THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles? Empty
PostSubject: Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles?   Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31 2013, 16:00

While shatterfield missiles reroll failed wounds which is excellent against many armies or the wonderful but very expensive ap2 instant death awesomeness. Now a question which one should i take? Btw im using a voidraven bomber.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles?   Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31 2013, 16:42

You shouldn't really be taking missiles on the void raven, it's an AT/AA platform. As for the razorwing the best missiles are the standard missiles (monoscythe) because they are free.

Back to your question though, implosion missiles are pretty terrible and only small blasts. Shatterfield are not bad but lose out on AP5 compared to the standard missiles (monoscythe), when you take into account that flyers can often shoot over aegis defence lines, AP5 becomes quite appealing against large blobs, not to mention you don't pay anything for the missiles (on the razorwing).

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
agosyb
Hellion
agosyb

PostSubject: Re: Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles?   Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01 2013, 14:55

In the case of the voidraven I usually took the shatterfields. Same cost as monoscythes and the wound rerolling was forcing more saves, that said my targets are generally all marines, or more recently demons with universal 5+ invul so I wasn't losing out on the ap5. The added str never hurts against vehicles in a pinch, and lets face it sometimes there's nothing else to shoot.

I want to like implosion missiles, I really do. I've tried the full rack along with a list of other absolute nonsense, like caskets, dark gates, hexrifles etc. I figured with low chances of success you just increase the permutations and something rad was bound to happen. I digress. If you see a lot of paladins, thunderwolf cavalry, nobs, mid-sized tyranids (they're out there), tau battlesuits, or 3-wound monsters of any flavor implosion missiles can actually really shine. I wouldn't take a full rack, however. If you're that concerned about these units, I'd recommend one, maybe 2 bombers and put two implosion missiles on each for at least a solid round of shooting out of them. They're just too expensive to bank on any more than that in my opinion. That and void lances/bombs will generally ID or seriously damage the implosion missile's targets anyway so the raven's other weapons and poison from the rest of the army should do the trick.

Looking at the dark eldar "armory" is like looking at a list of middle fingers tailored to certain units. Don't let high points costs discourage you if you see a use for them!
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles?   Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02 2013, 13:01

I think the best flyer by miles is a razor with dizzies and stock missiles

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles?   Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02 2013, 13:59

Eldritchwarmaster84 wrote:
While shatterfield missiles reroll failed wounds which is excellent against many armies or the wonderful but very expensive ap2 instant death awesomeness. Now a question which one should i take? Btw im using a voidraven bomber.

Always Shatterfield.

- They're 1/3 of the cost of an Implosion missile.
- They're large blasts, whilst implosion missiles are small blasts.
- They can be used against light-vehicles. Obviously not the ideal target, but something that can come in handy occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles?   Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shatterfield missiles or Implosion Missiles?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: