THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drazhar and Spirit Seer

Go down 
+3
Archon_Demetrious
Black Death
lobo60
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lobo60
Hellion
lobo60

Drazhar and Spirit Seer Empty
PostSubject: Drazhar and Spirit Seer   Drazhar and Spirit Seer I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09 2013, 15:06

Ok so I am thinking about trying this combo out, the spirit Seer gives his squad shrouded and stealth special rule while Drazhar is a bad MFer in combat so I was thinking about combining the two. Now the only trouble is you cannot include the spirit seer in your vehicle and you would have to go it on foot. but then again you could (for a price) get a higher amount of incubi and if lucky you roll a 4 on the runes of battle you get proctect/jinx (+1 armor save/-1 armor save for enemy up to 18"). that would give the unit a 2+ cover save in cover and 4+ cover save in the open. also if by chance (even though we don't like leaving things to chance) we get that protect/ jinx, your Incubi will have a 2+ regular save or if you will it you could jinx any opponent a -1 save (4+ save marines, 3+save terminators)

this may be a dumb idea and I may loose my Drazhar fairly early without his vehicle but, hey worth a try for fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar and Spirit Seer   Drazhar and Spirit Seer I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09 2013, 18:39

It is a sound plan. Try it out and report back how it worked. I'm still on the fence about taking allies, hard enough filling a list with 1 army.

Hellion
lobo60

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar and Spirit Seer   Drazhar and Spirit Seer I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09 2013, 20:11

I definately will and I would only take eldar allies simply that they really add to our army and farseers are the best support we could ask for.
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar and Spirit Seer   Drazhar and Spirit Seer I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 05:51

Drazhar can only join Incubi so I believe this tactic can't work
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar and Spirit Seer   Drazhar and Spirit Seer I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 06:29

The Spirit seer also joins the incubi?

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
lobo60
Hellion
lobo60

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar and Spirit Seer   Drazhar and Spirit Seer I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 15:38

Hes an independent character he can join anyone and yes the spirit seer joins the incübi. It actually worked great!
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar and Spirit Seer   Drazhar and Spirit Seer I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 17:01

Useless. Pardon my radical opinion.

Whenever i read such an idea like.
Ok lets take super expensive squad (ranged or else), add it with a super expensive close combat character and expensive buffer, allright it will be super inkillable, just look at all those wounds/cover/psychic powers.
Yeah.

And lets go kill everybody. On foot.

Its like, only this explain my emotions at this point. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaSP7ZnnMlw.

Sorry for my directness. It comes with good intentions.
This is how Space Marine would have played. And this is really not far off in points (20) from Lysander and 8 Terminators. Only those have true 2+ save, T4, deep strike and they are scary.

Incubi can be fried by first hell turkey. It wont work in competitive environment.
Back to top Go down
lobo60
Hellion
lobo60

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar and Spirit Seer   Drazhar and Spirit Seer I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 17:54

Lol true, I just tried it in my game.it worked great against the tau player I played. It requires cover to be super effective. Turkeys would probably fry them but then again he frys my raiders. Spirit seers are only 70 points fora lvl 2 psyker. Maybe it wouldn't work for your army or you wouldn't even enjoy running it but I had a blast with it because of how many units I wiped. But thanks for your input it definately would not be in any tournament list
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar and Spirit Seer   Drazhar and Spirit Seer I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 20:48

You could always put a haeme with them to give them FNP from the off I have ran 10 man unit of grits before foot slogging with great success Smile.
Back to top Go down
lobo60
Hellion
lobo60

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar and Spirit Seer   Drazhar and Spirit Seer I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 20:56

Yup lol foot slogging is not always a bad thing they where worried about the wraith knight the whole game. Which is folly because he survived the game anyway:lol: 
Back to top Go down
Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar and Spirit Seer   Drazhar and Spirit Seer I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 22:51

lobo60 wrote:
Ok so I am thinking about trying this combo out, the spirit Seer gives his squad shrouded and stealth special rule
Spirit Seer grants shrouded (via conceal power), but how are you getting stealth? I don't have Iyandin supplement, but it's certainly not an ability in the main Eldar codex. So your cover save in the open would be 5+.

As for an incubi foot squad, I can't see it performing well vs a competent opponent. You'd need to build the rest of you list around it, providing enough other foot distractions to give the unit a chance to survive. Perhaps you could post your list so we could see it in context (since you imply that you've tried it out)?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar and Spirit Seer   Drazhar and Spirit Seer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drazhar and Spirit Seer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: