THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tropy 3 tournament

Go down 
AuthorMessage
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

Tropy 3 tournament Empty
PostSubject: Tropy 3 tournament   Tropy 3 tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27 2013, 15:59

well tournament time again, missed the first 2 this year due to work commitments but good to go for this one
basics- scoring 50% games 25% painting 25% sportsman.  5 games over the weekend.
I won this one about a year ago, didn't win all my games but my consistent high marks for sports and painting gets my overall score up there.

The List
Urien Rakarth
Haemonculus- WWP,VB & crucible
4x Urien Grots  liquifier gun, abberation with VB,  raider with FF and TGL's (urien's body guard)
9x wracks LG, acothyst, VB  raider with FF & TGL's    (haemys body guard)
10 wracks 2x LG's  acothyst   raider with FF and TGL's
5 wyches  HWG  venom with 2 SC
6 reaver's with 2 HL's and 2 gravtalons
Cronos with spirit vortex
Talos with  chain flails and CCW
Razorwing with FF

Not really expecting to win many games with this list but it should be fun

Basic Tactics
talos, cronos, jet fighter in reserve.

pick a spot in the enemy line and land the grots and 1 unit of wracks right in front of it, creating a Neg 1 Ld bubble, the bikes will then baldevane through and try for a pinning test. (ive playtested this tactic and it works a lot better than it looks on paper)

the other heamy just has to drop the portal and if still alive get back on the raider and keep going

suicide wyches just to take out a vehicle or 2

when (if) the talos and cronos come out of the WWP Ill send them to a target of opportunity. The cronos's job is to buff the talos with tokens as quickly as possble.

razor wing is only really there as my anti flyer

these tactics can be adjusted accordingly depending on what army im facing and the experience of my opponent.

the lack of anti tank is a problem but if the gots or talos get in close well there toast.

ive also found that inexperienced players tend to panic and make mistakes when half your army lands 1" away from him in the first turn

depending on alcohol consumption ill post up some reports on how I did at the end of each day
Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

Tropy 3 tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tropy 3 tournament   Tropy 3 tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2013, 10:25

well what a day first game was against vanilla SM length of the table deployment and kill points
everything worked well and went smoothly i ended up with 9KP to 5Kp and all the bonus secondary points

2nd game Vs Eldar what an absolute terrible game, despite plenty of cover i didn't manage to make 1 cover or FF save and lost every transport in the first turn. he then just stayed out of range and blew me off the table game was done by turn 3. the only highlight was urien getting into close combat with the wraithknight and killing him in 1 turn.

3rd game Vs Tau same as above plenty of cover and nightfight but i failed every cover/FF save and lost all transports in the first turn, i still manage to hang on till the 5th turn.
Urien and his bodyguard of 4 grots got stuck in combat with ONE battlesuit for 6 CC phases. Pathetic can't even beat Tau in CC

several underperforming dice were hurled out the window of the car on the way home

3rd game Vs Tau another hor
Back to top Go down

Tropy 3 tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Tournaments, Events & Games
-
Jump to: