THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Which Army is the Best Distraction?

Go down 
+3
wanderingblade
Crazy_Irish
ShamPow1999
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ShamPow1999
Hellion

Which Army is the Best Distraction? Empty
PostSubject: Which Army is the Best Distraction?   Which Army is the Best Distraction? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30 2013, 20:16

Right now in my 1850 Dark eldar army i've carved out 350 points for allies. What I'm looking for is the best distraction unit which could be used. This sadly removes the possibility of eldar allies as the only distraction unit in thier codex is probably the wraithknight which in my opinion is too much points and money. So far I have the listed ideas:

Daemons: BloodThirster w/ 2 Greater Rewards or Lord of Change (Mastery Level 3) w/ 2 Greater Rewards

3 Nurglings

This provides me with a fast moving and survivable flying monstrous creature which I can throw at my opponent while using up the mandatory Hq slot and some cheap troops which could be used as a tarpit unit.

Orks: 30 Boyz, Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole, Big Mek w/ Kustom Force field

5 Lootas

Instead of a flying monstrous creature a mob of boyz with 5+ cover save could be useful. Lootas provide long range fire power.

Tau: Riptide

Cadre FireBlade, 12 Fire Warriors

Same concept except with tau-ee-ness.

Which one do you think would be the best distraction unit? Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Which Army is the Best Distraction?   Which Army is the Best Distraction? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31 2013, 11:41

I really like the idea of a flying monstrous creature... build it like a freaking heamonculi experiment and it would even be themed.

At the moment im considering a wraithknight(twisted) for a distraction unit, as i then could take a farseer for some magic...

so, i would take the monstrous creature.

Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

PostSubject: Re: Which Army is the Best Distraction?   Which Army is the Best Distraction? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2013, 17:55

In my experience, Ork mobs take up too big a footprint and result in maneuverability issues. Also they take a turn to really become an issue for the enemy. Wazdakka and a large bikemob would probably be better.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Which Army is the Best Distraction?   Which Army is the Best Distraction? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 21:54

I would say marines and dreadnoughts in drop pods would be a damn good distraction, they would have to deal with them or they will cause all sort of issues.
They would also come in more or less where you want them to.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Which Army is the Best Distraction?   Which Army is the Best Distraction? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05 2013, 04:39

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
I would say marines and dreadnoughts in drop pods would be a damn good distraction, they would have to deal with them or they will cause all sort of issues.
They would also come in more or less where you want them to.
This is solid advice.

A 3+ t4 unit or two never hurt anyone, and giving them a drop pod means they can get right into your opponents' face and harass them.

The dreadnought idea adds even more bite and requires the enemy to use more to deal with your little bunch of marines.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Which Army is the Best Distraction?   Which Army is the Best Distraction? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07 2013, 04:09

Be'Lakor and 10 cultists. He is a major distraction with excellent psychic powers that are not tied in to the rest of your list. Psychic Shriek, Dominate, Puppet Master, Hallucinate - all very strong.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: 8$   Which Army is the Best Distraction? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05 2014, 20:09

For a step up from the Drop Pod Dreadnought, check out the CSM Helbrute Mayhem Pack. 3 AV 12 Dreadnoughts DSing into your enemy's face is suddenly a lot to deal with! Equipped with PF & Multi-Melta, you can swap 'em with other useful and fun weapons (fist -> Missile Launcher, or add flamers to fists!) that present a serious and VERY present threat.
Base 300pts, with upgrades you can comfortably keep it within 350.

Not to mention you can pick up Helbrutes on ebay for ~8$.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Army is the Best Distraction?   Which Army is the Best Distraction? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Army is the Best Distraction?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Other Mercenaries & Allies
-
Jump to: