THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Oh snap...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xelkireth
In Exile

Oh snap... Empty
PostSubject: Oh snap...   Oh snap... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 11:31

Tabletop Fix wrote:
This one is short and sweet, but packs one hell of a lot of excitement in a single sentence:
Summer of next year, the first product in Privateer Press’ all new science fiction setting Level 7 will be released worldwide.
And this could be a very big bad bit of news for Games Workshop.

Source: http://ttfix.blogspot.com/2011/06/privateer-press-level-7-scifi-game.html
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Oh snap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh snap...   Oh snap... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 19:34

I'd like to think that it might prove to be a kick in the pants that will get them to up their game a bit in certain areas, but given the sheer arrogance shown so far this year, I kinda doubt it.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Oh snap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh snap...   Oh snap... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 04:05

I dunno. With Mantic Games and now Privateer Press, someone is bound to notice. Hopefully, it's someone with the position to do something. I love 40k and would hate to see the game disappear due to arrogance, but welcome the spirited competition.
Back to top Go down
catharsix
Slave

Oh snap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh snap...   Oh snap... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 01:51

Xelkireth wrote:
I dunno. With Mantic Games and now Privateer Press, someone is bound to notice. Hopefully, it's someone with the position to do something. I love 40k and would hate to see the game disappear due to arrogance, but welcome the spirited competition.

i second this. the biggest problem with GW is that they are the 300 pound gorilla. what does a 300 pound gorilla do? whatever it wants. without the pressure of real competition, it can ignore its customers, knowing that they will come crawling back, no matter how poorly they are treated. true competitive pressure would potentially create more response to customers wishes and perhaps not so many price increases.

that said, i simply don't see the same level of quality even at Privateer. in general they're probably the best non-GW minis out there, but they don't have any sculptors even in the same universe of skill as Jes Goodwin, or even Juan Diaz, or several others working for GW. Privateer would need to rectify that quality of design gap before they could seriously pose a threat to GW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oh snap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh snap...   Oh snap... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh snap...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Other News & Rumours
-