THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run

Go down 
+3
Billy912
DingK
Eldritchwarmaster84
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run Empty
PostSubject: Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run   Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 23:58

Archon - 60
+ Shadowfield-30

Asdrubael Vect - 240
With Incubi(5) 110

Kabalite warriors-45
+ Raider-60

Kabalite warriors- 45

Reaver Jetbike squadron -(6) 132
2 HL and 2 Cluster caltrops- 62

3 Ravagers with 3 Dark lances- 315

The list is meant for alpha strike and swift movement tactics almost equal to that of The Way of The Saim Hann.

Pros: Gets your forces to the action
Effective manipulation and Positioning
Good chance for First Blood
Not alot of Kill points
Forcefeeding saves to the opponent
Steal Initiative on a 4+
Alot of Dark Lance firepower
Can be a bane to monstrous creatures as Bladebanes state that it cant hurt vehicles ,Any MC or JMC or even FMC dont classify as a flyer or vehicle

Cons: Not alot of scoring units provided if you don't roll The scouring
Not a Reliable choice against the Tau as common lists make use of 2+ 3+ cover saves
Not reliable against flyers
No solid survivable scoring unit

Use the reavers as Anti Infantry as With bladevanes combined with Cluster Caltrops means on average you make your opponent do at least 12-20 saves because of the fact that Caltrops stack with Bladevanes

And the Ravagers against anti tank or tanks

A good Tactic i like to use is postion my jetbikes for a bladevane strafing run but before that usemy ravagers to destroy the transports carring people inside then run them over with spikes and blades

If that tactic doesnt work against that faction or player TB to his deployment and force him to turn his guns around at your bikes to allow the rest of your forces to advance

Last edited by Eldritchwarmaster84 on Sat Jul 20 2013, 00:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To Give new tactics for the Deadly Dark Eldar Reaver Jetbikes)
Back to top Go down
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run   Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20 2013, 00:16

Well not much forces you can swap out vect for wyches in venoms or incubi or a dedciated CC unit in a transport for more effectiveness of damage or manipulation
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run   Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20 2013, 09:31

Footslogging Archon and Vect with Incubi? They'll never get too where they're useful. Besides, why take an Archon AND the overpriced Vect?
Back to top Go down
Billy912
Hellion
Billy912

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run   Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22 2013, 18:01

I would put the Incubi with the Archon and remove the overpriced vect in place for transport for your Archon and kabalite warriors to make them even faster
Back to top Go down
holanes
Slave
holanes

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run   Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22 2013, 19:20

I assume that you are taking Vect to try to ensure that you get first turn here.

I think this list would be a blast to play, maybe not the best tournament list around but still really fun.
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run   Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 12:23

Have you thought of taking Eldar Allies to have Jetbike Scoring units. Fits with the Saim Hann-esque theme.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run   Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 16:14

Eldritchwarmaster84 wrote:

Can be a bane to monstrous creatures as Bladebanes state that it cant hurt vehicles ,Any MC or JMC or even FMC dont classify as a flyer or vehicle

Attacks with an area or line of effect can't damage swooping flying monstrous creatures unfortunately (nice though the mental image of corkscrewing Reavers decapitating a Daemon Prince is). You'd probably have better luck with the underslung splinter rifles against most monstrous creatures anyway, as a bunch of strength four hits might not even be able to hurt some of the bigger nasties out there.

I like the list overall, aside from Vect. I'm not saying he's overpriced for what he does or anything, he might be very effective for all I know, but you can get a lot of useful stuff for his points. With more bodies on the table, not getting first turn won't be such an issue. Besides, seizing is just more likely with Vect, not guaranteed. That's a heck of a points premium to pay for a 50/50 chance at going first Shocked 

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run   Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 18:34

i think your wasting some of your points in having heat lances and clatrops, i think its either or - if you plan on bladevaning and using the caltrops you need to be turbo boosting every turn to make your points which means you wont be shooting.

if you plan or lining up and being AT drop the caltrops as bladevaning is a added bonus when moving into possition to blow up the tank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run   Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reaver Jetbike Strafing Run
Page 1 of 1