THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar 1750.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Eldar 1750. Empty
PostSubject: Eldar 1750.   Eldar 1750. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2013, 01:51

Not sure if I am supposed to post this here or in the craft world discussion?

This is a pure Eldar list that I thinking up.
This army will usually (depending on the situation)be a reserve army reserving the bikes, flyer, spiders and walkers.  

So usually start with the autarch, 2 serpants, rangers and wraithknight.

1749 eldar

Autarch w/ mantle, laser lance, bike, banshee mask (for reserve manipulation and to be a pain in the butt)

2xdire avengers in wave serpants with twin scatter, shuriken cannon and holofields.

2x3 bikes. For contesting (the autarch will keep them in reserve for as long as he can)

5 rangers

Crimson hunter (for some AA and AI)

2x 9 warp spiders (tons of st6/7 sometime ap1 shots and hit and run)

Wraithknight. 2 Wraithcannons. St10 ap 2. Woot woot! For my brick/tank hunting/support my lines kind if guy.

2x2 war walkers w/ 2 scatter lasers each. (My usually out flanking boys. Luv'em)

This list scary? Balanced? Sucky?

Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

Eldar 1750. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar 1750.   Eldar 1750. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2013, 06:47

Nice list though I think it goes in the elder section.
A few thoughts though.
It maybe a good idea to add either a fusion gun or a reaper launcher to the autarch for a bit of ranged goodness to take advantage of his tasty 2+ rerollable cover save, something that the lance doesn't do since he'll be in cc with it.
Another thought is that changing the load out with the warwalkers may be a good idea. if you math hammer it out SLxSC is better than straight SLxSL against ever target except for GEQ, including light vehicles.
Are the avengers min squads or the full ten?
Have you tried an Exarch with rifle in you spider squads? always being Ap1 is very nice and the 18 inch range helps extend the kill range of your spinners a great deal which helps them be safer.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Eldar 1750. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar 1750.   Eldar 1750. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2013, 15:26

moved to Craftworld Eldar and Corsairs Section

*mod hat off*

Overall I like the list. I agree though that you want some sort of ranged weapon on the Autarch (most likely a fusion gun) as the lance isnt going to be useful against most tanks. Add in that you want to wreck tanks and then assault their gooy insides... its well worth the points.

I am also not a fan of the dual SL on the warwalkers anymore. You lose out on the TL nature (by RAW) and its just extra range and shots for points. If your going to outflank them, you might as well just take SC or the previously suggested SL/SC as they will be most likely in range anyway. But I say try it out and see if you like it.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Eldar 1750. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar 1750.   Eldar 1750. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2013, 15:55

The avenger units are 5 strong.

I will definitely try out the SL/SC on the walkers. That will save me 20 pts. I would love to add an exarch with the spiders but not sure where I can get enough extra points. I have 20 from the walkers and can prob drop the mask from the autarch. So 25pts. I could drop the SC's from the serpants as well. Not sure if they are necessary? So that would give me 45pts. A melta on the autarch is tempting. That would be 10points well spent.

Any suggestions on where I could get points for spider autarchs? If it is really worth it that is?

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Eldar 1750. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar 1750.   Eldar 1750. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2013, 00:05

Would it be worth dropping the spiders down from 9 to 8 and taking an exarch with a spinner for the extra range?  
Does this list look better? The autarch has a melta and the spiders are slightly smaller but have a better kill range. Got the extra points from changing the war walkers to have scatter laser/shuriken cannon.

Autarch w/fusion gun, mantle, laser lance, bike, banshee mask (for reserve manipulation and to be a pain in the butt)

2x5 dire avengers in wave serpants with twin scatter, shuriken cannon and holofields.

2x3 bikes. For contesting (the autarch will keep them in reserve for as long as he can)

5 rangers

Crimson hunter (for some AA and AI)

2x 8 warp spiders including exarch with Spinneret rifle (tons of st6/7 sometime ap1 shots and hit and run. The spinneret has a longer range and so increases the kill zone of the unit)

Wraithknight. 2 Wraithcannons. St10 ap 2. Woot woot! For my brick/tank hunting/support my lines kind if guy.

2x2 war walkers w/  scatter lasers/shuriken cannon(My usually out flanking boys. Luv'em)

This is 1741 pts.  Would it be worth dropping the banshee mask from the autarch to give one of the spider exarchs fast shot?

This list better than the first?

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Eldar 1750. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar 1750.   Eldar 1750. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2013, 10:43

From what I have seen dire avengers don't do much in minimum squads and are too squishy to survive out of their transport. For 25 more points you can get 10 guardians, these can threaten anything within 24-30" with 20 BS4 S4 rending shots. So if you can free up the points you would get some far more useful troops in your serpents. At least in my opinion.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Eldar 1750. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar 1750.   Eldar 1750. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2013, 18:28

Good point mush. I had thought about that before, but was not sure on where to get the points from.
I would always drop the exarch upgrade from the spider units (so 8 spiders instead 8including exarch) to give me the 50 points needed.
doing this does reduce the threat/kill zone of the spiders a bit, but it seems like it would be worth it?
is it worth loosing the spider kill zone along with 1-2 guaranteed ap1 st6-7 shots?
probably is I am guessing.

Also what is your take on the underslung shuriken cannon on the serpants? it is really needed. it always seems worth it to me, but if I need extra points that seems like a good place to get them.

Eldar 1750. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar 1750.   Eldar 1750. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar 1750.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: