THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkstar
Slave
Darkstar

New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!  Empty
PostSubject: New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!    New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 01:57

Archon
Ghostplate, Huskblade, shadowfield, blast pistol

Elites
4x Trueborn
4x blasters

Troops
5x Kabalite Warriors

10x Kabalite Warriors
9x splinter rifles, 1x Blaster

Fast Attack
3x Reaver Jet Bikes
1x Heat Lance

Leaves me with 5x points to spare do you guys think I should change anything? I don't have any raiders, venoms, or ravagers yet I have a bunch of hellions and a Razorwing and 10x wyches to change some stuff out. Basically this is for me to get a few games in to test out my new Dark Eldar raiding party
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!    New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 03:23

You are basically using unit builds that are used in vehicles, and then taking away the vehicles and hoping that it will all work out.
It won't.

Take a look at your stat line again - T3 5+ Armor save.
We're as hard to kill as a Guardsman, y'know, those guys that com in 30+ man blobs? What do you think are he chances for 4 Guardsmen to wander up the board with their short range weaponry that costs as much as they do? Do you think some enemy unit might find the time to shoot them...like, once?

I'm also not sure where that Archon is going - you're spending almost half of your total army points on a single character - who is having to run up the board trying to get into assault. Not optimal.

Now, that all said, if you had some Venoms/Raiders this build wouldn't look so bad, but let's just consider this;

Space marine Army of Epic Cheese!
Librarian w. Force Sword
10 Man Tac Squad, Sarge w. Power weapon, missile launcher, flamer
10 Man Tac Squad, Sarge w. Power weapon, missile launcher, flamer

It has 30 points to spare to beef up the Librarian, or maybe work in some melta, or whatever. It is also about as bone simple of a 500 point army as exists. I want you to look at it, and consider the type of damage output this army could do. If they could draw line of sight, the two missile launchers could wipe out your Trueborn squad in Turn 1. They could potentially wipe out the big Warrior squad if they had good coverage with their blasts.

As you advance up the field how well do you think your army would fare versus 16 Bolters plus whatever psychic powers the Librarian has? Toss in some frag missiles or krak missles for yucks.

Then try to assault him while he has flamers, or even get close enough to try to use your Blasters and then get flamers as an answer to what you just did. One flamer template is almost assured death for any of your squads it can hit, especially the Reavers, who are your only real threat to the Marines, and which will be fighting them on Turn 1 alone while the rest of your army struggles to get up into the mix.

==========================================

Okay...so are DE just doomed at 500?
No.
We're actually one of the strongest armies at 500 points. By a substantial margin.
That said, your current collection doesn't really showcase models that I would consider 'good' for 500 points. You tend to have some of our more fragile units and you're obligating them to walk.

That said - you do claim to have a lot of Hellions. If you want to run a very niche theme list, fielding a Troop of Hellions with Baron Sathypants is pretty potent in 500 points and would do you well...albeit not really teaching you how to play DE.

If you want to avoid that I'd probably go with Lance packing Trueborn and run them as a sniper unit - and hook up your Warrior squads with Splinter Cannons to increase their threat capability. Frankly doing it with Warriors so they can score might even be a better idea.

You can save points going with a v.blade on the Archon, at 500 points a Huskblade is a unneeded pricy indulgence.

The bikes are useful, but be careful with them as at only 3 men they are very fragile right now.

Back to top Go down
Darkstar
Slave
Darkstar

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!    New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 04:16

So I should probably grab a bunch of vemons and maybe a raider
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!    New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 05:57

Well...it depends what sort of army you want to run.
To a certain extent I think it's good to experiment with and play around with the units in the dex to get your own feel for them. In fact, I'd dare say that as a new DE player it might even benefit you to run your above list, as is, just to see what happens and get some first hand awareness of why transports are useful to us. That said, i don't want you to think that we're a bad army simply because your list gets mauled - we're a very good army, but we're a fragile and unforgiving army.

Vehicles help smaller squads stay alive longer and move around quicker - if you play your initial list you'll probably learn very quickly how useful and good those are to DE.

Back to top Go down
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!    New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 14:41

If i were you if you want your jetbikes to be Anti Infantry id go with cluster caltrops because think about it

D6 Str6 ap- hits on top of
D3 str 4 ap- hits x3

Thats alot of saves youll forcefeed the opponent
Back to top Go down
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!    New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 14:46

Also if i were you id probably bring a ravager just because 3 dark lances can make a big different or alternatively bring raiders and venoms a good place to start would be some wracks with a haemy. If you want superior ranged kabalite trueborn with 2 splinter cannons in a dual Splinter cannon venom trust me 33 shots is no joke
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!    New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 16:45

At 500 points, dont bring any of the turboboosting equipment for the jet bikes.3 bike don't put out enough damage to make it worth while and squish too quickly.

If you bring bike I would recommend using them as either a boost for assaulting units, or as a run and gun unit - maybe a blaster instead of a heatlance as at 500pts the extra damage is not as needed and the extra range is pretty good.

Also, boats, you want them. Raiders or Venoms or both, get them, love them. Also 9 + blaster seems off to me. I used to have a fist full of good(ish) 500pt list floating around, I'll try to drag one out and post some more stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!    New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29 2013, 07:36

Eldritchwarmaster84 wrote:
If i were you if you want your jetbikes to be Anti Infantry id go with cluster caltrops because think about it

D6 Str6 ap- hits on top of
D3 str 4 ap- hits x3

Thats alot of saves youll forcefeed the opponent

That is incorrect, you would get 1d6 S6 hits and 2x 1d3 S4 hits. The caltrops replace the bladevanes.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!    New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to Dark Eldar 500pts to start!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: