THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 DE/CWE Beast themed list C+C wanted

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

1850 DE/CWE Beast themed list C+C wanted Empty
PostSubject: 1850 DE/CWE Beast themed list C+C wanted   1850 DE/CWE Beast themed list C+C wanted I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 12:29

Hi.

I am working on a beast themed list with Eldar allies. The thought is to not put all the eggs in one basket but to have a well rounded list also when ignore cover rips the beasts to pieces. Here goes:

Dark Eldar:
+ HQ + (105pts)
   * Baron Sathonyx (105pts)

+ Troops + (611pts)
   * 2x Kabalite Warriors x5 + Venom w extra SC 2*(110pts)
   * Kabalite Warriors x9 + Raider stock (DL) (141pts)
   * 2x Wyches x5 + HWG in Venom w extra SC 2*(125pts)

+ Fast Attack + (228pts)
   * Beastmasters (228pts)
      4 Beastmasters
      10 Dogs
      4 Flocks

+ Heavy Support + (315pts)
   * 3x Ravager (3DL) 3*(105pts)

Eldar:  
+ HQ + (170pts)
   * Farseer Jetbike + Shard of Anaris + Runes of Warding + Singing Spear (170pts)

+ Troops + (420pts)
   * 2x Dire Avengers x5 in Wave Serpent w TL Scatter lasers, Shuri Cannon & Holo-Fields
   2x(210pts)

The idea is quite simple. We have a mix of threats and paper planes with a high level of saturation. Target priority for the enemy will not be the easiest thing. Serpents will be expending shield most of the time (if not always) in order to draw some fire. Ravagers are without FF & NS to align with everything else.

Beasts and wyches will dive in early and quick. Warriors might move out of transports t1-2 depending on enemy and deployments. Farseer is with the beasts as is Baron.

I for sure have enough troops and a decent mix , if anything i could remove one troop option and add some additional flavour, not sure on what tho but  the squad sizes are generally small which is why I've kept it as is.

I'm worried i might have sunk too much points into Beast units, on DE side it's not too bad but Farseer is expensive when kitted fully. Spear was just a filler but shard maybe should be removed?? Anyone with experience of baron + Farseer? Is fearless worth the 40p with this squadsize or do i need to further invest in the beast unit in order for the multiplyer to be worth it? An additional Beastmaster with dogs is 72p for instance.

Any C&C would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
/C

Edit: The list lacks AA but this is intentional as i don't see DE/CWE AA as worth the investment. Our fliers are expensive and paper and the flakmissile options in CWE is too expensive for what you get.
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE/CWE Beast themed list C+C wanted   1850 DE/CWE Beast themed list C+C wanted I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 14:27

I had quite a similar list in mind for adding Eldar allies to my own DE list.

Phiandros wrote:
I for sure have enough troops and a decent mix , if anything i could remove one troop option and add some additional flavour, not sure on what tho but  the squad sizes are generally small which is why I've kept it as is.
I'd keep the number of troop choices as is. Remember that most of these are minimized squads, so once their vehicles blow up (and they are in it), they'll quickly vanish. Make sure you have enough troops left at the end of the game.

Phiandros wrote:
I'm worried i might have sunk too much points into Beast units, on DE side it's not too bad but Farseer is expensive when kitted fully. Spear was just a filler but shard maybe should be removed?? Anyone with experience of baron + Farseer? Is fearless worth the 40p with this squadsize or do i need to further invest in the beast unit in order for the multiplyer to be worth it? An additional Beastmaster with dogs is 72p for instance.
Fearless beasts are most definitely worth the 40 points, at least until you get those three pain tokens. I've had the Baron and beasts run away in two matches recently.

Phiandros wrote:
Edit: The list lacks AA but this is intentional as i don't see DE/CWE AA as worth the investment. Our fliers are expensive and paper and the flakmissile options in CWE is too expensive for what you get.
I agree totally.

Here's what I would change to make the list a bit more varied.

* Increase the number of Kabalite Warriors in the Raider to ten and give them a Splinter Cannon. Park them in some cover at the start of the game. They can put pressure on your opponent with the cannon and leave the Raider as a less tempting target.
* Swap the Dire Avengers for regular Guardians. You get twice the number of hippie T3 Space Elves for a tiny point increase. Those semi-rending weapons hurt. Twice that number hurt more.
* Swap a Ravager for a (plain) Night Spinner. You lose a bit in the anti-tank department, but the Night Spinner adds so much variety to your force with its large barrage S7/S8 blast.

* To pay for this all, reduce your beast squad to 3/5/4. It'll be a less tempting target that way and still has plenty of wounds to absorb fire and make a useful assault.
* Drop the Ruins of Warding on the Farseer, they are not that useful.
Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE/CWE Beast themed list C+C wanted   1850 DE/CWE Beast themed list C+C wanted I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17 2013, 18:12

Mandor wrote:

Here's what I would change to make the list a bit more varied.

* Increase the number of Kabalite Warriors in the Raider to ten and give them a Splinter Cannon. Park them in some cover at the start of the game. They can put pressure on your opponent with the cannon and leave the Raider as a less tempting target.
* Swap the Dire Avengers for regular Guardians. You get twice the number of hippie T3 Space Elves for a tiny point increase. Those semi-rending weapons hurt. Twice that number hurt more.
* Swap a Ravager for a (plain) Night Spinner. You lose a bit in the anti-tank department, but the Night Spinner adds so much variety to your force with its large barrage S7/S8 blast.

* To pay for this all, reduce your beast squad to 3/5/4. It'll be a less tempting target that way and still has plenty of wounds to absorb fire and make a useful assault.
* Drop the Ruins of Warding on the Farseer, they are not that useful.

Taking what you are saying into consideration I have:

Changed one unit of Dire avengers into 10 guardians (+25p) (only have 10 guardians currently)
Changed one ravager into a nightspinner (this was contemplated in other lists, but for some reason not in this list) (+35p)
Removed Runes from Farseer. (-10p)
Changed the 9man Kab unit in raider to 5man in venom (-31p)
Decreased beasts to 4/8/4 (-24p)

This leaves 6p that I am currenty unable to spend.

The changes gives me a few more bodies in the troop department and barrage at the overall cost of some 2 dogs basically. With the amount of troop transports i have i expect to park some warriors in cover T1 and hope that at least one Deldar venom survives T1-4 for possible t5 transporting.

Thanks for the input.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE/CWE Beast themed list C+C wanted   1850 DE/CWE Beast themed list C+C wanted I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 DE/CWE Beast themed list C+C wanted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: