THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Forge World Models

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eganize
Slave
Eganize

Dark Eldar Forge World Models Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Forge World Models   Dark Eldar Forge World Models I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 17:21

Simple question: Are any of our Dark Bretheran FW models any good? I love the look of them and was debating about getting them. A friend told me no and said to go Eldar allies instead? Question

ALL input and ideas welcome.

Lord of the Kabal of the Bronze Shadow (2000ish Points)
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Forge World Models   Dark Eldar Forge World Models I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 22:11

Tantalus I used in a couple games, now consider that most of my meta is IG, and it got blown up in round one of every game. Every game I had it hidden and the scatter dice shot the barrage to the figure. Horrible luck.
Otherwise i like it and the idea of it. Im sure I could get more out of it after I figure out more of the mechanics of the game.

Is the Dark Reaper worth it? Absolutely in my limited experience with this game. It has 2 weapon types. That includes a Haywire blaster that has awesome rules. Can also use it as a tempelet weapon.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Eganize
Slave
Eganize

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Forge World Models   Dark Eldar Forge World Models I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 22:42

I love the models, and I as well love the 16 man transport aspect. (ALOT of wracks and Grots eh? Maybe True-Born...) It also has great blade vanes and such... but it seems like its basically a fire magnet eh? Did you try deep striking it?

Hmm I also may get a Reaper now that you say that. Might be good against a land raider...

Any knowledge for the FW flyers?

Lord of the Kabal of the Bronze Shadow (2000ish Points)
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Forge World Models   Dark Eldar Forge World Models I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27 2013, 00:17

The Tantalus definitely is a fire magnet. But it has 4 hull points, can tank shock, should the need arise, and can deep strike without retrofire jets.

The Reaper is a neat model, but I think it suffers from two severe problems:
1.: One gun syndrome. Basically it's just a beefed up Raider for double the cost. Its s5 small blast and its s7 D3 Haywire look good on paper, but they aren't too reliable to cause damage, at least not better than a run-of-the-mill Ravager.
2.: It's expensive. 60$/45€ for a Raider,some armor plating, a bigger sail, a gun, two blades and some tubing isn't a great deal in my eyes.

The Dark Eldar Flyer(s) aren't much to speak of either.
The old Razorwing isn't sold anymore and is outright bad. At a cost of two ravagers and a load out of a twin-linked dark lance, a twin linked s4 assault 4 splinter cannon and a Terrorfex (an old Codex, rather reliable pinning weapon) it's not aged well.
The Raven isn't much cheaper, offers a non twin linked splinter cannon and no Terrorfex, but it has Vector Dancer and Strafing run. I heard the SC was FAQed to be a modern SC, but that ruins it even more, because it is now totally wasted against vehicles. The Raven also has only 2 hull points.
Both these models are heinously ugly in my opinion. They matched the old Raiders and Reavers, but in a new DE army they are just out of place, especially when the new flyers are better and cheaper.

The Third DE Flyer is a Phoenix bomber, which I only found in IA 11, as a part of the corsair list. So it's not strictly DE, but it's actually worth a look.
It's still a little bit cheaper than two Ravagers, but it brings 6 s5, 6 s6 and 2 s8 AP2 shots and can be kitted out for AI duty with 6 s4 blast, 6 s6 and 4 s6 AP2 shots for just 10pts.
Additionally it gets shrouded, vector dancer and strafing run.

If you're already delving into Eldar/Corsair territory have a look at the Nightwing interceptor. The cheapest of the lot, just a little bit over a single Ravager, a Fast Attack choice and an incredible AA load out with 6 s6 and 2 s8 AP2 lance shots, shrouded and vector dancer it's a real bargain.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Forge World Models   Dark Eldar Forge World Models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Forge World Models
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: