THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New combat drugs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

New combat drugs Empty
PostSubject: New combat drugs   New combat drugs I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20 2013, 17:54

Hi,

Inspired by Bibitybopitybacon's suggestion to a new drug chart with primus options from here:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t7254-changes-to-raiders-and-wyches-jumping-free-of-explosions-and-primus-drugs

I thought this chart deserves to have its own thread.

There are many kinds of drugs throughout our beloved city and the chemists that craft these are many. The three most notable groups that specialize in their own type of drugs are: coven, cults and kabals.

Haemonculi covens often craft drugs that numb the mind and body, enhance pain and touch, manipulate the sensation and the mind. They are also famed for their physical enhancing drugs. They are notable for high and consistent quality. An example is the Goldblood, a gold liquid that is shot right into the user's vein, turning the blood gold and toughens the area around the vein and supressess pain signals.

Many kabals tend to contract or trade with the covens for drugs. But some have their own labs and chemists. Many Archons' intention for these labs are for creating emotion and sense enhancing drugs. To better enhance their pleasures or joy, or simply for the ectastic effects and to get high. But developments in bringing the perfect and satisfying drug to their Archon has led many desperate chemist stumble upon powerful mind-manipulating drugs, such as the Splintermind. Some of these drugs are suitable for combat and war. The Burningeye and Rushtonic are perhaps the latest sought after drug that comes from these labs. Made from the same exotic plant found in various Exodite world, one enhances the user's eyes which bring better precision and the other makes the user hyperactive which quickens reflexes and reactions.

Wych cult rely on more simple but potent drugs that their own crafter take great pride in creating. Some cults don't have the resources for crafting high quality drugs, so they make use of what cheap ingredients and equipment to make crude drugs. Even though quality can vary greatly from these chemists, they are effective and often satisfy their purpose. Many of the drugs are designed for one use only, meaning the imbiber will most likely suffer great side-effects after the drug wears off, a few even dies... One notable drug for having hideous side-effects are the Muscleburst drugs. The chemicals forces the muscle to grow in size and strength in short bursts, allowing the user explosive physical actions. If a dose is not carefully maintained, the consequence is often weakened or destroyed muscles, which can only be remedied by taking the drugs again or replacing the muscles. For this particular reason, many wych that employ these drugs only administer these to their legs in controlled bursts, since the muscle groups there tend to handle the drugs better.

You first choose one of the table to roll for. Then roll one d3 to determine the effects. Duke Sliscus rolls twice on that chosen table.

Coven drugs
1: Goldblood, gives FNP(6+), or improves FNP by 1
2: Adrenallight, + 1 attack
3: Painkillers, +1 Toughness
Or default to : Mindnumber, +2 Ld.

Kabal Drugs
1: Burningeye, +1 BS
2: Painbringer, re-roll to wound in close combat
3: Splintermind, free pain token
Or default to: Rushtonic, + 2 Initative.

Cult Drugs
1: Serpentin, +1WS
2: Muscleburst, +2' when assaulting (not for jetbikes)
3: Grave Lotus, +1 str
Or default to: Hypex, when run roll 3 dice pick highest.

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army

Last edited by facelessabsalom on Mon Aug 12 2013, 11:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

New combat drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New combat drugs   New combat drugs I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20 2013, 18:05

i rather have +1 A then +2 on the charge
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

New combat drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New combat drugs   New combat drugs I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20 2013, 18:24

Archon_Demetrious wrote:
i rather have +1 A then +2 on the charge

There is already a drug that gives permanent +1 attack, so I think +1A on charge is kinda bad. Maybe a +2 A on charge, that would be the Rage special rule I believe.

Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

New combat drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New combat drugs   New combat drugs I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20 2013, 18:38

also the coven drugs are all messed up

with 6^ save and a 6^fnp i rather not take wracks or even grotesques... the +1 to fnp for max 4^fnp sounds better

the wracks also got poison weapons so that first round of combat if you charge you get furious charge(implying you got a heamii with them for that second pain token)
i think reroll to hit sounds alot better

+1 toughness sounds awesome tho (shot even grotesques at T6 would make just great)

i think their primius should b make their ccw fleshbane(2+ to W)

its should go like this:
primius
flesh incarnate - +1 to FNP(4^fnp)

1. fleshtearers- all ccw weapons have  fleshbane
2. Painbringer- reroll to hit in cc
3.Painkillers-+1 T

faceless yea i met that for wyches i rather have +1 A all the time sorry for the confusion

now for the kabal:
since they dont take drugs i think its better to say that rather improve their equipment instead

since they mostly a shooty army i think we can do alot here

since having bs5 everywhere i think the burning eye would b op
maayne the burning eye should be a 1 time use only

instead of +1 A i rather show that the warriors are among the favoured the archon decided to up all their armour for this battle so +1SV

instead of +2 I (becuase we are I5 anyways) i think they should get a 3in movement in the assault phase to show they are getting ready to reposition themselves better

the one thing i feel warriors lack is in ccw in a sense or even when exploding raider so i wont mind have a reroll to morale checks

so it could go like this
primus:
the burning eye- one time use only
+1BS in the shooting phase or to overwatch

1.unbreakable will- reroll any morale checks

2re-enforced steel- +1SV

3.quicksilver-3in movement in your assault phase

I just merged three of your posts. Please, if you have more to add, use the edit button. Thanks - Cavash.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

New combat drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New combat drugs   New combat drugs I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20 2013, 21:39

Archon_Demetrious wrote:
also the coven drugs are all messed up

with 6^ save and a 6^fnp i rather not take wracks or even grotesques... the +1 to fnp for max 4^fnp sounds better

the wracks also got poison weapons so that first round of combat if you charge you get furious charge(implying you got a heamii with them for that second pain token)
i think reroll to hit sounds alot better

+1 toughness sounds awesome tho (shot even grotesques at T6 would make just great)

i think their primius should b make their ccw fleshbane(2+ to W)

Archon_Demetrious wrote:

now for the kabal:
since they dont take drugs i think its better to say that rather improve their equipment instead
since having bs5 everywhere i think the burning eye would b op
maayne the burning eye should be a 1 time use only

instead of +1 A i rather show that the warriors are among the favoured the archon decided to up all their armour for this battle so +1SV

instead of +2 I (becuase we are I5 anyways) i think they should get a 3in movement in the assault phase to show they are getting ready to reposition themselves better

the one thing i feel warriors lack is in ccw in a sense or even when exploding raider so i wont mind have a reroll to morale checks

so it could go like this
primus:
the burning eye- one time use only
+1BS in the shooting phase or to overwatch

1.unbreakable will- reroll any morale checks

2re-enforced steel- +1SV

3.quicksilver-3in movement in your assault phase

Thanks for your input! But just so that we're clear on one thing. This chart is for models with Combat Drugs wargear only. As far as I know, wyches, bloodbrides, hellions, reavers, archons, succubus and Duke Sliscus has/can get that gear. So Warriors, trueborns, Wracks and grots will not be able to benefit from the chart.

Since my intentions for the +1BS Burningeye drug was for pistol and bike riding wyches, it won't be too OP because the ammount of shooting that benefits from +1BS aren't much or is pistol ranged. The only one benefitting immensily or overkilling with this is Archons, Duke and Succubus(on quuaaadguun!). Too bad our Hellions aren't smart enought o have undermount blasters on their skyboards. Also, giving our CD abusing units fleshbane is too OP, imho. Wyches wound MCs at 2+ and devastate any vehicle, all for 60pts?

I believe the current chart in the DE:codex is to give our CD using DE a little boost. But I feel that the boost is too random. If we could control it a little, then it would be more fun/competetive to play with CD using units (looking at you wyches/bloodbrides). So if you want to kit your units out to be tough and durable, roll for Coven Drugs. If you want extra punch and offense, try Cult Drugs. Do you want the extra token? Go Kabal drugs.

I'm trying to make the chart simply as possible, w/o adding to many special rules to stuff. Otherwise it'll just become another Chaos boon table. Therefor, I try to avoid one-time use stuff because people can easily forget. I think having a constant effect is easier to remember or that one token/statsheet with reminder is enough. The same could be said for one-use things also, but I'm too lazy to keep track on which unit still has its use left and which does not etc. And what happens when a unit joins another unit that has already used its one use etc? Rules bumping into eachother, meh!

But after reading your post, I believe the chart can be better balanced and improved so that players don't just roll on one table because it is better than the others, or because there is something OP about that table. I fear that there is some effects that will never be picked, or is simply useless in all situations. I'ld like to know which ones and maybe improve or swap them out. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

New combat drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New combat drugs   New combat drugs I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20 2013, 23:00

I really like this set up. Great work faceless and I love the drug names! How about what faction your hqs are from effect what table they have access to? So if you take an archon and a succubus you could role on either the wych drugs or the kabal. The fluffy reason being that the warlord gives them the drugs before the raid.
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

New combat drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New combat drugs   New combat drugs I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20 2013, 23:37

ohh it hought you were dividing them sorry lol
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

New combat drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New combat drugs   New combat drugs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 13:01

This sounds like a very nice idea; I really like the choice of names as well. I'll try and see if my friend'll let me use this stuff the next time we play Surprised 

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

New combat drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New combat drugs   New combat drugs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 18:08

@ Bibitybopitybacon - Thanks! Well, that could work without limiting us too much. The problem is if we feel restricted to our HQ choices if one specific table is more/less favoured than the others. Or if who run specific faction feels forced to get a haemy in order to get a better drug suited for their playstyle etc.

@ Archon_Demetrious - Np, if you have any comments/suggestions about balancing or change etc just post away!

@ Saintspirit - Go ahead and share the dr*gs! Would be awesome if it gets into house rules then local game clubs then tournies then FAQ and then the next dex Exclamation

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New combat drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New combat drugs   New combat drugs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New combat drugs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION