THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Venomed Shadow

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
holanes
Slave
holanes

Kabal of the Venomed Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Venomed Shadow   Kabal of the Venomed Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16 2013, 19:10

Summary:

The Kabal of the Venomed Shadow is a highly secretive kabal that believes that holding secrets is the key to power. Through a sophisticated network of spies the Venomed Shadow gathers information on all the citizens of the dark city and uses it to racketeer, bribe, and manipulate others to do their bidding. Through this system of secrecy and manipulation the Kabal of the Venomed Shadow has come to be one of the least known and most feared kabals in Cammorragh.

The Leader:

The archon of the Venomed Shadow is almost completely unknown. For those that probe deeply to learn the identity of this covert leader the name Enz comes up frequently. When seekers attempt to find Enz they are met with dozens of mysterious figures who claim to be Enz. No one outside of the kabal knows the true identity of Enz or if Enz is even a real individual, not even the gender of Enz is truely known to the outside.

Organization:

The archons that have come to know the most about Venomed Shadow have learned that the kabal is organized in a very unconventional way and is split into semi-autonomous, clandestine 'cells' that operate to gather information at the direction of their anonymous leader. Every cell knows their 'leader' by the moniker 'Enz', which is used as a codename for any leader in the organization. Many an archon have thought that they had seen the death of Archon Enz only to turn around and receive a message warning them of their impending doom, signed by Enz.

In Game:

I see this as a largely kabalite force potentially with some covert agents (Eldar Ranger Allies). I am considering using the rules for Lady Malys to represent Enz as I like the idea of shifting deployment before a battle and think that it reflects the mysterious nature of the kabal pretty well.

Appearance:

The paint scheme is very dark green with sharp highlights using orange and brass accent colors. I like the GW swirly designs that they have on all the vehicles so I will also incorporate some of that. I'll post some pics later tonight.

I would love to hear some thoughts about how people think I could build a list to reflect this concept. I am also interested in finding out if anyone has any great ideas for dark eldar sniper models.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Venomed Shadow   Kabal of the Venomed Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16 2013, 21:23

Yet again a secretive kabal of which everyone knows very little! I like the idea of how an archon thinks he has assassinated a foe, just before receiving a letter that tells that he hasn't Very Happy
...and I think this archon is using more than just a clone-field to stay unknown.

For a list like this, you probably want at least a few kabalite warrior squads. Maybe they could all have different markings, so that you can see which 'cell' they are from?
For dark eldar snipers, I suggest the standard Eldar rangers, they look great and can be painted to be dark too. Since you need an Eldar HQ to bring rangers, Illic Nightspear seems like a good choice for an agent.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
holanes
Slave
holanes

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Venomed Shadow   Kabal of the Venomed Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16 2013, 22:11

Thanks for the feedback. I won't lie, I am really just thinking that they are the Alpha Legion of Cammorragh.

I love the eldar ranger minis but they are so costly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Venomed Shadow   Kabal of the Venomed Shadow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Venomed Shadow
Page 1 of 1