THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2 v 2 synergy thoughts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
panic
Hellion

2 v 2 synergy thoughts Empty
PostSubject: 2 v 2 synergy thoughts   2 v 2 synergy thoughts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 19:33

Hi guys,

Never played 2v2.. looking to chat about synergy with chaos..

We have assumed 3k per team.. with both players having a FOC each.. (at least we guess this is what the 2v2s at GWHQ points will be??)

I'm personally open to any build though generally I venom spam , 3 ravagerswith fasts being reavers and a big khymera pack (I have 18khymera)..

That being said my partner favours a 'shooty' heavy chaos list..

I'm open to change as is he..

So, thoughts? TAC of course..

Duplicate thread deleted.  Gob.
Back to top Go down
Blutvogt
Hellion
Blutvogt

PostSubject: Re: 2 v 2 synergy thoughts   2 v 2 synergy thoughts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 05:37

so do it like you said, you deliver a lot of poisen(venom spam), speed and most of the cc punch(beastpack/incubi/etc), he should stick to deliver the firepower in form of oblits, havocs, helldrakes and deep stricking terminators.could be a quick nice combo.
Back to top Go down
panic
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2 v 2 synergy thoughts   2 v 2 synergy thoughts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 08:51

So then a nurgle list.. lots of firepower and strong objective holders? You think he should go troop light, just enough to hold then invest the rest in ranged firepower with some potential deepstrike threat?

Reavers in reserve ?

Beastpack I'm inclined to run down the middle, given pain token apt start to act as a heat sink for fire..allowing the rest to flank quickly.. should they not decide to shoot the beasts they are in for multi charge fun time.. should I run baron with them? I get the feeling I'm going to see a lot of ADL's with gunlines...

A raider with wracks followed by an incubi venom and a couple wych venom with hwg in front?

Should I take a couple DL ravagers or invest in further cqc priority?

Back to top Go down
Blutvogt
Hellion
Blutvogt

PostSubject: Re: 2 v 2 synergy thoughts   2 v 2 synergy thoughts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 09:27

if you ask me, nurgle would be a good choice, but i also meant long range AT and if it's possible to deep strike behind those ADL gunlines, would help. the baron is a big plus for a beastpack, ecspecially when there is ADl with a lot of troops behind. i wouldn't keep the reavers in reserve, i would turbo-boost right up to him and blaidevaine the crap of of him and create chaos in his lines.if you should take ravagers or more cqc, i think you should talk to your buddy about his army set-up, but it's never wrong to have two ravagers with you. when you show up with the beasts, wracks,incubi and whiches i think you have enough cqc elements in your army, fill the rest up with shotting, i would say.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: 2 v 2 synergy thoughts   2 v 2 synergy thoughts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2013, 10:15

I agree with above.

Since DE are fragile in nature, nurgle marines/stuff would complement really well!

Nurgle Oblits is hard to remove and pack a punch, costs alot though. Nurgle troops are good objective holders and usually cheap for its role. Transport for these are recommended. Give them plasma guns for more and ok cheap firepower and AT/AP2 threat.

If you need range firepower usually havocs with 4x autocannons do good for its cost, but contests with Oblits. You should have enough slots though for both units, just don't put even numbers of oblits in each squad. I'ld skip oblits though, go 3 autocannon squads for all that firepower and cheap. This should leave you points to get enough nurgle troop squads +plasma guns with transport. I believe the optimal nurgle marines in each squad is 9.

For HQ, I would try and fit in a sorcerer(cheap and powerful with right spells like shroud etc), but you need a Lord first with nurgle mark Sad

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
panic
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2 v 2 synergy thoughts   2 v 2 synergy thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 09:53

Ok brilliant thanks taking all into account in our lists!

Another question is a monc for 50 pts worth the pain token for the beasts? Seeing as they will be the hopeful fire sync.. I'm running 3 bm 13 khymera and baron so then need to kill 5 to force a leadership as is so I'm not convinced I actually need the pain token but then cos of the size of the blob I think it may be worth it..
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 2 v 2 synergy thoughts   2 v 2 synergy thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 11:52

panic wrote:
We have assumed 3k per team.. with both players having a FOC each.. (at least we guess this is what the 2v2s at GWHQ points will be??)

Are you talking about the Battle Brothers tournaments at Warhammer World? If so they are actually only 1500 points and one FOC per team.

Rules pack here

panic
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2 v 2 synergy thoughts   2 v 2 synergy thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 12:09

Oh thats the one thank you!!!

In regards to this new highlight I shall take the allied FOC as I cba arguing over it..

In brief I'm considering

Baron
3 beast master 13 khymera

9 wyches heka vb pgl, hydras raider

Ravager lances

Leaves about 150 pts.. maybe some trueborn with a venom all splinter cannons?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 v 2 synergy thoughts   2 v 2 synergy thoughts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 v 2 synergy thoughts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: