THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k points Iyanden with DE ally

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dagobah
Slave

2k points Iyanden with DE ally Empty
PostSubject: 2k points Iyanden with DE ally   2k points Iyanden with DE ally I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30 2013, 22:32

Dark Eldar 6th Ed (2010) (Allied Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ +

* Archon
       (Fleet, Independent Character, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
       Kabalite Armor, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Plasma Grenades, Shadow field, Splinter Pistol, Venom Blade

+ Elites +

* Incubi
       (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
       Incubus Warsuit
       * 9x Incubi
           9x Klaive
       * Raider
           Dark Lance

+ Troops +

* Kabalite Warriors
       (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
       * 6x Kabalite Warrior
           6x Splinter Rifle

Codex: Eldar 6th Edition (2013) (Primary Detachment) Selections:

* Iyanden Supplement Detachment

+ HQ +

* Farseer
       (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Fleet, Ghosthelm, Independent Character, Psychic Disciplines: Divination, Runes of Fate, Telepathy, Psyker (Mastery Level 3), Rune Armour)
       Mantle of the Laughing God (*), Singing spear
       * Eldar Jetbike
           (*)
           Twin-linked shuriken catapult

* Spiritseer
       * Spiritseer
           (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Fleet, Independent Character, Psychic Disciplines: Runes of Battle, Telepathy, Psyker (Mastery Level 2), Rune Armour, Spirit Mark)
           Witchstaff
       * Spiritseer
           (Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Fleet, Independent Character, Psychic Disciplines: Runes of Battle, Telepathy, Psyker (Mastery Level 2), Rune Armour, Spirit Mark)
           Spear of Teuthlas, Witchstaff

+ Troops +

* Wraithguard (Troops)
       (Ancient Doom, Bulky, Fearless)
       * Wave Serpent
           Holo-fields (*), Serpent Field, Shuriken cannon, Twin-linked scatter lasers
       * 5x Wraithguard
           5x Wraithcannon

* Wraithguard (Troops)
       (Ancient Doom, Bulky, Fearless)
       * Wave Serpent
           Holo-fields (*), Serpent Field, Shuriken cannon, Twin-linked scatter lasers
       * 5x Wraithguard
           5x Wraithcannon

+ Fast Attack +

* Crimson Hunter
       (Skyhunter, Vector Dancer)
       Exarch (Perfect Strike), Pulse Laser, Two Starcannons

+ Heavy Support +

* Wraithknight
       (Ancient Doom, Fearless)
       Scatter laser, Suncannon and Scattershield (Scattershield )

* Wraithlord
       (Ancient Doom, Fearless)
       Brightlance, Starcannon, Two flamers

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: 2k points Iyanden with DE ally   2k points Iyanden with DE ally I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31 2013, 03:54

couple things from my view:

1. you only have 3 troops and thats really bad. There is nothing wrong with some good ole wraithguard but you might to invest in some guardians by dropping the wraithlord perhaps and definately cut back on the incubi to a unit of 5 and put them in a venom. Why? 9 is a huge point sink that will undoubtedly draw a ton of fire and massacre a lot of your points without anything in return. 5 is a nice number that works better for sure.

2. That lone warrior squad looks sad with just 6 guys. I would pick up a venom for them so they can scoot around and lay down some good fire power. Or upgrade to 10 guys and stick them in a raider.

3. I'm not sure how useful that spear is off the top of my head for one of your spiritseers, but their main goal is to boost the crap out of your wraithguard so I would stray away from upgrading them with expensive stuff unless you have random points to spare.

Those are the main things that jump out at me. Smile

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Dagobah
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2k points Iyanden with DE ally   2k points Iyanden with DE ally I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31 2013, 10:50

All excellent points. Ive had a little tinker with the list and by dropping down to 4 incubi with the archon in a venom I managed to squeeze out a venom for the kabalite warriors and 2 squads of eldar jetbikes. I saved a few other points taking a voidraven bomber instead of the crimson hunter (and obviosly dropping the ravager). I think this will work out better.
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: 2k points Iyanden with DE ally   2k points Iyanden with DE ally I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31 2013, 14:05

those sounds like reasonable changes and certainly gets your troop count up and a unit for your farseer on a bike to join!

Back to top Go down
Dagobah
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2k points Iyanden with DE ally   2k points Iyanden with DE ally I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31 2013, 16:55

The farseer has the mantle of the laughing god which is awesome but unfortunately means he loses his IC status so he must ride solo. Hes quite survivable though as the mantle also gives him a 2+ re roll-able cover save
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: 2k points Iyanden with DE ally   2k points Iyanden with DE ally I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31 2013, 18:31

just remember that there are a lot of ignores cover stuff out there especially with tau

Back to top Go down
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2k points Iyanden with DE ally   2k points Iyanden with DE ally I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2013, 16:44

ligolski wrote:
just remember that there are a lot of ignores cover stuff out there especially with tau
This is true, but in these cases he always has his 3+ armour and 4+ invul to fall back on (not ideal, but they'll still usually be able to take a licking)
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

PostSubject: Re: 2k points Iyanden with DE ally   2k points Iyanden with DE ally I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24 2013, 18:34

Interesting list, how do you usually use it? Seems very short ranged and low in numbers, although obviously it packs a huge punch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k points Iyanden with DE ally   2k points Iyanden with DE ally I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k points Iyanden with DE ally
Page 1 of 1