THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?

Go down 
+5
shadowseercB
The_Burning_Eye
Mushkilla
Vasara
Haemonculus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Haemonculus
Hellion
Haemonculus

Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? Empty
PostSubject: Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?   Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 02:44

Has anyone ever realized that The Razorwing Jetfighter is really more of a Bomber then the Voidraven? and that the Voidraven Bomber is really more of a Jet fighter then the Razorwing?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?   Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 05:13

Yes

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?   Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 06:49

There have been many before you who have known this terrible truth. Many are still tormented by it to this very day.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?   Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 08:37

The names have been influenced by the secondary weapons they carry - missiles are traditionally carried by fighters, and bombs (ie the mine) by bombers.

It would have been relatively simple to swap things around to make them more understandable - strip the missiles off the razorwing and make them an optional extra, equipping it with the void lances instead, and then making the missiles standard with the void mine and dissies on the bomber.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?   Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 17:46

Mushkilla wrote:
There have been many before you who have known this terrible truth. Many are still tormented by it to this very day.

I have 3 that I only used 4 times. Mad 
Back to top Go down
Haemonculus
Hellion
Haemonculus

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?   Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 02:57

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
The names have been influenced by the secondary weapons they carry - missiles are traditionally carried by fighters, and bombs (ie the mine) by bombers.

Honestly, if they just switched the names it would make more sense. The razorwing jetfighters missiles are all anti infantry and can take disintegrators. The voidtaven bomber only has on bomb thats small and the same stats as a void lance.. which is obliously much better for jetfighting.

It would have been relatively simple to swap things around to make them more understandable - strip the missiles off the razorwing and make them an optional extra, equipping it with the void lances instead, and then making the missiles standard with the void mine and dissies on the bomber.
Back to top Go down
Haemonculus
Hellion
Haemonculus

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?   Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 03:01

If they had just simply switched the names it would make much more sense.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?   Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 07:10

Or moved away from names that are no longer used in an era of multirole aircraft. They are both clearly multirole, having AA and AS (air to surface) capacity. They should have simply been called: Razorwing and Voidraven, without the inaccurate descriptor appended on the end.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?   Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 07:44

Eh, most countries still field many dedicated fighters and bombers and such craft are also still cutting line. I agree with the base idea insomuch as someone probably could have looked at the weapon stats and pointed out 'hey, the 'bomber' is better at killing vehicles and the 'fighter' is better at killing infantry' and maybe they could have done something or called them something less specific in role concept.

That said, in the grand scheme of GW gaffs, this one is not likely to keep me up at night wondering about how they could be so silly Wink

Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?   Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09 2013, 12:30

and then GW twist the knife by giving the eldar a dual kit for their flyer's, using the basic chassis from the razorwing.
Back to top Go down
lobo60
Hellion
lobo60

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?   Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09 2013, 16:08

Lol they twist the knife on themselves because we can call it a voidraven or razorwing in whatever build Smile
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?   Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09 2013, 16:22

I don't think I've ever actually used my Razorwing model as a Razorwing. It's proxied for a Voidraven on many occasions and a Crimson Hunter once or twice but never an actual Razorwing.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?   Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidravens... what?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: