THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

204 points left for a 3k list...what to do?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

204 points left for a 3k list...what to do? Empty
PostSubject: 204 points left for a 3k list...what to do?   204 points left for a 3k list...what to do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 16:57

Hello all,

So my friends and I are playing a mini tournament within our small group first weekend of August. We are playing 3k points for whatever reason and I'm down to 204 points left to fill. Here is what I have so far...things to bear in mind: I am virtually at the limit of what I own and have built so far.

Archon with grots in a boat
2 warrior squads with SC and blaster
2 wych squads in boats
6 reavers with caltraps and heat lances
10 hellions
10 scourges with SCs
1 talos
1 razorwing jetfighter

eldar allies: (iyanden)
spiritseer with wraithforge stone
wraithguard with wraithcannons in a serpent (w/ holofields)
wraithknight with suncannon and 1 scatter laser

*all boats have nightshields
**anyone assault oriented has a PGL and special weapons and whatnot

Ok so thats what I have in my list so far. This is what I have immediately available:
Lelith
Aegis with any weapons
Bastion with any weapons
Random upgrades for archon such as wwp, drugs or more wargear for the spiritseer, and sergeant upgrades for the warrior squads...serpent could get more wargear as well as the boats i suppose as well)

Everything else is pretty tricked out the way id want. So the question is:what do I do with those extra points? I also have a battleforce box that I haven't gotten to yet...there is a small small chance I would be able to put together a warrior squad or 3 more jetbikes. If i did the wych squad id need the boat for sure and thats not going to happen since i still need to actually finish my wraithguard tonight and do my serpent this weekend.

I will be facing space wolves with IG allies, IG, and eldar with grey knight allies most likely.

thanks all
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: 204 points left for a 3k list...what to do?   204 points left for a 3k list...what to do? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26 2013, 14:01

That is a tough call. I'm not a fan of Lelith TBH. Aegis is not bad but what can you put there? I guess warriors and field your boat empty. But that is only 100 points. I'm really not sure how to get those extra points in effectively. I would go with Urien/Haemie or Vect/Haemie Ancient
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: 204 points left for a 3k list...what to do?   204 points left for a 3k list...what to do? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26 2013, 14:26

I'm a big fan of adding more punch to the wyches, so I'd have to say:
Drop wych units to 9 (assuming they were in raiders) or 4 (if venoms) and think about tossing them a Succubus or two (one for each). Give the Succubus atleast a PGL, but a VB would go a good ways too, since you have extra points you can always splerg for bigger CCWs.

The added benefit would be the PGL's cover save when charging for more survivability, added LD score and more killiness. If you want to go nuts add the sgt upgrade to the wyches and another VB, but that could just be bleeding too many points into two kid of expendable squads at that point.

Oh, also, Haywire, all wyches.

beyond that, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: 204 points left for a 3k list...what to do?   204 points left for a 3k list...what to do? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26 2013, 14:39

Thanks guys for the input!

My wyches have HWG and wych weapons galore and I like the idea of vect with haemie ancient. Grotstar would be interesting for sure. I'll just pretend lelith is a hamie haha. I play my wyches pretty suicidal so im worried about sinking more points into them...they are expensive as it is.
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: 204 points left for a 3k list...what to do?   204 points left for a 3k list...what to do? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26 2013, 14:46

ligolski wrote:
I play my wyches pretty suicidal so im worried about sinking more points into them...they are expensive as it is.

Yeah, I think I would actually recommend you away from my suggestion then, not sure wha t else to say, you've got a pretty mixed back and I tend to play things that look a bit different.

It's always interesting when you get streched to use all your models.

Maybe that line with an AA gun... I don't know, but what ever you take, be sure to write a rep up afterwords!
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: 204 points left for a 3k list...what to do?   204 points left for a 3k list...what to do? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26 2013, 16:37

Oh I shall, im hoping to play a game this weekend using this same army list against guard with a crap ton of tanks and artillery. I will probably loose but hopefully some of my newer toys will help.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 204 points left for a 3k list...what to do?   204 points left for a 3k list...what to do? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27 2013, 00:29

It sounds like you're playing 3000 points because your opponents have a big pool of stuff to pick from and you're struggling to get there. Maybe I'm just being cynical, but having found myself in a situation where I'm trying to match someone else's points with DE, that's just my assumption! Putting tons of wargear on characters and vehicles will never do you any favours, and if you can I'd always suggest pushing yourself to get more stuff assembled instead. By all means, individualise your characters - personally I quite like tanky sergeants - but don't go too nuts. It's fun to hide a blast pistol in a unit. It's expensive to give a unit that should never assault a Phantasm grenade launcher.

If you can get a unit of warriors and a raider from your battleforce ready in time, that'll get you close to your remaining points. If you can't... hey, Lelith will enjoy herself! Personally I dislike the fortification options released so far, the only one I could ever see myself using in any of my armies is the skyshield landing pad. It's mostly the fact that they don't have xenos alternatives that puts me off though, so if you can get the warriors and raider ready, a defence line might be a real boon to the guys on foot, especially if you can get an objective for them. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: 204 points left for a 3k list...what to do?   204 points left for a 3k list...what to do? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28 2013, 15:07

Yea my friends have the points already...if i played my marnies then i could field well above 3k haha but anyways im not sure i could swing a raider maybe the warriors. im moving to a new place so i have lots of stuff keeping me busy haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 204 points left for a 3k list...what to do?   204 points left for a 3k list...what to do? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

204 points left for a 3k list...what to do?
Page 1 of 1