THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Mandrake's Creation

Go down 
+12
Gdead909
Lady Malys
Shadows Revenge
PartridgeKing
Anggul
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Incubi Death
Tiri Rana
Aroshamash
Raneth
GrenAcid
Urien_Rakarth
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

A Mandrake's Creation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Mandrake's Creation   A Mandrake's Creation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 13:36

I was flicking through some old white dwarfs last night from 3rd ed when the mandrakes were first released. Not too many details at that point, but one that caught my eye that I liked the look of was that Mandrakes were some of the last DE to escape the fall, and were changed by that experience somehow.

I do like Aroshamash's point though, reminds me a bit of the film Chronicles of Riddick, the sequel to pitch black and the necromungan (seriously, how is that not a rip off of GW?) commader passing beyond this realm to somewhere else and being irrevocably altered by the journey.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: A Mandrake's Creation   A Mandrake's Creation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 13:38

All i know for certain about them is that they are demons.

In latest FAQ about Grey Knights there is complete list of what is demon for the sake of using their special anti-demon weapons and mandrakes are in.

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: A Mandrake's Creation   A Mandrake's Creation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 14:07

I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are daemons just because anti-daemon weapons affect them, they work on the avatar as well, and that's not a daemon. The FAQ merely confirms that they count as daemons for the purposes of those particular weapons.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: A Mandrake's Creation   A Mandrake's Creation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 14:22

They are the Eldar version of Manbearpig. They are half Eldar, half demon, half Warp Beast. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: A Mandrake's Creation   A Mandrake's Creation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 16:06

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are daemons just because anti-daemon weapons affect them, they work on the avatar as well, and that's not a daemon. The FAQ merely confirms that they count as daemons for the purposes of those particular weapons.

Actually for all intent and purpose the Avatar is a daemon. He is a Warp Entity made of chaos. Sure, he isnt Chaos (see... the capital makes a difference ;P ) but if the weapon is strong against the Chaos Gods, it will do the same thing against anything made from the warp.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: A Mandrake's Creation   A Mandrake's Creation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 17:11

ok point taken, the codex states it's 'to all intents and purposes' it's a daemon and will be affected by weapons and abilities that affect daemons. It does raise an interesting point though, in that the mandrake entry says nothing of the kind, just that they exist 'partially in a dimension of pure shadow'. Given that the codices are written by the same guy I'd have thought if Mandrakes were part daemon, it would have been mentioned. Seems to me like the 5++ save is due to them being incorporeal, not daemonic.

My guess therefore would be that anti-daemon weapons work against them because they're intended to return their target to their original dimension, and therefore the part of mandrakes that exists in the shadow realm is susceptible to this? Doesn't mention anywhere that Mandrakes are part of the warp as far as i can see, in fact it seems to suggest something else entirely.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Mandrake's Creation   A Mandrake's Creation - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Mandrake's Creation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2