THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First proper games and its a tournament =S

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
m4nc3r
Slave

First proper games and its a tournament =S Empty
PostSubject: First proper games and its a tournament =S   First proper games and its a tournament =S I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2013, 15:12

Heey. I joined last year when I first started purchasing my army.
I posted a couple times and read a lot, but in the end I didn't manage to get in enough games to get me rooted into this games and the various card games drew me back.

Back then, I had a total of 2 practice games with under 1000 pts each. Neither of us really knew the rules and I don't think I learnt anything from those games apart from how to use the tape measure lol

Now I'm back. And entered into a campaign / tournament style thing - argh!
I've played 2 games already, one I got a lot of help with tactics at the start of the game, and it swiftly became obvious that I was going to win, it was just a matter of turns.
My 2nd game was objectives against nids, with WAY to much cover on the board I had no line of site for the first 2 turns, so I was sitting back a little picking off units as they approached, ready to attack his objective holding units turn 4/5 and disembark turn 5 onto my own objectives to swipe the game. Annoyingly he had to leave in the middle of my turn 4, and with no set date we could pick up where we left off we had to call it a day. This mean't I had no units holding objectives and so he was technically the "winner" - but I'm confident that I would have won had the game actually gone on for its proper duration and I think realistically my game plan was right to keep my units protected until the turn I would need them out.

Anyway, so I'm doing okay so far, but I haven't had to go up against any flyers yet... that isn't going to be to pretty so when i do, I'm hoping to just speed around and take as much of the rest of the game as possible, only trying to hit the flyer if I really have to.

This is the list I'm using and can't be changed now for the rest of the games, however some advice on changes you would make for the future would be great as I'm really enjoying it now and want to play more!

10 kabals w/ splinter cannon
Raider w/ S racks, NShields (DL)
X2
= 360

8 wyches w/ HWG
Haemi w/ liquifier
Raider w/ sails (Dizzie)
= 221

5 wyches w/ HWG
Venom w/ splinter cannon
= 125

5 wracks w/ liquifier
Venom w/ splinter cannon
=125

3 true born. 2 w/ S.cannon
Venom w/ splinter cannon
= 121

4 true born w/ blasters
Venom w/ splinter cannon
= 173

Ravager w/ NS & FF
X3 (DL)
= 375

=1500 pts exactly.

Ideally I wanted all my raiders with dizzies... but I didn't declare them in the list I submitted and 2 of the models *have* dark lances on them so I thought it would be more sporting to stick with how they appeared. (Its a casual home-run tournament, so I could have proxied without a problem... but if doing so I prefer to declare everything)

I'm not sure how much I like the splinterborn. They do fire out a phenomenal amount of shots and have done excellent work, but I only took them over a 2nd squad of blasterborn because a) they were a bit cheaper, and b) I was told originally that the vehicle and crew have to shoot at the same target.
(Really, I barely know how to play this game at all lol)

Opinions on blasterborn vs splinter born maybe??

Also, I have no care for our HQ choices, so I figured I'd get myself an extra scoring unit in the wracks rather than wasting points on something that people are going to target anyway just for the slay the warlord point... good choice, or any of our HQ's resillient enough to be worth the points?

Any help/discussion on how to use things etc would be great, thankyou! x
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: First proper games and its a tournament =S   First proper games and its a tournament =S I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2013, 16:39

Well just a bit of advise..
1. Your passengers can fire at a different target that your transport did. (P 78 in fire point second paragraph)
2. Also you should try to magnetize the dl on the raiders kiblams has a great way to magnetize them( or you can just pin them)
3. You list look good tho maybe for the next point add ravagers they are 125 pts fr 3 dl or dissies which usually kill alot of stuff. 2 of them makes friends but 3 makes enemies lol
Back to top Go down
m4nc3r
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First proper games and its a tournament =S   First proper games and its a tournament =S I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2013, 16:45

Thankyou ^_^
My list does have ravagers... 3 of them =P (its just right down the bottom)

When I get time I may well disassemble a lot of my army and reassemble it, most was put together before I made any kind of list and I let my boyfriend pick the cool looking weapons to put on them ¬.¬
Easier said than done with a 2 yr old around though lmao

And the different targets thing, thats what I mean, when I was creating the list all my friends said you couldn't. (and they *seemed* to know what they were talking about bah!) But when I got to the first game my opponent actually told me that he thought I could so we looked it up, so I know now, just didn't when I submitted the list =P
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: First proper games and its a tournament =S   First proper games and its a tournament =S I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2013, 18:20

Ohh ok well I usually say tell me where in the rulebook it says this or that... Just to show good sportsmanship also put a hekatrix into the haemii squad so the haemii can take the challenge and the hekatrix can get the slicing and dicing
Usually the haemii is good with a venom blade and the hekatrix with either a venom blade or Agoniser..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First proper games and its a tournament =S   First proper games and its a tournament =S I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First proper games and its a tournament =S
Page 1 of 1