinlinking two Ravagers per turn so he starts on the table. The problem is, unless I deploy the Jetbikes, he has nowhere to go. This is a problem because I'd rather reserve them for T5 contesting/line breaker/objective grabbing.

I've given him a JB so he can move about and get in range to twinlink the Ravagers. Also, if he rolls a good power for the Reavers, he can join them when they come in from reserve. Reavers with 4++ and FNP are excellent! 

I normally deploy my HQ with the wracks outside their Venom in cover somewhere. Preferably completely hidden from view on an objective. This means they normally get forgotten about and don't concede a VP for STWL.

Should I deploy my farseer with them? What are everyone's thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: Where does my Farseer go?   Where does my Farseer go? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 13:35

I've been having phenomenal results running my Jetseer solo with Mantle of the Laughing God. Guaranteed twin link of two units per turn (well, barring a failed test) with the potential of Doom or Fortune added in, with the maneuverability to put Prescience (and maybe even Fortune) on a critical CC bout if needed...phew, I've been getting complaints of how OP it is with a rerollable 2+ cover/3+ armor/4++. If I feel like I really need it I'll run him 'with' Reavers. I know that the Mantle disallows joining units, but since he can move the same as them I'll use them to bubble wrap him, as he definitely doesn't want to be in CC.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Where does my Farseer go?   Where does my Farseer go? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 16:16

Tony Spectacular wrote:
I've been having phenomenal results running my Jetseer solo with Mantle of the Laughing God. Guaranteed twin link of two units per turn (well, barring a failed test) with the potential of Doom or Fortune added in, with the maneuverability to put Prescience (and maybe even Fortune) on a critical CC bout if needed...phew, I've been getting complaints of how OP it is with a rerollable 2+ cover/3+ armor/4++. If I feel like I really need it I'll run him 'with' Reavers. I know that the Mantle disallows joining units, but since he can move the same as them I'll use them to bubble wrap him, as he definitely doesn't want to be in CC.

Yea that does sound really awesome. I was always put off by the huge price tag for that piece of war gear and the fact that it's all over if you get unlucky with a save against a S8 weapon. :/
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Where does my Farseer go?   Where does my Farseer go? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 16:28

mug7703 wrote:
Yea that does sound really awesome. I was always put off by the huge price tag for that piece of war gear and the fact that it's all over if you get unlucky with a save against a S8 weapon. :/

That's fairly unlikely though, strength 8 weaponry will be being used to down your vehicles more reliably, and will probably only have one or two shots. Anyone who fires their high strength, single shot weaponry at a single character with a rerollable 2+ cover save is asking to lose. Or has shots to waste by that point, in which case one guy on a jetbike won't be winning you the game!

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Where does my Farseer go?   Where does my Farseer go? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 17:47

Mr Believer wrote:
mug7703 wrote:

That's fairly unlikely though, strength 8 weaponry will be being used to down  your vehicles more reliably, and will probably only have one or two shots. Anyone who fires their high strength, single shot weaponry at a single character with a rerollable 2+ cover save is asking to lose. Or has shots to waste by that point, in which case one guy on a jetbike won't be winning you the game!

I guess so. Are there any S8 Ap3 flamers in the 40k universe?
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: Where does my Farseer go?   Where does my Farseer go? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 02:55

Not that I know of, but you certainly could face S8 ignores cover, especially facing Tau. Buuuut, that's what the 4++ (potentially rerolling if you're lucky enough to get Fortune) is for.

Sometimes surviving isn't the most important thing. Sometimes it's just as important for you to decide where they are going to be aiming their big guns. One of my favorite Jetseer tactics is to keep him as annoying as possible all game, and then on turn 5 put him juuuuuuust within range of a unit that has the chance to knock one of my scoring units off of an objective. Putting that strong of an annoyance in killing range (especially if it looks accidental Twisted Evil) can prove to be tempting enough to force an error on your opponent's part.

I am freaking loving my Eldar allies!

Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Where does my Farseer go?   Where does my Farseer go? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 05:13

mug7703 wrote:

I guess so. Are there any S8 Ap3 flamers in the 40k universe?

No. But an incinerator is S6 (which is still instant death to us). I think it is only Ap4 though.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Where does my Farseer go?   Where does my Farseer go? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 09:17

Silverglade wrote:
No.  But an incinerator is S6 (which is still instant death to us).    I think it is only Ap4 though.

Nah, he's on a jetbike, he'll be fine :-) Hellhounds are the bane of my life, if there are any of those on the board get rid of them as quickly as you can, they will completely stall your advance if left unchecked. It's all very well and good keeping Wave Serpent passengers alive by hiding them in their transports, but it'll be for nothing if they get cooked as soon as they get out!

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Where does my Farseer go?   Where does my Farseer go? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 16:01

Okay, so I put the question out there. What should I tweak in my list to run him with that war gear. The only option I can see is removing the 3 blasters from my 3 warrior squads. That'll get me enough points to spend on Mantle of the Laughing God and maybe a Venom Blade for my HQ?

It's that or deploy him with either the wracks/haemononculi or start the jetbikes on the table.

What is the verdict of the omniscient Dark City?
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: Where does my Farseer go?   Where does my Farseer go? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 11:27

Sure, do that. I, for one, have gotten very little utility out of the Blasters in warrior squads. The occasional pot shot, but for the most part it has gone by the wayside. If it were on a character and I could pray for the occasional Precision Shot then it might be more useful, but really it generally does nothing all game. Dark matter weapons, to me, are only useful en masse. 4 Blasterborn get the job done, as does a Ravager, but one standing alone is all but useless. That's why my Raiders always take Disintegrators.

PostSubject: Re: Where does my Farseer go?   Where does my Farseer go? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where does my Farseer go?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: