THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chapterhouse Kickstarter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Chapterhouse Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Chapterhouse Kickstarter   Chapterhouse Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2013, 04:41

Chapterhouse Studios who just finished their big legal battle with GW has started a kickstarter for their line of race specific "Aegis Defense Line" products.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1877613212/28mm-wargaming-sci-fi-trenches-and-emplacements-te?ref=activity
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse Kickstarter   Chapterhouse Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2013, 05:47

Might need to check that one out...

Speaking of Kickstarter, by your sig should I take it you supported some jailbirds or something? I went in myself and am looking forward to a bunch of Iron Legion.

I think I'm going to use Jynx with my DE forces...

edit - Oh lords, I just read some of their donation levels. The 'sketch of the legal battle' concept has me laughing and proves there is a hilarious mix of big balls and funny attitudes on their side of things.

Also, funny personal opinion maybe - I like both the Eldar and Chaos walls better than the DE wall for use with DE armies...go figure.

I may need to support this one too though, they look pretty good and could be nice in my 'streets of Commoragh' map.

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse Kickstarter   Chapterhouse Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2013, 17:13

I'm a Herald for The Toughest Girls of the Galaxy KS, hence my sig. It was a way to get my foot in the door as their 2nd Kickstarter (probably near the end of the year) is going to be a scifi dark elf line. After that the have a "SoB" line planned. They are working on their own rules set to use with the armies as well.

I wanted to get Harry, Jinx and Charlie but I am broke this week so its a no go.

As for Chapterhouse, yeah they are taking a slightly humorous attitude towards their recent legal battle. But hey can you blame them. The damages GW was a awarded is a pittance and GW lost a lot more than they gained.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse Kickstarter   Chapterhouse Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2013, 17:32

Oooh, I knew about the SoB stuff but was unaware of the sci-fi elves line. Curses, they are really going to be hitting at my pocket aren't they?

If you're not donating at a 'get the freebies' level they are offering the ability to buy them separate - each of the mascots is $8 so $24 for the whole lot of them.

If that's beyond your means right at this stage I would be willing to buy them up and ship them to you after they arrive for the price of the models and shipping if you're interested in getting them at the current discount they're offering.

To be honest, I'm in for one of the boxes and though I definitely want Jynx, and may want Charlie, I am neutral on the Hippo - so at the very least would probably be willing to sell/trade him and maybe Charlie to you at a nice discount later (as a third possibility)

Also, yes, GW stepped in with all its clothes on as far as the court case goes. CHS did lose some things, but for what they were risking their gains were substantial.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse Kickstarter   Chapterhouse Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2013, 23:38

Locking this thread, please see the thread in DE news and rumours, please do a search for existing threads before starting your own.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse Kickstarter   Chapterhouse Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07 2013, 01:38

Haha, you forgot to actually lock it. Plus since it wasnt DE specific I didnt think to look in DE rumors but where it should be here in other so Razz 
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse Kickstarter   Chapterhouse Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07 2013, 05:04

Each man to your corner.
Any eyes that are gouged out need to be returned.
First man banned loses.

Fight!
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse Kickstarter   Chapterhouse Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09 2013, 00:36

Got any popcorn Thor?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse Kickstarter   Chapterhouse Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09 2013, 05:07

Chapterhouse Kickstarter Jon-stewart-popcorn11
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse Kickstarter   Chapterhouse Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2013, 00:34

Do not pass go, do not collect £200.

Anything related to DE goes in DE News, silly. They're also horrible and you can see the lack of interest in them here on the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse Kickstarter   Chapterhouse Kickstarter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapterhouse Kickstarter
Page 1 of 1