THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Druchii
Hellion

Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army... Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army...   Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 14:08

Hi!
I've stumbled upon a Cairn Wraith mini and I just love it.
I'm looking for a way to convert something coven-ish out of him but I can't make up my mind. I've would love to use him as a base for a haemonculi or an Acothyst but I can't figure out how to do it.
Any of you got any great ideas??=)

This is a necron conversion but might breed some ideas maybe?
https://2img.net/h/i26.photobucket.com/albums/c119/Vaincent/cryp_zpsfecdb7ea.jpg
It was this pic that made me fall in love with the mini...

Original GW mini
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1910582a_99070207002_CairnWraith01_873x627.jpg
Back to top Go down
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army...   Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 14:28

I picked up both the wraith and the banshee for DE purposes.The wraith is perfect for a Haemon or an old Archon. I went Haemon using all the cool extra bits from the pain engines. The banshee I turned into a Lhamaean by adding a bunch of knifes to her dress and making her grabbing hand a pointing one as if she found her victim or is pointing one out for her archon.
Good luck with you converts. I should post mine, I know.... soon.

Druchii
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army...   Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 17:19

I like the old archon idea! Tool him up with a soul trap and a husk blade and he's all set =)
An old Archon in dire need for some soul harvesting =)
Thanks for the input =)
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army...   Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 21:07

I would say a haemii ancient to show that he done so much enhancement on his body that now he flows like their talos creation... Always his scythe could be his own special venom blade

There is alot talos bits you can use ( the lol hands and spiny thingies) and just go crazy with them since the ancient is up to our imagination Smile
Back to top Go down
Druchii
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army...   Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 21:53

Yeah that's another great idea =)
As a matter of fact, the venom blade/scythe was something I was thinking about.
Two GREAT inputs.
I've had a bloke of mine pick up a wraith earlier today and i'll get my hands on him early tomorrow. I think II'll try to post a pic later on. And then we'll know wether it's an Archon or a Haemonculi =)

//Druchii

Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army...   Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 22:43

Thanks to you... Now you got me into thinking of making a ancient now lol we all help each other
Back to top Go down
Druchii
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army...   Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 22:50

*thumbs up*
Evrey way to contribute to the dark city population is a good thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Druchii
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army...   Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20 2013, 10:20

Here's the result =)
looks a tad iffy atm but I think it will come out ok=)
Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army... IMG_0449_zps3d36942a
Back to top Go down
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army...   Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20 2013, 13:08

Be sure to make use of all that back area. cool.

Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army...   Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 14:04

Reminds me a little of that quote from Dan Brown's Inferno - "I am the Shadow..."

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army...   Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a way to convert a Cairn Wraith into my DE army...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: