THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??

Go down 
+3
Talos
Bibitybopitybacon
The Red King
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? Empty
PostSubject: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 22:54

So I'm not a big fan of old sathypants, but in a bid to justify my purchase of a wraithknight, (errr I mean fit a completely valid allied choice in) it occurred to me that sathy is the cheapest way to get that much needed PGL into my favored elite choice (the boat load of incubi). Am I rocking an extra chromosome here or did I maybe stumble onto something new (for me)?
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 23:36

Edit: as always I confused the baron and the duke.

You cant put the baron in a transport.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 23:45

Why not? The skyboard confers the bulky rule to my knowledge.

Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 00:13

Sorry to busrt your bubble here
page 78 tells us that only infantry can embark. This page also tells us that jump and jet infantry can´t

So no Baron in incubi transport
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 00:22

I see this now, why do jump infantry have the bulky USR if they will never be in a transport?

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 00:45

Because that way if there is a transport that can load them up (which, currently the only ones that spring to mind are Apoc/Forgeworld options) you understand that they take up two spaces.

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 00:59

That seems silly, but I guess gw knows how to write rules T-T I'm sad now, time to try and justify Drazhar...

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 03:25

I actually consider it one of their better rules because it builds a platform for forward building of lists. Something that you usually never expect from them.

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 04:08

What's your thoughts on Drazhar?

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 06:01

They made some potential value to him by making him AP2 and Vect AP3...that said, I still am not sure why I would want to take Draz over Vect considering the point difference.

Back to top Go down
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 07:43

I've been using the baron to support incubi for a while. The Baron is the best PGL caddy in the dex. Also, have him start with a wrack squad and he brings a pain token to boot... It's not the barron that's the problem, it's the incubi. I find that incubi are great at killing marines but suffer when fighting big blobs of guard or kroot or orks or any other blob... When the new marine codex comes out I'll bring back my incubi, but for now I am rocking a squad of grotesques with the baron! Boom!
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 09:24

If the Incubi really wants a pgl an archon bring is for only 15pts more than the baraon. The archon has a better statline, and wounds on 2+.

My thoughts on Drazhar:
Expensive as hell, no iv save, no shooting attacks and no assault grenades. He can only join Incubi, increasing his cost, because he wants a bodyguard so he is not sniped.
I believe that a tooled up archon can do the same for les pts cost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 12:23

I agree, I just really like the fluff and model and was hoping I had missed something that made him worth his cost.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 12:44

Storm Ravens can mount jump infantry
But to be honest, I thought all vehicles could now hold anything as long as they had the hold space and no other restrictions?

facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 13:14

For getting PGL, Baron is not cheaper than Archon?!

Archon + PGL is under 100pts and would already match the Baron in terms of combat efficiency etc. Give the archon a VB + SF and he's close to Baron's cost, but would do much better imo. If you simply aim to get PGL...

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 15:48

I am not saying he's cheaper... I am saying he's better. If you put the archon with the incubi he is stuck with them. If they end up fighting a real blob guard squad then they're in trouble. With the baron, he can catch up to the incubi if he needs to, he can bring a pain token, he can get them out of combat with his hit and run. The archon just isn't that flexible. RB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??   The Baron and his retinue of... inubi?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Baron and his retinue of... inubi??
Page 1 of 1