THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How to become an Incubus

Go down 
+6
Haunter!
Anggul
GrenAcid
Tiri Rana
Raneth
Incubi Death
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Incubi Death
Hellion
Incubi Death

How to become an Incubus Empty
PostSubject: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 23:08

Hi guys I was wondering how a dark eldar exactaly becomes an Incubus, I was going to have my Archon be an ex-Incubus. Thanks Wink
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 23:46

When a male Wych wants more in life than be a sperm donor on steroids, but those mean high-up crones won't let him progress...

Razz

Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02 2011, 00:28

"Their (...) shrines, (...), are thronged with patrons and aspirants eager to steep themselves in the murderous arts. (...) Should an aspirant live long enough to best a proven Incubus and take his armor, the final training will begin. Only when that initiate has killed an Aspect Warrior of the Eldar Craftworlds in single combat, (...), can he be fully inducted as an Incubus. (DE_C p.31)

I think with best they don't mean kill, because this would lead to a slow fading of Incubi fit for action, since some would die unrecoverably, for example by being melted by a plasmagun or vaporized by a lascannon, and they could not replenish their numbers, because for every new initiate, who could even die, before getting proven Incubus, an old one had to die.

So in theory an older Incubus could leave the shrine to become Archon, but this would be rare, since Incubi concentrate solely upon killing in the most efficient way possible. They are rumored thy can even be trusted to keep their word and in addition they have a code of honor, maybe a wretched one, but nonetheless.

Give him a godd reason to leave his old live behind and it could be a good plot hook.

Incubi Death
Hellion
Incubi Death

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02 2011, 17:52

Thanks, I'll try and come up with a good reason.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02 2011, 19:53

I belive Incubi cult is in fact Khaine cult....and so onece youre in the only way out is only as a stiff.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02 2011, 21:45

Yeah, although I absolutely love the Incubi, the part about how you become an Incubus means that at some point they made a load of Incubus Warsuits, and the number of Incubi has stayed pretty much the same since then, like a Space Marine chapter, which is a bit silly in my opinion.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Haunter!
Slave
Haunter!

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2011, 09:40

GrenAcid wrote:
I belive Incubi cult is in fact Khaine cult....and so onece youre in the only way out is only as a stiff.
Considering that at the heart of each shrine there's an obsidian stature of him, I don't think you are far off.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2011, 11:52

Haunter! wrote:
GrenAcid wrote:
Considering that at the heart of each shrine there's an obsidian stature of him, I don't think you are far off.

Yeah, they are, after all, aspect warriors. The thing is that being Dark Eldar, once you're part of an Incubus shrine, I think it's not so much that they can't leave, but that they probably wouldn't want to leave. They're lauded killers who are paid massive amounts to go out and have fun doing what they do best: slaughter.

I think it would be really interesting to see an Archon who eventually decided that just killing for killing's sake wasn't for him, and wanted in on some of the intrigue of High Commorragh to complement the killing.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2011, 13:41

Anggul wrote:

I think it would be really interesting to see an Archon who eventually decided that just killing for killing's sake wasn't for him, and wanted in on some of the intrigue of High Commorragh to complement the killing.

Yeah, but would his Hierarch allow him to step out pursue this goal?

GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2011, 15:46

Raneth wrote:
Anggul wrote:

Sure thing, after duel with shrine master ofc.

Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2011, 17:14

Raneth wrote:
Anggul wrote:

I don't see why not. I think the Incubi probably see themselves as far above killing for petty reasons like another person wanting to leave and pursue their desires. He probably would have made his decision on whether he wanted to kill him long ago. A Heirarch would probably only deign to kill him if he saw it in the shrine's best interest to do so, like if he had some secret information. Nothing says that once they're in they're stuck there, I just think most would find it extremely odd that one would actually want to leave the profession of some of the most deadly warriors in the galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Incubi Death
Hellion
Incubi Death

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2011, 18:22

Quote :

Yeah that was basicaly the idea I was going to go for in my fluff.
Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2011, 21:35

Raneth wrote:
Anggul wrote:

I'd be willing to bet the Heirarch would be glad to see him go. All Incubi aspire to be void of ambition and desire like Dharzar is; any Incubus who feels drawn to the politics of the Archon Courts would be seen as unwilling to go the distance and properly commit to the teachings of the Incubi Shrines.

Now whether the Heirarch would allow him to take his Incubus Armor with him when he left is another question entirely. That would be an interesting duel: the aspiring Archon loses, and the armor goes to a more deserving student. The Heirarch loses, and the armor is won by someone outside the Shrine.

Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 00:13

Quote :
Now whether the Heirarch would allow him to take his Incubus Armor with him when he left is another question entirely. That would be an interesting duel: the aspiring Archon loses, and the armor goes to a more deserving student. The Heirarch loses, and the armor is won by someone outside the Shrine.

But woudlnt he become an Heirarch by this??

Back to top Go down
Incubi Death
Hellion
Incubi Death

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 00:24

Actually I was thinking of making my archon be a power hungry and skilled Incubus that tries to defeat the heirarch but fails and gets shunned out of the shirne, and then he becomes an Archon. I don't know but it's just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 01:33

GrenAcid wrote:
Quote :

But woudlnt he become an Heirarch by this??

This is exactly the paradox I was trying to avoid with my question. Laughing

Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 02:17

GrenAcid wrote:
But woudln't he become an Heirarch by this??
Not if he doesn't want to be. And since he's trying to leave, he probably doesn't want to be.

Incubi Death, I would add something more to that. The Incubi do train and presumably spar; I think a failed challenge would not be enough to kick someone out. After all, why would a Heirarch kick someone out if they were following his teachings? It could be construed as a sign of weakness.
Now, if the Incubus violated the standards of the Shrine in some way during the challenge, that would be good enough reason for the Heirarch to banish him from the Shrine.

Hellion
Incubi Death

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 15:20

Ok so like some sort of cheating or something. I'll try to come up with a good reason.
Back to top Go down
tmonster
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18 2011, 20:48

Maybe he used a pistol or gun during a duel? And the heirach despises him because of that?
Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2011, 02:25

tmonster wrote:
Maybe he used a pistol or gun during a duel? And the heirach despises him because of that?
That could certainly work, although that could be read as a middle finger to fans of the old Incubi design.
Perhaps using an aerosol poison or making a deal with outside groups to kill the Heirarch?

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2011, 02:56

How about poisoned blade during duel? That's not quite fair, even for Incubi.

Or betrayal of his client just to jump on his position? Immidieatly end of career in Shrine, good start in Kabal?
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2011, 12:26

It should be something he'd be expeled for and not killed.
So I think betrayal of either Hierarch or client is a tad bit over the top, but a poisoned weapon, or maybe use of combat drugs could work.

Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2011, 18:10

^ Hehe. I like the drugs suggestion. "Mr X was a great fighter but he couldn't kick his habit!" Very Happy

Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2011, 18:47

I'm pretty sure attempted murder would result in his swift death, I think they'd be fine with duelling, but if he actually tried to kill the Heirarch and failed, he'd probably soon find his head removed from his shoulders.

Being caught cheating in a duel does sound like a good way of having him kicked out, but not attempting to actually kill the Heirarch. Also remember that it's got to be pretty out-there to be considered cheating by a Dark Eldar of any description, so I look forward to some imaginative cheating Razz

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Incubi Death
Hellion
Incubi Death

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2011, 23:50

I was also toying around with the idea that my aspiring archon starts to form a conspiracy to have a select group of Incubi kind be dictators over the shrine and take over the shrine. So they plan an assassination which targets the hierarch but it fails and they get away from the attempted assassination before get killed and the conspiritors create a new shrine. And that's how my kabal's sponsored Incubi shrine is formed. Of course one of the conspirators breaks away from the shrine and forms the kabal of the Crimson Tear, my kabal. If that doesn't work I also liked the idea of the aspiring archon using combat drugs and poison and being kicked out of the shrine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to become an Incubus   How to become an Incubus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to become an Incubus
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-
Jump to: