THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?

Go down 
+24
Anggul
Lord Aerazabael Dethezara
Da Once & Future Git
citywidecrayon
Allandrel
Nomic
Ruke
Lord Klar Kashton
Grimmzahn
Cavash
Lady Malys
Shadows Revenge
Beaviz81
Aroshamash
PartridgeKing
Azdrubael
oberonson
GrenAcid
Xelkireth
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Radium
Torpedo Vegas
Gobsmakked
Zehra
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
citywidecrayon
Hellion
citywidecrayon

Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?    Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 21:18

Could it be possible that Vect is like the Joker in the Dark Knight ie. Nobody knows his exact origins and when pressed Vect could have easily given several different stories, If he really is the oldest Dark Eldar then nobody is alive now who could challenge the idea that he's been around for a very very long time. I know the current codex says otherwise but then sometimes I'm sure GW aren't aware of their own established cannon...
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?    Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 21:48

It is a possiility. After eigh thousand years of sitting in the same throne I imagine spreading lies to glorify yourslf would stave off boredom.

Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?  - Page 3 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Da Once & Future Git
Slave
Da Once & Future Git

PostSubject: Re: Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?    Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2012, 11:39

At first I thought they could never fit, but now I actually think they can quite nicely.

Vect was born a lower class sold to slavery for one of the more powerful temples of delight (fits in both). he is then destined to be sacrificed on the eve of the fall (which could happen anywhere in M31 (lets say early to match the Heresy records).

Naturally the fall happens he does have his throat slit, gathers up the survives and heads for the webway.

now he spends a while there growing & laying the foundations of the Kabal & the 13 foundations of vengence against the people in power before coming to Commorragh M32 (to fit in with fifth) where he vows to take over & all the establish archons would still consider him a slave.

as for the founding of commorragh it was only a port after vect took over he took it from port to dominating all the satalite realms & bringing the whole thing under his rule. Although he didn't begin it, he certainly revolutionised it into what it is today.

As to the OP.
1. Yes I would say vect is a trueborn if you believe he was born pre-fall, but I doubt he would be if born post...
2. Can't back that one up, but I like both the ideas of them being steril & them being fertile but no one wanting to have a half born's baby!
Back to top Go down
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?    Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24 2012, 00:50

GrenAcid wrote:
Vect was born before fall, eldar at that time didnt need tubs for babies, so he is trueborn.

i figured he was, but someone was creating a decent argument for the opposite. i was hoping to have an excuse for saying that i am genetically superior to him, but now i have no excuse. damnit

Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?    Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28 2012, 00:14

Originally that story was truth. Now, we can just say it's Vect messing with a guy. Problem solved.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?    Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21 2012, 20:45

citywidecrayon wrote:
Could it be possible that Vect is like the Joker in the Dark Knight ie. Nobody knows his exact origins and when pressed Vect could have easily given several different stories, If he really is the oldest Dark Eldar then nobody is alive now who could challenge the idea that he's been around for a very very long time. I know the current codex says otherwise but then sometimes I'm sure GW aren't aware of their own established cannon...

I have a wacky theory that Vect may be an alias, Avatar or even child of Cegorach.

Certainly would mesh with the story of him having witnessed the fall, been set to be sacrificed (ie eaten by Slannesh), survived due to his distance from the debauchery, escaped into the webway, and why he's so good at what he does...

Anything in cannon that could potentially debunk that?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?    Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22 2012, 01:32

They say he smiles rarely.

Back to top Go down
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?    Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22 2012, 18:40

I also belive that Lady Malys' being she met in the webway was the laugthing god and she wats Vect dead. It wouldn't make to much sense to have two powerful followers at each others throats but then again Cegorarch is the god of sh*ts and giggles Smile
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?    Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23 2012, 21:54

What better way to keep her on a Leash than to literally have replaced her heart with something you control... Smile

Anyway, purely conjecture...
Back to top Go down
Maugarath D'harq
Hellion
Maugarath D'harq

PostSubject: Re: Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?    Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2012, 01:32

Vect isn't hyper enough to be a follower of Cegorach. On top of that, the laughing god isn't that chaotic evil, more of a neutral/chaotic good if we use the harlequins as our example. They're generally pretty cool guys, if you happen to be an eldar. From reading the original DE codex back in 2008 I figured that vect was born prior to the fall as a slave. We know that the haemonculi are the ones responsible for half-borns, so the question is did Haemonculi exist before the fall? If not Vect is most likely trueborn.

PostSubject: Re: Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?    Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Asdrubael Vect a Trueborn?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-
Jump to: