THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What does a Crone World look like?

Go down 
+2
Jack Frost
Dogmar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

What does a Crone World look like? Empty
PostSubject: What does a Crone World look like?   What does a Crone World look like? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05 2013, 08:09

In the Eldar fluff there are mentions of the old eldar home worlds - the so called Crone Worlds that have been devastated during the fall and now are a home to all sorts of perils living in the Eye of Terror.

What do you think these "daemonic" worlds look like now? I'd think they are similar to the forgotten Satellite Realms of Commoragh that have been ravaged by daemons.

Examples:
The rust world within the Webway. In Path of the Incubus / Renegade there is a part where they have to re-enter the city through a long unused portal leading to a planet that seems to be entirely made of rust. The world is home to some sort of metallic creatures with sharp claws hunting in the wastes.

The Satellite Realm Shaa'Dom where El Uriaq lived. This world seems to be more or less intact or at least didn't suffer a complete transformation like that rust world did. The place has just become life-less and destroyed, but didn't turn demonic itself.

There is the world Morr and Motley travel through while on the way to Morrs Shrine, where the ghosts of a long forgotten time fight an eternal battle on an ash waste. The realm seems to not have any daemons on it though, just the "natural perils" of being a pretty unfriendly wasteland to begin with.

Before returning to Lileathanir they are on an Ancient Eldar world that served as a Webway Hub, having lots and lots of portals to just about anywhere in the galaxy / the webway. The world is completely empty except for the portals and some ancient relics, or so it is described. Once it must have been some kind of forge world of the Eldar and even though it seems to have been destroyed during the fall there is no daemons there.

What would you imagine other crone worlds / satellite realms to look like?
Back to top Go down
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

PostSubject: Re: What does a Crone World look like?   What does a Crone World look like? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05 2013, 09:19

I believe they visit one in the HH novel: The First Heretic. Either that book or A Thousand Sons.
The world is shown as a beautiful Eldar paradise that goes through the history of the planet in fast forward. The planet is slowly consumed by red deamons and eventually flooded by blood and all the wraithbone structures are washed away or left to decay and the planet becomes a barren tomb.
Something like that...?

-Jack-
Back to top Go down
http://jmsjacobsen@gmail.com
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: What does a Crone World look like?   What does a Crone World look like? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05 2013, 09:35

Well, I would probably think that they would all be vastly different from each other, and it would probably affect on what kind of places they were before on what they would be after the Fall.

I would imagine first a big red desert with dunes and stuff, then maybe some large, red cliffs. And then there is this kind of 'sandstorm' but the sand is actually... dust mixed with... uhm, daemonic... umm... well, some daemon-stuff. 'Chaos-sand', that is not healthy to breathe! Then this place would have some buried ruins under the sand, but they are not easy to find.
But then I suppose some could have more ruins, like some place that used to be a massive city with skyscrapers and all. These sort would probably be covered in those, and you couldn't get to natural ground at all, just walk around the ruins.

Of portals, I dont really know. But if I understood correctly a lot of Eldar worlds should have them, some more than others, and they would lead to plenty of places. And well, in Path of the Incubus, it felt like those portals were very difficult to destroy, that they preserved well.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: What does a Crone World look like?   What does a Crone World look like? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05 2013, 20:04

I quess the appearance of the Crone World varies a lot. There have been descriptions of ones that are fullf-blown Daemon Worlds, shaped by the whims of the Chaos Gods, but some descriptions (like Path of the Renegade) have Crone Worlds that are just covered with ancient Eldar ruins (and populated by ghosts and Daemons).
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: What does a Crone World look like?   What does a Crone World look like? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10 2013, 18:59

depends on the god who took it over's whim.

Some daemons love to mold it to whatever they want, others are probably desolate.

Heck, might also run into some Chaos Eldar there as well who are just homesick Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: What does a Crone World look like?   What does a Crone World look like? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2013, 05:42

I hate admitting it, but there is such a thing as chaos eldar, they are very few though, few enough to almost forget to mention them in fluff. Their numbers are insignificant enough to not really give them much attention as an army. There have been projects, I remember the first grey knights codex, had some chaos eldar stuff in it.

Most chaos eldar come and live on crone worlds, the chaos eldar not living on such world are just so rare, even rarer.

Now an interesting fact: not all eldar on cronosworlds are chaos worshipper, some just stay there or have some business to attend to. Waystones are produced on crone worlds, this is the only way to get these, you need to go on such a planet to collect them.

Deamonic infestations are always the same boring thing, nothing different from when it's on a human world or any other similar case.

Like most people have mentioned, either it was just an old eldar world, not inhabitants, just old jungle ,all tainted and deformed, or the planet had eldar cities, now in ruins with daemonic tainting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does a Crone World look like?   What does a Crone World look like? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What does a Crone World look like?
Page 1 of 1